• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved CWTV 1.6.0.0 - Unsupported Video Format

zanetti

updated AS, opened CWTV, e.g. heroes/librarians download fine, tried 10 other shows (XIII/the lost girl/the rising/reign/nancy drew etc) and they all come up with 'were sorry, this title has an unspported format'. what do? checked log messages and there is absolutely nothing there when i click on a show/download that has that message (usually theres something in the log file while preparing download). does 'unsupported' mean unencrypted or? thanks. cheers.

Last edited:
Nothing you can do.
It's an unsupported format (stone age M3U transport stream specification from back in the 90s), AnyStream can't convert it.
There are also no plans to make it work, it's not worth the relatively high amount of trouble.

updated AS, opened CWTV, e.g. heroes/librarians download fine, tried 10 other shows (XIII/the lost girl/the rising/reign/nancy drew etc) and they all come up with 'were sorry, this title has an unspported format'. what do? checked log messages and there is absolutely nothing there when i click on a show/download that has that message (usually theres something in the log file while preparing download). does 'unsupported' mean unencrypted or? thanks. cheers.
You are in Europe, CWTV is just enabled for the USA, I didn't think a VPN would work.

You are in Europe, CWTV is just enabled for the USA, I didn't think a VPN would work.
heh, it works. but shame half the stuff dont work due to m3u. and yes, i think those that dont work are unencrypted, im tubedigging now but its tedious af, wished AS would come in handy but it is what it is. thanks.

heh, it works. but shame half the stuff dont work due to m3u. and yes, i think those that dont work are unencrypted, im tubedigging now but its tedious af, wished AS would come in handy but it is what it is. thanks.
I think saying half is quite an overestimation, yes there are some, but not half, and whatever you get is free, no subscription.

I will say, the patch notes state that "some older shows" won't be downloadable due to the format but there's new ones too (Nancy Drew, Son of a Critch).

Edit: not a complaint, I am super happy to any new providers :) :) :) Just a clarification.

I'm in the US and while most of the CW movies seem to work fine a fair number of the series report the same "were sorry, this title has an unspported format" message with no option to download.

Edit:

Not a complaint either. I just wanted to make it clear that there are some issues. I was looking forward to the series "The Rising" which is a new-ish 2022 UK series (remake) and that simply won't download. As well as some noteworthy others

I'm in the US and while most of the CW movies seem to work fine a fair number of the series report the same "were sorry, this title has an unspported format" message with no option to download.
Please read post 2 in this thread. I can understand not doing a search, but please read the thread you are posting in.:rolleyes:

I think saying half is quite an overestimation, yes there are some, but not )half, and whatever you get is free, no subscription.
i was just ballparking it. i clicked on 15 things and 10 didnt work. :)

series "The Rising" which is a new-ish 2022 UK series (remake) and that simply won't download. As well as some noteworthy others
try tubedigger. or tartube. they are both slow as hell, same goes for pluto and tubi, and it takes forever but if it spews an error in AS it means its unencrypted so you can download with other tools, e.g. tubedigger/tartube or, i presume, ytdl or whatever thats called. i was really looking forward to AS supporting CW, as it makes things much faster and slicker, but hey. it is what it is. cheers.

Please read post 2 in this thread. I can understand not doing a search, but please read the thread you are posting in.:rolleyes:
I read it,...beforehand. Note there were no pleads to fix it in my post.

I was merely, initially, trying to give fellow users a quick assessment as to what seems to work (movies) and what is more of a roll the dice situation (series) on the CW.

I also heard loud and clear that a fix is not inbound.

In Essence, any series NOT original to the CW should download OK. CW shows were not protected and are in M3U8 format.

A future update or WB and CBS may request that be changed and all shows be protected. We'll have to wait and see. Just
keep in mind....they do not own the CW anymore but still own the original shows. I don't see them allowing them to remain
unprotected forever.

Dear all,
I enjoy CW shows since I discovered the channel ~8-9 years ago. I was able to download the shows that I used to watch such as Krypton, The Flash, The Swamp Thing, Killing Eve, and more ... before they were available in streaming platforms (crypted). To do so, I used a 3rd party software (that I will not name here) providing 1080p resolution under mp4 format (you have to setup the software top do so). Each file was 2.5 - 3 Gb in size. Because these shows are unprotected in CW, the software "was intercepting/monitoring" the Network feed to download them (or you can copy and paste the link of the episode in the window to download). By the way, it was capturing also close caption (cc) content in English that you can display using VLC.

Nothing you can do.
It's an unsupported format (stone age M3U transport stream specification from back in the 90s), AnyStream can't convert it.
There are also no plans to make it work, it's not worth the relatively high amount of trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is the case why bother to put it on AS when so many of the titles are not downloadable?

Pretty much everything I am interested in is not downloadabe!

The CW We are sorry, this title has an unsupported format.
Dark Matter Season 1
The Rising
Messengers
Forever
Ringer
Frequency
Wow Women of Wrestling
Kung fu Etc.

And Wow TV needs a subscription to their interent plan!

I was very excited to get Peacock but the other added platforms are questionable.

Last edited:
Nothing you can do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is the case why bother to put it on AS when so many of the titles are not downloadable?

Pretty much everything I am interested in is not downloadabe!

The CW W'rre sorry, this title has an unsupported format.
Dark Matter Season 1
The Rising
Messengers
Forever
Ringer
Frequency
Wow Women of Wrestling
Kung fu Etc.

And Wow TV needs a subscription to their interent plan!

I was very excited to get Peacock but the other added platforms are questionable.
There are several programs you can use to download unprotected videos....a couple mentioned were Tubedigger and yt-dlp
Their current and future titles will require a program like AS to get.

As for WOW...did you think they were going to give you their content for free?
It was put up as an alternative to people that do not have access to HBOMAX or MAX.
If you have access to either, you don't need WOW, but the program isn't designed just for you.
If you don't need it....don't use it.

By the way...I've been sick and grumpy...sorry if I came off as sarcastic or harsh....just try to remember
no one is going to like everything....I'll never use WOW, Rakuten, and probably not CWTV either.
One reason...I don't like logo's on the screen and all the CW site shows have logos. I have all the Amazon
versions that don't have logos.

Jimc115
That's ok, we all feel that way sometimes. I really dislike logos or watermarks as well.
I certainly don't expect to like all the platforms but with the exception of Peacock I do question some of the choices.
If you can't even download it what's the point? I have never even heard of Wow or Rakuten!
Thanks for the helpful explanations and tips.

Last edited:
Back