• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink Software

I think Vista might be the problem, I am also using mine with XP Pro.:confused:

This is NOT encouraging, guys. :) What's going on over there at Cyberlink?! I'm really disillusioned...they usually have such good quality. Not with this software, apparently. :(

Vista

This is NOT encouraging, guys. :) What's going on over there at Cyberlink?! I'm really disillusioned...they usually have such good quality. Not with this software, apparently. :(

I am afraid I must agree with you. I am running Vista with a current Intel Motherboard. The internal sound which is usually excellant will not work either optical digital or analog through audio out. The sound drivers are Sigmatel for Intel and this is the sound system Intel is using for all their High End media systems. 7.1 surround. The driver is the latest from Intel. Worked great with 7.2 but I am afraid they threw even more DRM crap into this version that has killed the sound. The problems with Superman were there with 7.2 which is why I selected it to test 7.3. Program ran stable with Van Helsing (without sound) but that is a step backword not an advance. I think Cyberlink bit off more than they can chew.

At this point I think they should refund all 7 Ultra users their money as they have a product in release for 3 months that does not do what it was advertised to do. My patience is about gone.

As with all new builds, especially when coinsiding with a new operating sysytem, you would expect some bugs at first as with all software there will be updates and patches. I am not making excusues for them but it takes time to make a software compatible with everyones configuration and when Vista is thrown into the mix, you have a situation where fustrating circumstances happen. :doh:

I am afraid I must agree with you. I am running Vista with a current Intel Motherboard. The internal sound which is usually excellant will not work either optical digital or analog through audio out. The sound drivers are Sigmatel for Intel and this is the sound system Intel is using for all their High End media systems. 7.1 surround. The driver is the latest from Intel. Worked great with 7.2 but I am afraid they threw even more DRM crap into this version that has killed the sound. The problems with Superman were there with 7.2 which is why I selected it to test 7.3. Program ran stable with Van Helsing (without sound) but that is a step backword not an advance. I think Cyberlink bit off more than they can chew.

At this point I think they should refund all 7 Ultra users their money as they have a product in release for 3 months that does not do what it was advertised to do. My patience is about gone.

That is REALLY disappointing. I really don't know what to say. I hope they get some competition soon cause I think that would motivate them. I had high hopes for this software. I bought it a week before my birthday in anticipation of getting my HD-DVD drive and so far my experience with it has SUCKED...even on normal DVD's. It just does NOT like Vista at all. I don't know...I'm with you in losing confidence and patience. That's not a good thing. I would not be recommending this software to anyone at this point in time.

Sorry man but I have to agree that it's on the Vista side. I refuse to run that on any of my main machines at this time. I WILL play with it but my curiosity has not been peaked to be honest.

g

Sorry man but I have to agree that it's on the Vista side. I refuse to run that on any of my main machines at this time. I WILL play with it but my curiosity has not been peaked to be honest.

g

Yea, well, I'm not convinced it's all Vista's issue. I think PowerDVD Ultra and Vista don't get along well. Who's to blame? I don't know yet, but, irregardless, the situation is intolerable. It NEEDS to be fixed asap as far as I'm concerned.

*****!

g

Well if that doesn't suck hind titty. Uninstalled 7.3 and reinstalled 7.2. Now I no longer have audio in 7.2. Will have to use system restore to return to where I was before all this started. SH!!!!!!!!T

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if that doesn't suck hind titty. Uninstalled 7.3 and reinstalled 7.2. Now I no longer have audio in 7.2. Will have to use system restore to return to where I was before all this started. SH!!!!!!!!T

Ummmmm, that does NOT impress me at ALL!!!!!! For crying out loud, how the hell can they make it WORSE?!!?!?!?!

This is probably the main reason it is not on their servers yet, it is working fine for me in XP Pro. But I do not doubt that people running Vista are having problems. This is an issue with alot of software, Vista is only out for 60 days, it will take time for all softwares to be competely compatible with it. I feel bad that some of you guys and gals are having problems and I will do my best to see what if anything I can find out about it. The funny thing is that many users of this software in beta had no problems when using internal BD and HD drives. These drives are not available at a reasonable price yet but I am sure all the companys are working hard to produce a product that will live up to its billing. In my personal opinion, I think this is a Vista driver issue. I am still testing as all of you are now and together I think we can find a solution to these issues. Patience is a virtue, this is brand new software, to tell the truth I expected worse.

Ultra 7.3

[/B]I am still testing as all of you are now and together I think we can find a solution to these issues. Patience is a virtue, this is brand new software, to tell the truth I expected worse.

