• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error when scanning UHD

Yeah so James hit it on the head in that is a timing issue. He'll get the rest of it sorted out I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I am not sure...
Code:
  5.13s: StartMakeMVKCon commandLine: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true -r info disc:9999
  5.13s: StartMakeMVKCon pid_set: 1
48.30s: StartMakeMVKCon waitResult: 0
This just takes much longer than expected. I can increase the timeout even more, but I would like to know, why it takes that long on Alex' machine.

"USB -> SATA adapter" is being used, could this hardware be responsible ?

This just takes much longer than expected. I can increase the timeout even more, but I would like to know, why it takes that long on Alex' machine.

Some of these drives just plain suck at reading discs. The LibreDrive command can take a while because it requires that the disc is at least acknowledged in the drive. So this is not fully unexpected at least with some of the friendly drives.

Some of these drives just plain suck at reading discs. The LibreDrive command can take a while because it requires that the disc is at least acknowledged in the drive. So this is not fully unexpected at least with some of the friendly drives.
I am increasing the timeout to 2 minutes.

I am increasing the timeout to 2 minutes.

That's reasonable. If after 2 minutes you don't have the drive LibreDrive'd, it's safe to say something is very wrong.

However....

Not to break your will to live, but if a person has multiple drives and they all suck at reading discs, I genuinely don't know what that does. Or if some of the drives are in use. There's a bunch of edge case scenarios that could be run into. I get that this is the best we can do for now but just want to make you aware that there are plenty of ways it can go sideways.

FYI my system has six (!) BD-XL drives attached. But, I've never had any timing issues like the OP for this thread.

That's reasonable. If after 2 minutes you don't have the drive LibreDrive'd, it's safe to say something is very wrong.

However....

Not to break your will to live, but if a person has multiple drives and they all suck at reading discs, I genuinely don't know what that does. Or if some of the drives are in use. There's a bunch of edge case scenarios that could be run into. I get that this is the best we can do for now but just want to make you aware that there are plenty of ways it can go sideways.
Well, in this case AnyDVD will stop processing. Which is the right thing to do.

Back