• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Destination Drive Too Slow" Message

Pete, thanks also for your input. Those of us with high-end CPUs probably don't realize (I didn't) just how much CPU processing UHD uses. I do know when CloneBD "hits the wall," it really does appear dead. I once let it go for about a full day and it still was going (I say "going" but there was no indication of any CPU activity). Your advice, "just don't" is good advice.

EmpathicEar, what works for me now is that my new computer has an NVIDIA Quadro card which CloneBD can take advantage of CUDA hardware acceleration. From what I've read, the AMD (including Radeon) hardware is a "work in progress" as far as CloneBD hardware acceleration is concerned. I updated the drivers on my previous computer that has a Radeon card and updated CloneBD and still no luck. CloneBD allowed the dots to be "checked" for AMD hardware acceleration, but still didn't employ that hardware acceleration in the UHD encode.

At this point, CloneBD appears to be the best solution for "shrinking" UHDs. I have always liked BD-Rebuilder but it still appears not to be able to take advantage of hardware acceleration and thus is much slower. CloneBD has a great interface and plenty of options for full disc, feature-only, and even whether to keep Dolby Vision, or downgrade audio to DTS. The caveat being that if you're doing UHD, having an NVIDIA card is nearly a "must," at the very least, highly recommended.

I say "going" but there was no indication of any CPU activity
In that case it simply got stuck, possibly for a totally unrelated reason.
The CloneBD log file would show why and allow Elby to fix this.
But the log file you posted early in this thread looks like you aborted it before it hit that "wall".

In that case it simply got stuck, possibly for a totally unrelated reason.
The CloneBD log file would show why and allow Elby to fix this.
But the log file you posted early in this thread looks like you aborted it before it hit that "wall".
Taking everything into consideration: I am still waiting for CloneBD to fully support hardware acc. with my AMD rig? [I listed both the rig and the video card in my earlier posts. And, now added the latest video driver/software released on 4/2]

I have the same problem here ! Tried it on 3 computer. CPU encoding always do the same thing at around 5-6 min. Did you find a way to make it work ?

Yup, don't go the AMD GPU way if you intend to do HiRes Video Processing, especially 4K and up...

Back