• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

End is Near for DVD/BD Drives?

it seems that there is not much interest from people, this is quite a bad sign and it can really mean the end of players for these media in the future, unfortunately, film studios are starting to close down the media presses, especially the big film studios, I recommend buying enough reading and storage hardware according to your needs, because it is possible that in the near future it will not be possible to solve this also applies to other members of the REDFOX forum
When I get some extra cash, I'm going to purchase another friendly Blu-ray drive and keep it in storage after I make sure it's working properly.

That way, I'll have a way to rip 4K UHD Blu-rays for the foreseeable future. The one that I bought 3 years ago is still working, thank heavens, but it would be nice to have another as a backup.

When I get some extra cash, I'm going to purchase another friendly Blu-ray drive and keep it in storage after I make sure it's working properly.

That way, I'll have a way to rip 4K UHD Blu-rays for the foreseeable future. The one that I bought 3 years ago is still working, thank heavens, but it would be nice to have another as a backup.
I was thinking the same. Yea I wonder how many UHDs you can rip before the drive dies?

There's still hope. https://teac-datastorage.com/

And even if though it's analog audio performance was found to be audibly below that of the Oppo's, this new and massive BD player offers proof that demand for physical media player's is hardly over.

And even if though it's analog audio performance was found to be audibly below that of the Oppo's, this new and massive BD player offers proof that demand for physical media player's is hardly over.

these mechanics are no longer sold in our country :( https://teac-datastorage.com/ you can only buy used very expensive ones from Poland

these mechanics are no longer sold in our country :( https://teac-datastorage.com/ you can only buy used very expensive ones from Poland
Ordering consumer electronics beyond national borders must be done thousands of times/minute. So, what's stopping you from placing an overseas order? Scroll down on that page and find at least three US based resellers.

Ordering consumer electronics beyond national borders must be done thousands of times/minute. So, what's stopping you from placing an overseas order? Scroll down on that page and find at least three US based resellers.
I don't even live in the USA, I'm from the Czech Republic from Europe

I don't even live in the USA, I'm from the Czech Republic from Europe
HA!

Want to bet how many people from the US and worldwide have been ordering these lovely DACs directly from Pavel Krasensky's factory in Prague??

Huh,Huh... So you have spent the money on audio equipment so you can appreciate what this player can do? Gimmie a break! Teenie dreams.

HA!

Want to bet how many people from the US and worldwide have been ordering these lovely DACs directly from Pavel Krasensky's factory in Prague??

Huh,Huh... So you have spent the money on audio equipment so you can appreciate what this player can do? Gimmie a break! Teenie dreams.
these are very interesting machines :)

HA!

in our country there are problems with optical drives for PCs, we have a shortage of them, only three manufacturers ASUS, LG and LiteON and a few external units verbatim and the three mentioned manufacturers import to us

in our country there are problems with optical drives for PCs, we have a shortage of them, only three manufacturers ASUS, LG and LiteON and a few external units verbatim and the three mentioned manufacturers import to us
You are wrong. LiteOn doesn't make BD drives. Pretty much only Pioneer and LG are left. ASUS is just rebranded LG.

Okay, so those brands may not import large volumes to your brick & mortar stores, but when in need of BD drives, why can't individuals like you or your friends just place your own order from overseas online stores like here

or https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Bla...040320?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1395

or from newegg.com or especially EBay?? And Ebay usually offers free buyer protection, or at least they do for US buyers. But Ebay is pretty much global so you should go there and check this out.

Question: Are DVD drives just as much in demand as BD drives in your country? If so, since DVD patents expired long ago might domestic production of DVD drives be profitable?

You are wrong. LiteOn doesn't make BD drives. Pretty much only Pioneer and LG are left. ASUS is just rebranded LG.
yes, unfortunately, LiteOn doesn't produce Blu-ray drives, so we practically only have LG left because Pioneer doesn't have friendly UHD, and I heard that LG has problems with reading discs, so I guess I should look forward to it, ironically, because I have a lot of double-layer original discs and I heard that there are problems with reading them, recently it was solved here on the forum, so a very sad future

yes, unfortunately, LiteOn doesn't produce Blu-ray drives, so we practically only have LG left because Pioneer doesn't have friendly UHD, and I heard that LG has problems with reading discs, so I guess I should look forward to it, ironically, because I have a lot of double-layer original discs and I heard that there are problems with reading them, recently it was solved here on the forum, so a very sad future
You can get a Pioneer drive with firmware before Dec. 2022.
Look here:

Write an email and don't use ebay.

Okay, so those brands may not import large volumes to your brick & mortar stores, but when in need of BD drives, why can't individuals like you or your friends just place your own order from overseas online stores like here

or https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Bla...040320?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1395

or from newegg.com or especially EBay?? And Ebay usually offers free buyer protection, or at least they do for US buyers. But Ebay is pretty much global so you should go there and check this out.

Question: Are DVD drives just as much in demand as BD drives in your country? If so, since DVD patents expired long ago might domestic production of DVD drives be profitable?
I bought three of these Blu-ray drives a few days ago, they are almost the only ones sold here, then there are also a few LG and lower models of drives that I bought in the already mentioned model BW-16D1HT, we also sell models in the 12DHT version, but the ones I have was informed by his supplier that he cannot write multi-layer BLURAY

unfortunately, this BLURAY mechanism is as expensive here as it is here, so importing it from a foreign country is not worth it because it will cost the same price for the product

I couldn't turn down the 30% sale for PowerDVD 22 Ultra, so I plunked down the 69.99 US (not including US sales tax) for the software over the weekend, to install onto my 3rd laptop (A Dell Latitude 3520 that had Windows 10 Pro on it that I immediately upgraded to Windows 11 Pro) in which I got as a Free gift from the local college I'm attending at the moment.

By the way, Cyberlink has extended the 30% off sale of their products until August 13th.

Back on topic: It's amazing how there are fewer Blu-ray drives available where I live, except for the local computer store. I'd have better luck ordering them on this Forum or at Amazon.

Last edited:
Back