• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

exact backups

boredombulker

If I am using anydvd hd and want to make an exact copy, after ripping the BD to my HDD as an iso file can I just burn that iso or does it need to be rebuilt using something like bd rebuilder? I have been backing up my bd's to 25gb discs by ripping them to my hdd then rebulding them with bd rebuilder and I'm just not sure if that needs to be done with a DL disc backup.

An iso can be burned as is, the only catch is you have to use the same sized disc as the original was. You also can't remove the trailers etc unless you use somethin like BDRB to remove them.

If your iso is from a double layer original, then you'll need to use a double layer blank or obviously it won't fit. Since those are rather expensive compared to single layer ones, is the reason most of us rebuild them to single layer size.

An iso can be burned as is, the only catch is you have to use the same sized disc as the original was. You also can't remove the trailers etc unless you use somethin like BDRB to remove them.

If your iso is from a double layer original, then you'll need to use a double layer blank or obviously it won't fit. Since those are rather expensive compared to single layer ones, is the reason most of us rebuild them to single layer size.

thanks for the info. yes that is what I have been doing with all of my backups is rebuilding them with BDRB after ipping with anydvd to hdd. I just picked up a pack of Verbatim BD-R DL discs straight from japan for around $3 a disc which isnt that bad. I'm going to try a few DL backups thats why I was asking can I just burn that ISO that anydvd rips or does it still need to be rebuilt even though I am now using a DL disc. I didn't want to waste a $3 disc and I only have a few of them. I will try and post back.

It's simple

Rip to iso, start imgburn > burn iso back to disc. All done. IMGBurn will ask you to correct any setting it sees as "wrong" for bd.

thanks for the info. yes that is what I have been doing with all of my backups is rebuilding them with BDRB after ipping with anydvd to hdd. I just picked up a pack of Verbatim BD-R DL discs straight from japan for around $3 a disc which isnt that bad. I'm going to try a few DL backups thats why I was asking can I just burn that ISO that anydvd rips or does it still need to be rebuilt even though I am now using a DL disc. I didn't want to waste a $3 disc and I only have a few of them. I will try and post back.

No if your using BD-R DL Discs, you just rip with AnyDVD HD and burn with ImgBurn. No rebuilding is needed.

i know this is the slysoft forum but I'm just posting this here as an update to my topic. I'm addressing this issue on the imgburn forum as well. Unfortunately the burn failed. I am using high quality verbatim discs so I'm not sure what the problem is. My post from imgburn is below if anyone has any advice. I wanted to use a BD-RE DL for testing purposes but they are so expensive i figured it would be worth a shot to try a BD-R DL but it failed. Guess I will need to get on rewritable one for testing.

tried to burn BD iso ripped with anydvd HD using imgburn 2.5.8.0 using Verbatim BD-R DL ( info below )

and the write process failed around 72%. Anyone can help? This is the first DL i've attempted to burn. My 25gb discs burn just fine. I haven't changed any settings any everything is on default. Am I missing something. Was there something I was supposed to change? I tried to play the disc in my blu ray player and it does start, I see the disc loading and it starts to load the menu, I see "play" "scenes" but the screen is black" after a couple of seconds everything goes black. I thought it may at least play up until the failure. Not sure if that info is any help.

Windows 7

FX6300 CPU

ASUS BW-12B1ST Writer

log of burn process:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcaEZodjZ5MVhxOW8/edit?usp=sharing

screenshot of error:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcZ3hQVXl5VG51dWs/edit?usp=sharing

info from imgburn on disc and burner:

ASUS BW-12B1ST 1.03 (SATA)
Current Profile: BD-R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
MID: MEI-T02-001
Supported Write Speeds: 4x

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 4293918720)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 4293918721)

Disc Definition Structure:
Certified: No
Scanned: No
Manufacturers Name: ASUS BW-12B1ST 1
Additional ID: PLDS
Serial Number: D2D0CL029968

BD Disc Information (L0):
Disc ID: MEI-T02-001
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Disc Time Stamp: 03/2007
Number of Layers: 2
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494

BD Disc Information (L1):
Disc ID: MEI-T02-001
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Disc Time Stamp: 03/2007
Number of Layers: 2
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 2,535,808
Last PAA of Data Zone: 4,063,230

Format Capacities:
DT: 0x02 - NB: 43676672 (0x029A7400) - TDP: 0
FT: 0x00 - NB: 23652352 (0x0168E800) - TDP: 24576
FT: 0x32 - NB: 23652352 (0x0168E800) - TDP: 0
FT: 0x32 - NB: 11593728 (0x00B0E800) - TDP: 0
FT: 0x32 - NB: 24307712 (0x0172E800) - TDP: 0

Performance (Write Speed):
Descriptor 1...
-> B0: 0x00, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> EL: 24438783 (0x0174E7FF)
-> RS: 35,960 KB/s (8x) - WS: 17,980 KB/s (4x)

Last edited:
Burning onto a duel layer Blu-ray can be a tricky thing. 99% of the time your burner doesn't like the dual layer media and a firmware update is needed.

