• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error when scanning UHD

Just checked, I have SDF.bin version: 0x007E for a friendly drive, and it works fine.
Yes, 7E works. I know. But it is just an indication that his Makemkv doesn't have internet access.

Alex,

one thing I noticed from the new log file that your SDF version is very old. This is an indicator that you have Internet access in Makemkv disabled. If enabled you should have a version 84 or higher instead of 7E. If true this would also explain why makemkv can't decrypt this disc since it needs Internet access to load the decryption keys. If you have it actually enabled something prevents Makemkv to access the Internet.
I updated makemkv to 1.16.7 and the sdf was also updated to 84. Internet access is enabled by default. Doesn't work as well.

Last edited:
Good idea.
It looks like executing
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999
hangs / times out. AnyDVD terminates the process after 30 seconds.

Alex, can you try the above command from a command prompt?
Yes, and it returned "Failed to open disc" :(

This is kind of weird since he can start the GUI version of Makemkv. Should he try another another command line option of makemkvcon.exe to see if it is that specific combination of parameters?

It could also be a bad disc. In the Makemkv forum are reports of people who have issues with this disc. Alex, do you have another UHD to check if your system works in general?

Last edited:
This is kind of weird since he can start the GUI version of Makemkv. Should he try another another command line option of makemkvcon.exe to see if it is that specific combination of parameters?

It could also be a bad disc. In the Makemkv forum are reports of people who have issues with this disc. Alex, do you have another UHD to check if your system works in general?
Yeah. I borrowed my friend's John Wick UHD which is a good disk, and the same issue happened again. And like I said in a previous post, this issue disappeared after I downgraded to 8.5.8.0. So I suspect it has something to do with the libredrive since anydvd started using libredrive to decrypt UHD after 8.5.9.0.

Yeah. I borrowed my friend's John Wick UHD which is a good disk, and the same issue happened again. And like I said in a previous post, this issue disappeared after I downgraded to 8.5.8.0. So I suspect it has something to do with the libredrive since anydvd started using libredrive to decrypt UHD after 8.5.9.0.
Ok. So we can rule out the "bad disc" part. Thank you!

Anyway, thank you guys for your support and continuous attention to this thread. I know I've encountered such a tough problem that no actual workarounds have been found. I will give you the update once I get any progress on it!
And please let me know if you have any thoughts or possible solutions for it. I'll provide feedback ASAP.

Did you ever get to try my steps for creating an ISO image using ImgBurn?

Anyway, thank you guys for your support and continuous attention to this thread. I know I've encountered such a tough problem that no actual workarounds have been found. I will give you the update once I get any progress on it!
And please let me know if you have any thoughts or possible solutions for it. I'll provide feedback ASAP.
I'll create another version with even more log output. A 30 seconds timeout seems plenty.

Alex,

can you borrow this UHD again and try to backup with Makemkv to folders? 2nd icon from the left in the GUI. Just to make sure that it will work with Makemkv and the problem is somewhere inbetween. Thanks!

It's a similar attempt as SamuriHL's but the John Wick 3 should be supported and you don't need to do it the cumbersome way since your disc is not supported by Makemkv.

Alex,

can you borrow this UHD again and try to backup with Makemkv to folders? 2nd icon from the left in the GUI. Just to make sure that it will work with Makemkv and the problem is somewhere inbetween. Thanks!

It's a similar attempt as SamuriHL's but the John Wick 3 should be supported and you don't need to do it the cumbersome way since your disc is not supported by Makemkv.
That's ok, but it may take days. I'll give you update as soon as I get it.

Uhm sorry but no. I'll create an iso and try it today.

No worries. Just that it may help in troubleshooting where the issue may lie. Although what James is asking you to do is much higher priority as it's going after the root of the problem.

Please create a logfile with this version:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8593.exe

I increased the timeout to 60 seconds and it contains more log information. Thank you.
Holy Jesus! You packed some magic in it right? It worked! Well, but not a simple story.

I firstly uninstalled 8.5.9.2 and installed 8.5.9.3 and gave it a reboot. Then I inserted the disk and expected to see the error message pop up. But after about 60 (or more?) seconds anydvd gone silent. I went to check the detail and it said successfully removed encryption! I was so excited and created a logfile then. I checked the log and the status log showed anydvd did successfully removed encryption. And you know anydvd will rescan the disk after creating a log. That's when something strange happened. I waited for another 60-seconds and it appeared again: the error message, about libredrive, the same one with the older version. I tried to create a log again and it seems like it overwrote the logfile I created previously. But I checked it again and the status log also showed anydvd successfully decrypted the disk. One thing I noticed is that in the first log, the anydvd_log.txt showed the whole scanning process took about 68 seconds I remembered, but in the second log, it took about 52 seconds to decrypt the disk. But they all showed that anydvd REMOVED the encryption. After I created the second log, I waited for a while and anydvd failed to decrypt it again.

I ejected the disk and restarted anydvd after that. I put the disk in again and everything seems to be working again. That's weird but at least it was functioning. I hope the log can help you figure it out. Thanks a lot :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.9.3_Info_E_PLANET_EARTH_II_DISC_1_677790CB_04E6CAAD.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yeah so James hit it on the head in that is a timing issue. He'll get the rest of it sorted out I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Back