• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD/BD TV Episode Back Up Procedure for Newbies

They are really for different purposes.

The ISO is the entire physical disc. It is 100% of the data contained on the physical disc. Technically can be used to recreate the disc by writing to a blank disc (minus any DRM). It's just that a backup in case you lose the disc. Long term archival, not much more to do with it. Though technically if you love discs but want to go discless you can mount the ISOs in windows and treat it just like you inserted the physical disc even playing menus etc. Not sure what point of that is as take up more space and backup data should be put in cold storage and re copied every 3-5 years (if using a magnetic HDD).

MKV is just a container taking the sections of the TV Series or Movie you select and creating playable files you can watch or stream, edit etc.

Question: Is defragging a HDD that used exclusively for movie and music back a good or bad thing? While it may help the drive find a file faster-and thereby put less physical wear on moving parts-does it help to protect data or put it at risk?

And when is it better to use SDDs rather than HDDs?

Question: Is defragging a HDD that used exclusively for movie and music back a good or bad thing? While it may help the drive find a file faster-and thereby put less physical wear on moving parts-does it help to protect data or put it at risk?

And when is it better to use SDDs rather than HDDs?
I personally use an SSD drive exclusively for my media streaming as it's much faster and no need to defrag those.

I use a HDD (15TB, 20TB etc) for cold storage backup, never bother to defrag those as more wear and tear. Then copy every 3-5 years, though you could go longer not really recommended though.

Back