• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DvdFab Jumping Off The Future 4K Ripping Program

nothing new. Posted a couple times in other topics already. But can't say im surprised lol :p

Ch3vr0n, like James, the former AnyDVD HD developer implied, Fengtao kind of 'used' Slysoft's AnyDVD HD to get their programs to work.

;)

I probably won't use their stuff, even though I got a free copy of their Passkey program.

If it isn't going to take on AACS 2.0, I won't use it.

Thought I read somewhere that the chain of theft is long. SlySoft -> Fengtao -> MakeMKV (whatever the authors or company is called)...

Anyway... I kinda expected Fengtao to hold back after the SlySoft closure. Their crap is like the perfect ripoff of AnyDVD, only that it doesn't work as well, or didn't when i trialed it just to compare.

The scare campaign by AACS LA is the perfect opportunity for Fengtao to pull out, not revealing that they are in fact incompetent and now f*uck all about decryption.

And before Slysoft, all started from Doom9 forums isn't it?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/27/aacs-drm-cracked-by-backuphddvd-tool/ yes..

If I recall correctly it wasn't Slysoft that originally cracked AACS in the first place. We used to have a much smaller utility that would rip the keys from playback software or hardware or something along those lines. Slysoft simply streamlined this method with AnyDVD (I know this is an oversimplification). Once these discs become more mainstream someone out there is going to crack 2.0 and then someone will turn it into commercial software sadly..

Last edited:
We used to have a much smaller utility that would rip the keys from playback software or hardware or something along those lines. Slysoft simply streamlined this method with AnyDVD (I know this is an oversimplification).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this is true.
Slysoft had their own different method that was not based on the other available method, which was proven when new discs became available and AnyDVD continued to handle them.

This whole thread is off topic now, this is the Red Fox forum and I believe its going to continue, plus AnyDVDHD works just fine now.

And before Slysoft, all started from Doom9 forums isn't it?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/27/aacs-drm-cracked-by-backuphddvd-tool/ yes..

If I recall correctly it wasn't Slysoft that originally cracked AACS in the first place. We used to have a much smaller utility that would rip the keys from playback software or hardware or something along those lines. Slysoft simply streamlined this method with AnyDVD (I know this is an oversimplification). Once these discs become more mainstream someone out there is going to crack 2.0 and then someone will turn it into commercial software sadly..

Still off topic, but I can't let that remain uncommented (if this turns into a discussion, we'll move it to a new thread).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this is true.
Slysoft had their own different method that was not based on the other available method, which was proven when new discs became available and AnyDVD continued to handle them.

Right.

I don't like seeing SlySoft efforts in the past being belittled.
Neither do I want to belittle what was done over at doom9. It was still a cool hack.

So, for clarification, a little history:

Late in 2006 someone read through the AACS specification and thought, hell, why not, let's see if I can find keys in a memory dump of a player that will unlock a disc.
He simply walked the memory dump and tried every possible 16 byte sequence, until one unlocked the video.
And he got lucky - an early version of WinDVD held the title keys in plain text in memory. Using this approach, he could play a specific disc with WinDVD and then brute-force his way through a memory dump to discover the matching keys.
These keys were gathered and published and would allow decrypting tools to decrypt a handful of discs.

It should be quite obvious, that, as impressing as this was, the approach is totally useless for a commercial application.
  • as expected, the very next version of WinDVD no longer used unobfuscated title keys
  • a commercial product can't rely on a list of keys that had to be brute-forced out of a certain version of a certain player for each and every disc
  • of course ever since, no player ever used the actual keys in memory in a way that they can be extracted
Then SlySoft did the real thing and implemented the whole AACS procedure January 2007, released a version in February 2007 (which is the origin of the February gag).
Including authentication with the drive, calculating title keys by using actual processing keys that can generically decrypt any disc.
That required a lot more than dumping a player's memory and brute forcing a key out of it.
A bit over a month later, doom9 followed independently.

Now as for BD+:
AnyDVD could remove BD+ starting November 2007.
Doom9 - the tremendous effort required can be seen there in the forum - followed roughly a year later. (And they had a little help from AnyDVD, that allowed them to compare input and output).
They never got past the first one or two generations of BD+ due to the sheer complexity of the matter, so the project was abandoned.
DVDFab added BD+ support a whole 2 years after SlySoft.

So nobody should ever doubt SlySoft's ability to handle any upcoming new protection. On their own.

So, for clarification, a little history:

So nobody should ever doubt SlySoft's ability to handle any upcoming new protection. On their own.

Thanks for the information Pete.
There seems to be a lot of talk about this recently, at various places, how Slysoft never broke the original AACS and relied on the public method.
Hopefully this clears everything up for everyone.

Thanks for the information Pete.
There seems to be a lot of talk about this recently, at various places, how Slysoft never broke the original AACS and relied on the public method.
Hopefully this clears everything up for everyone.

Only few people will read it.

Well I did, interesting stuff and never doubted slysoft was first. The evidence of copied anydvd code by someone else is just too obvious.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back