A clean lens is also a must.

Lightening UK over at Imgburn is very helpful in these cases.

When I first burned my DL Blu-ray it failed too and I ended up cross flashing my LG burner to a newer model.

I also had to do a full wipe of the media using Imgburn so all the sectors would be seen.

Burning onto a duel layer Blu-ray can be a tricky thing. 99% of the time your burner doesn't like the dual layer media and a firmware update is needed.

A clean lens is also a must.

Lightening UK over at Imgburn is very helpful in these cases.

When I first burned my DL Blu-ray it failed too and I ended up cross flashing my LG burner to a newer model.

I also had to do a full wipe of the media using Imgburn so all the sectors would be seen.

could you go into a little more detail on this? I do not know with lightening UK at imgburn is and also what do you mean by doing a full wipe of media with imgburn? Also, i've looked on asus website and there doesnt seem to be any firmware available. I also tried to burn the disc again at 2x but was told my burner only supports burning at 4x. Thanks.

You are right! After flashing my burner to the LiteOn iHBS112-2 (PL06) I have been able to successfully burn an ISO image of my blu ray movie using ImgBurn (ripped using anydvd hd to iso file) although it failed verification. I've attached a link to the screenshot and log.

The movie plays just fine in my blu ray player. I haven't played it all the way through but I was able to use the menu and skip through all of the chapters. Everything seems fine. Could there be something wrong with it and why would the verification fail?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcUXdHMkZCZm4tNXM/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcRWg5LW1Td1dwNUE/edit?usp=sharing

Windows 7

Asus BW-12B1ST flashed to LiteOn iHBS112-2 (PL06)

ImgBurn 2.5.8.0

UPDATE: After playing the movie all the way through I found that it starts skipping at 1:19:46 and I assume this is why it failed verification. Any ideas on what happened or how I could prevent this?

2nd UPDATE: I burned the ISO again with Cyberlink Power2go 8 and it burn and verification completed successfully. The disc played through with no skips. Why the errors in imgburn and not cyberlink?

Cyberlink log:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcdTNweDFtbVlTYzg/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I suspect it's more likely to be bad media than Imgburn causing the problem. I had this kind of an issue a while back when I bought Verbatim discs through Ebay. Another thing to be careful of is dust and finger prints. BD-R's are much more sensitive than DVD-R's, so even the slightest bit of dirt can cause a failure

Last edited:
Here's my take I burned a few BD that I rip to image back to BD media without any problems so far and I have a Liteon 212 burner with AnyDVD HD and Imgburn that I used to burn the iso back to blank BD. But I didn't use Verbatim BD media I used another off brand and for the 25 burns I created only 2 where mistakes I inadvertently stop it by mistake. So I can so for my burns if I didn't do those mistakes myself I would have 25 clean burns of backup BD movies.

Last edited:
Here my take I burned a few BD that I rip to image back to BD media without any problems so far and I have a Liteon 212 burner with AnyDVD HD and Imgburn that I used to burn the iso back to blank BD. But I didn't use Verbatim BD media I used another off brand and for the 25 burns I created only 2 where mistakes I inadvertently stop it by mistake. So I can so for my burns if I didn't do those mistakes myself I would have 25 clean burns of backup BD movies.

you don't mention if you are using Dual Layer media. I can burn single layer bd-r's just fine. I was able to burn the one dual layer disc with power2go 8 though...

I've written hundreds of DL BD-r's using Imgburn.

you don't mention if you are using Dual Layer media. I can burn single layer bd-r's just fine. I was able to burn the one dual layer disc with power2go 8 though...

I did both 25gig and 50gig blank BD media with Imgburn after creating ISO image with AnyDVD HD....

Last edited:
Give this method a try and see if it works for you:

50GB dual layer blank disk BD-R (1 to 1 copy)
AnyDVD HD (rip to folder not ISO)
Imgburn

25GB single layer blank disk BD-R (usually movie only)
BD Rebuilder (for compression)
Imgburn

Never ever needed to use verify in Imgburn except for test purposes.
If you must have an ISO copy let Imgburn make the ISO image for you (first choice) and AnyDVD HD (second choice)

ISO image back-up for software playing and rip to folder method for building back-up to a blank disk usually works well.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings!

I'm curious what is the rating of these disks. You mentioned that the burner will only burn at 4X. Are these 4X media? Could you give a PN or UPC.

I noticed that no one mentioned that ImgBurn asks that you disable AnyDVD since it can interfere with the verification process. So, after you rip the ISO to your hard disk then exit out of AnyDVD before you burn the backup disk with ImgBurn. That this usually isn't a problem doesn't mean it can't be.

