• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error when scanning UHD

I said fool-proof, not bullet-proof :sneaky:. For bullet-proof it would need an option in Makemkv to check. Right now these are all workarounds.

You actually want AnyDVD doing this anyway because you may think you have it enabled but if you eject the disc at any point and "forget" then it WON'T be active. AnyDVD protects itself from LibreDrive (and obviously makes use of its awesome capabilities) by ensuring that it's always in LibreDrive mode if the drive supports it. And while I'm sure YOU may never forget when you eject a disc, you can't speak for the larger community of AnyDVD users overall. :)

Definitely do want it to!

I think you're looking at it differently than I am.

I'm not trying to set up LibreDrive ahead of time and hoping AnyDVD notices that and doesn't bother to invoke it.

That's dicey at best.

I'm setting up LibreDrive for non-AnyDVD purposes (as you know) and am hoping if I fail to clear it, it won't cause AnyDVD to stumble when it tries to invoke it.

My goal is that I clear LibreDrive after my personal use of it, which will usually happen when opening the drive tray.

But if I didn't, it's perfect that it makes no difference -- AnyDVD will successfully (re-)boot up LibreDrive anyway when ready.

:=)

I said fool-proof, not bullet-proof

Sorry coopervid but you actually did...

...But fortunately Sam found a bullet proof method to invoke Libredrive being active and that's implemented in 8.5.9.1.

T

...but to be honest. I think that Sam's method to invoke Libredrive is as good as a special command line parameter (which doesn't exist yet). Almost bullet-proof....

It's not really all that special. All I did was find a way that AnyDVD can query LibreDrive to ask if a drive is supported. We assume that invoking LibreDrive on a drive that is supported will work, else it's really a bug in LibreDrive. So yes, it's a pretty good solution and will allow AnyDVD to work with any future LibreDrive enabled drives, as well.

Code:
deuhdsys (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\deuhdsys.sys), Version: 6.1.7600.16385 (6.1.7600.16385)
Company: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider
Product: DeUHD
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2017 deuhd Software Inc.
Description: DeUHD Driver
FileVersion: 1.0.0.2 built by: WinDDK
ProductVersion: 1.0.0.2
I suspect this is blocking LibreDrive. Get rid of it and try again.
EDIT: And don't forget to reboot after removing the filter driver.
Unfortunately it's not working. I uninstalled DeUHD and double checked that deuhdsys file was indeed removed. Here's another log after the uninstallation.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.9.1_Info_E_PLANET_EARTH_II_DISC_2.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Maybe a stupid question, why AnyDVD.sys file in drivers folder shows that it's version is 8.3.4.0, which is way too old comparing to the software version? It's a critical component right?

Edit: The screenshot was taken after I downgraded to 8.5.8.0 just now. I checked the logfiles I previously created with 8.5.9.1 and found that the AnyDVD.sys version was 8.5.8.2 which is not a release version. Is that normal? Or is this some kind of development version code that isn't meant to be identical with the software version?

\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys 6d7c0000 0002c000
Version: 8.5.8.2 (8.5.8.2)
Company: RedFox
Product: AnyDVD
Copyright: Copyright 2021 RedFox
Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Trademarks: AnyDVD and RedFox
FileVersion: 8.5.8.2
ProductVersion: 8.5.8.2
Comments: 20211215135642
PrivateBuild: Release
SpecialBuild: x64

Attachments

• anydvd_sys.png
    anydvd_sys.png
    22 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You need to uninstall anydvd and reinstall it. Something prevented the driver from updating and that most definitely could be causing this issue.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Edit: The screenshot was taken after I downgraded to 8.5.8.0 just now. I checked the logfiles I previously created with 8.5.9.1 and found that the AnyDVD.sys version was 8.5.8.2 which is not a release version. Is that normal? Or is this some kind of development version code that isn't meant to be identical with the software version?

\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys 6d7c0000 0002c000
Version: 8.5.8.2 (8.5.8.2)
Company: RedFox
Product: AnyDVD
Copyright: Copyright 2021 RedFox
Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Trademarks: AnyDVD and RedFox
FileVersion: 8.5.8.2
ProductVersion: 8.5.8.2
Comments: 20211215135642
PrivateBuild: Release
SpecialBuild: x64
8.5.8.2 is correct. 8.5.8.2 was the last beta (release candidate) before 8.5.9.0

You need to uninstall anydvd and reinstall it. Something prevented the driver from updating and that most definitely could be causing this issue.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I uninstalled 8.5.9.1 and reinstalled with 8.5.9.2 that James provided, not working again.

Alex,

one thing I noticed from the new log file that your SDF version is very old. This is an indicator that you have Internet access in Makemkv disabled. If enabled you should have a version 84 or higher instead of 7E. If true this would also explain why makemkv can't decrypt this disc since it needs Internet access to load the decryption keys. If you have it actually enabled something prevents Makemkv to access the Internet.

Alex,

one thing I noticed from the new log file that your SDF version is very old. This is an indicator that you have Internet access in Makemkv disabled. If enabled you should have a version 84 or higher instead of 7E. If true this would also explain why makemkv can't decrypt this disc since it needs Internet access to load the decryption keys. If you have it actually enabled something prevents Makemkv to access the Internet.
Good idea.
It looks like executing
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999
hangs / times out. AnyDVD terminates the process after 30 seconds.

Alex, can you try the above command from a command prompt?

Alex,

Just checked, I have SDF.bin version: 0x007E for a friendly drive, and it works fine.

Back