IMHO Vista was in trade then public beta for over 6 months before release. That is more than enough time for companies like Cyberlink, who are part of the consortium with MS to have a usable product. I am sure the issues are with Vista drivers but so what. IF you buy a new system it will come with Vista, if you get a high end system it most likley have 7.1 digital sound (such as mine) if you are selling software for early adapters you make sure your product will meet thier needs.

Just think about it this way. You make a NEW program, that requires top of the line NEW hardware, you specify NEW drivers, specific VIDEO and AUDIO cards and then you do your testing with an old operating system.

Far as I am concerned that doesn't fly

IMHO Vista was in trade then public beta for over 6 months before release. That is more than enough time for companies like Cyberlink, who are part of the consortium with MS to have a usable product. I am sure the issues are with Vista drivers but so what. IF you buy a new system it will come with Vista, if you get a high end system it most likley have 7.1 digital sound (such as mine) if you are selling software for early adapters you make sure your product will meet thier needs.

Just think about it this way. You make a NEW program, that requires top of the line NEW hardware, you specify NEW drivers, specific VIDEO and AUDIO cards and then you do your testing with an old operating system.

I cannot agree with you more, but tell me, as of now how many people are using Vista and how many are using XP? I think the results will show that a new program (that I agree it should work with both systems, I agree with you completely), would get more bad feedback from XP users than Vista users, I am not saying this is an excuse or they even knew this was an issue, I tested on XP , others tested on Vista, I do not know their findings with Vista. But you also have to take into consideration incompatible programs that are installed on peoples systems. This will take time to figure out, its been that way with software since its inception and will not change. There are just to many variables to take into consideration to have a perfect product in a short amount of time.

Now, I'm afraid of installing 7.3 since I'm using Vista. I could install it on XP since I'm running a dual-boot setup. But, then I have to transfer AnyDVD HD to XP from Vista also. If I do so, I also have to transfer ConeDVD and CloneCD to XP. Geez....

BTW, the size of 7.3 is 88.3MB instead of 130MB (7.1).

Now, I'm afraid of installing 7.3 since I'm using Vista. I could install it on XP since I'm running a dual-boot setup. But, then I have to transfer AnyDVD HD to XP from Vista also. If I do so, I also have to transfer ConeDVD and CloneCD to XP. Geez....

BTW, the size of 7.3 is 88.3MB instead of 130MB (7.1).
Thats probably because of the cynergys between BluRay and HD merged into one Edition.:agree: 88mbs vs 130mbs

Misses the real question

I cannot agree with you more, but tell me, as of now how many people are using Vista and how many are using XP?

I believe you miss the point. How many people with all the necessary hardware are running Vista compared to XP. I suspect the ratio is closer to 1:2 than it is amoung the general population. As such and with the common sense idea that that ratio will keep slanting towards Vista each day where would you put your greatest efforts. If not for all the DRM code installed for XP (as it is already built into Vista itself) Cyberlink could just pass audio and video on to windows and not have to deal directly with these drivers and HDCP compatability.

I am not new when it comes to software or testing. I worked on development for Norton Utilities 6, 7 & 8 back in the days of DOS 5 & 6 and Windows 3.1. Granted we lived in a simpler hardware world with a stable OS but we tested the HELL out of a new product before it went to Beta. We tested with DOS back to ver. 3.0 and even with Beta's of what would become Windows 95. Our belief then was that if it is on the market our product better work with it. Too bad that today Slysoft is one of the few companies that still seems to have that philosophy. Their stuff always works and I have NEVER had a blue screen with any product they have released or put into Beta. Damn but I wish they would develop a DRM free HD/BD/SD player.

Think James and Peer would like to give that a go? They've got half of it already in AnyDVD/HD.

Well, I just got the download link sent to me. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home from work. Here's hoping things improve...

Well, I just got the download link sent to me. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home from work. Here's hoping things improve...

Be careful, from what I've heard the new version breaks ReClock... :(

Bud, I'm not disagreeing with you here. It SHOULD be fixed a.s.a.p. but Vista has MANY issues (ESPECIALLY on the Audio driver side), so I just don't get why you are so surprised. Even if it is a combo of Powerdvd and Vista not getting along, it shouldn't surprise you.

g

Be careful, from what I've heard the new version breaks ReClock... :(

That won't hurt my laptop as I'm running Vista Ultimate. ReClock doesn't work with it anyway. I just want to see if they've fixed any of the stupidity I've seen on Vista...and I'm not even talking about with HD-DVD!! But, for XP users using ReClock, that is most definitely NOT welcome news... :(

Back