The log errors you posted are write and verification errors. If you didn't do the verify then you wouldn't know that there were differences between the disk copy and the original ISO so I beg to differ with any one who says not to do the verify even though it does add significantly to the processing time. Once you get consistently good burns, you may decide not to do the verify but I always do.

Some other notes based on my own experience with Blu-ray media. Verbatim, while typically a very good and reliable brand, has put out crap media in the past. A 25 pack of early Verbatim blu-ray media that I purchased was complete garbage and every single disk failed over a two year period. So you can't discount bad media even with Verbatim especially if you happen to get some of that old stuff that had unstable dyes. I also have three blu-ray burners and some media just does better in one drive compared to the others. Which drive depends on the media so you might need to try some other media to find a happy marriage. Checking the manufacturer for tested media might find something too.

Greetings!

I'm curious what is the rating of these disks. You mentioned that the burner will only burn at 4X. Are these 4X media? Could you give a PN or UPC.

Here is the link to the discs... They are 4x discs but when I tried to burn at 2x, it told me I couldn't. I thought these were the best DL discs I could get that aren't outrageously priced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Verbatim...t=US_CD_DVD_Blu_ray_Discs&hash=item46083d0ab7

I agree that not using verification is not a good idea as I took this disc and was able to skip through all of the chapters, all looked fine. I wouldn't even know something was wrong with it unless I watched it all the way through, which I only did because the verification failed and sure enough it started skipping right around the 1:19:46 mark which I would've never known about because I was told the burn was successful. I really don't know where to go from here on the DL media as those discs are so expensive and to just burn through a stack of coasters isn't something I can afford. I will try the remaining discs maybe try ripping the movies with imgburn. I dont really feel comfortable with the verify of cyberlink either because the program is so limited and it doesnt cycle the tray either. There is virtually no settings whatsoever. I want to use imgburn but if they wont burn... hmmm

ANYWAY, on the SL media side that isnt an issue. I have been using these discs,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817501029

I've used anydvd hd to rip the disc to iso and then rebuild with BDRB. The reason why I have been ripping to iso instead of folder is so that I can mount the ISO and select it within BDRB. I've burned over 40 of them with these discs, not a single coaster. I am interested to know now that you guys started talking about disc life. What is the expectancy for a blu ray disc? I didn't realize these things go bad?

Why, oh why?
Ripping to folder is not recommended.
Need folders? VCD will do this for you within seconds.
Need an iso from folders? Often impossible.

Here is the link to the discs... They are 4x discs but when I tried to burn at 2x, it told me I couldn't. I thought these were the best DL discs I could get that aren't outrageously priced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Verbatim...t=US_CD_DVD_Blu_ray_Discs&hash=item46083d0ab7

I agree that not using verification is not a good idea as I took this disc and was able to skip through all of the chapters, all looked fine. I wouldn't even know something was wrong with it unless I watched it all the way through, which I only did because the verification failed and sure enough it started skipping right around the 1:19:46 mark which I would've never known about because I was told the burn was successful. I really don't know where to go from here on the DL media as those discs are so expensive and to just burn through a stack of coasters isn't something I can afford. I will try the remaining discs maybe try ripping the movies with imgburn. I dont really feel comfortable with the verify of cyberlink either because the program is so limited and it doesnt cycle the tray either. There is virtually no settings whatsoever. I want to use imgburn but if they wont burn... hmmm

ANYWAY, on the SL media side that isnt an issue. I have been using these discs,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817501029

I've used anydvd hd to rip the disc to iso and then rebuild with BDRB. The reason why I have been ripping to iso instead of folder is so that I can mount the ISO and select it within BDRB. I've burned over 40 of them with these discs, not a single coaster. I am interested to know now that you guys started talking about disc life. What is the expectancy for a blu ray disc? I didn't realize these things go bad?

You may save your self some coasters by buying one Verbatim DL re-writable.
Get that to work first.

Insert the disc, open Imgburn and click on Tools in the heading bar. Select "Erase Disk" "Full". This will tale a very long time, but only has to be done once.
I found I had to do this before I could get a successful burn and verification with Imgburn. (and yes I know it's not necessary to verify a re-writable disc, but if you can get it to work with a re-writable disc, then it will probably work with a non-rewritable)

It would be better if you posted all of this over at Imgburn, Lightening UK or Cynthia over there would be of more help.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=idx

http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97536-Blu-ray-Double-ReWritable/dp/B004Q9YPYI

You could find these at Newegg at one time, but they don't have any stock ???

Stored properly I think a Verbatim Blu-ray should last around 50 to 80 years.

Last edited:
That's exactly the way I bought my Verbatim discs off Ebay, and they get damaged in transit because they have no cases. The coating on the underside of the discs is slightly soft so when they pack them in the sleeves and then wrap them up really tight they press in to the cross hatching of the sleeves leaving tiny markings on the discs which cause them to fail when being written to. I only ever bought discs once in this way due to this problem, when I complained about it they sent me another set of discs (although that was a few years ago)

Back