• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download file size

I wish more set-top media players handled AV1. That's the next big thing until we eventually get h266 or vp10.
My first sentence -- do any of them handle that yet? I have not powered up my Nvidia Shield in some time to see if Kodi decodes it.
The zidoo media players handle AV1, according to the specs.
They are not cheap though.

The zidoo media players handle AV1, according to the specs.
They are not cheap though.
I wouldn't touch Zidoo anymore.
The support is lousy.
The firmware for the players is full of "bugs" and never get fixed properly.

I have a zidoo 10 pro and it didn't cost half of that. About $465 Canadian or 317 Euro
Does Dolby Vision, Atmos etc.
Have had no problems with it
If you look at the website I think the prices went up.

They don't have a price for my model. Would have to go to Ali Express, which charges a fortune

They don't have a price for my model. Would have to go to Ali Express, which charges a fortune
I have to be honest, I haven't heard good things about that brand, I never owned one for that reason.

Some like it, some don't.
Don't know about their support, never needed it.
When the time comes to replace it I 'll see what meets my needs and the respective prices.
Not particular about media player brand.

for 900 € you too can have a zidoo. :giggle:
Yes, for that money you could build a more than capable PC to decode it.
Looks like they start at $249 on Amazon US and support the format. Considering the cost of an Nvidia Shield, it's not really too far off.

Looks like the Dune Homatics player does av1 also, at $149.

The zidoo does not specify vp9 support, but the Dune does. I cannot imagine the Zidoo to NOT support it.

Last edited:
Yes, for that money you could build a more than capable PC to decode it.
Looks like they start at $249 on Amazon US and support the format. Considering the cost of an Nvidia Shield, it's not really too far off.

The zidoo does not specify vp9 support, but the Dune does. I cannot imagine the Zidoo to NOT support it.
Funny, you guys discussing some overpriced china boxes when there's an established player doing all that and more. And it's cheaper, too.
OSMC Vero

I've been using OSMC on an RPi years ago and it was a quite decent experience. Their support forum isn't bad either.

Funny, you guys discussing some overpriced china boxes when there's an established player doing all that and more. And it's cheaper, too.
OSMC Vero

I've been using OSMC on an RPi years ago and it was a quite decent experience. Their support forum isn't bad either.
No Dolby Vision support.

Well I guess that's the price for going open source and getting virtually eternal software support. According to their site it still plays DV as HDR though.

not to go OT, but that dune (G)NUI looks horrible. bad font, menus look childish, icons as well... jesus... does (G)UI differ per tier? e.g. 99$ dune gets this horrible looking (G)UI and the 1500$ one get something better looking?

Back