• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink Software

Credit where Credit is due

Well after posting my scathing bug report yesterday, this morning I went to the Intel site and found they had posted a newer Sound driver for Vista than when I had last checked. I installed this driver (I could not tell any differance between the two as my sound had been perfect in all by PowerDVD ultra 7.3 before the update) then I installed 7.3 again. Wonder of Wonder, the digital output via S/PDIF optical now works and I have sound in PowerDVD Ultra 7.3.

The problems mentioned with Superman Returns and the BD advisor remain but at least I can watch movies in this release. It rather shocks me that since Superman Returns is one of the biggest HD-DVD releases and in that they must be aware of the problem since I have seen many posts here as well as on their forums about it, not to mention my own tech support notes going back to January, that this hasn't been addressed but at least the player seems to now work as well as 7.1 for me. I do not have a BD drive so I can't check that aspect of the program out.

Whatever the case the sound problem appears to have been mine for not upgrading to the latest Vista driver rather than Cyberlinks. One interesting factor though is that Cyberlink no longer sees my HDCP compliant video card and monitor I can only use the product with AnyDVD/HD loaded else the player program reports that I don't have the right equipment. Credit where Credit is due.

Last edited:
Well after posting my scathing bug report yesterday, this morning I went to the Intel site and found they had posted a newer Sound driver for Vista than when I had last checked. I installed this driver (I could not tell any differance between the two as my sound had been perfect in all by PowerDVD ultra 7.3 before the update) then I installed 7.3 again. Wonder of Wonder, the digital output via S/PDIF optical now works and I have sound in PowerDVD Ultra 7.3.

The problems mentioned with Superman Returns and the BD advisor remain but at least I can watch movies in this release. It rather shocks me that since Superman Returns is one of the biggest HD-DVD releases and in that they must be aware of the problem since I have seen many posts here as well as on their forums about it, not to mention my own tech support notes going back to January, that this hasn't been addressed but at least the player seems to now work as well as 7.1 for me. I do not have a BD drive so I can't check that aspect of the program out.

Whatever the case the sound problem appears to have been mine for not upgrading to the latest Vista driver rather than Cyberlinks. One interesting factor though is that Cyberlink no longer sees my HDCP compliant video card and monitor I can only use the product with AnyDVD/HD loaded else the player program reports that I don't have the right equipment. Credit where Credit is due.
Dear wdgoldstein:
I knew you would find a way around your issue. I just had that feeling. I am very happy you got this working and I am sure if their are other issue you will figure them out or Cyberlink will fix the issue. Good job.:clap:

Addendum

Dear wdgoldstein:
I knew you would find a way around your issue. I just had that feeling. I am very happy you got this working and I am sure if their are other issue you will figure them out or Cyberlink will fix the issue. Good job.:clap:

The BD advisor and non-HDCP compatible problem is due to a Big Screen I have connected that mirrors the main monitor. If I disable it both 7.3 and BD advisor work properly. Again thanks to AnyDVD/HD I do not have to do this

Back