• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question CW Missing Data

The Librarians is a very popular and good movie, its probably been on a few different providers.

> This is a free provider and yes it would be an enormous job to add support for it. Sorry if this disappoints you.

Well, yeah it's disappointing. Maybe someday... 🌝

Thanks for at least looking into it.

There's definitely something going on, I clicked on like 50 titles on the main page and most of them only return an empty download menu, only a few had the "we're sorry, this tittle has an unsupported format" warning and less than 5 actually were available to download.

Let's take a look at Grimm S01E01 (https://www.cwtv.com/shows/grimm/). This video is encrypted and the manifest is MPD (https://stream-hls.cwtv.com/nosec/The_CW/994/893/182504518000/drm-1686874480992-shaka-wv-VTT-drm.mpd). AnyStream should be able to download it, but that's not the case.

For me, it seems that movies work just fine. It's the tv shows that show a blank..

For me, it seems that movies work just fine. It's the tv shows that show a blank..
I didn't pay attention if it were movies or not when I was randomly clicking on titles. Good observation. It seems the CW must of changed an endpoint or something. I did a bit more testing and the titles that show up completely empty (no unsupported format warning) are titles that AnyStream should be able to download.

That's so weird - I wonder how I was able to download The Librarians before.... Maybe from a different service, I guess. I'll have to look around and see.....
Librarians is (or at least very recently was) on Hulu so perhaps you're misremembering where you got it from. Another possibility is that CW changed the format for that show.

Another possibility is that CW changed the format for that show.
No. Librarians is encrypted with a dash mpd manifest with .m4s segments. See the mpd for S01E01: https://stream-hls.cwtv.com/nosec/The_CW/753/297/187619909828/drm-1689117156515-shaka-wv-VTT-drm.mpd - AnyStream should have no problem downloading this series.

Unsupported formats use a m3u8 manifest with .ts segments that are not encrypted, like Reign S01E01: https://stream-hls.cwtv.com/nosec/The_CW/61/585/127838789661/Reign-101-Pilot.m3u8

Yup, its on Freevee also, all the seasons. No problem. Have a great day. :thankyou:
I notice on Amazon US there are for the 1st season more episodes listed than the official 10 episodes, yet are unavailable. Apparently several episodes have an alternate broadcast version.

Time to pork out my bandwidth for a bit snagging season 1. 😉

i can also ask for help. m3u stuff gives me the message 'AS does not support, stuff that AS supports downloads just fine but like 70% of stuff i click on CW tab in AS spews a blank page and no message about not supporting the content. like totally blank. and no, it aint my proxy since i minimize AS, open browser and connect with the same proxy and i can download m3u stuff. so... any ideas?

i can also ask for help. m3u stuff gives me the message 'AS does not support, stuff that AS supports downloads just fine but like 70% of stuff i click on CW tab in AS spews a blank page and no message about not supporting the content. like totally blank. and no, it aint my proxy since i minimize AS, open browser and connect with the same proxy and i can download m3u stuff. so... any ideas?
Nothing you can do until it gets fixed in AnyStream.

Same thing here, but looks like it is limited to tv series (or at least every one I have tried to look at thus far), movies does not seem to be affected (again based on the 10-12 movies i clicked on to see if they were downloadable). I'm gonna try to grab older copies of anystream and see if it broke along the way or if it is something they changed on the site itself.
EDIT: Checked all the way back to 1.6.2 when they adapted to protocol changes, didn't want to try any further back as even if it did work you'd still be unable to download tv series. And I'm pretty sure it is a site change that isn't allowing AS to properly index the series seasons and thusly the episode list, therefore nothing shows up when you click on the show. Movies wouldn't be affected as they don't have seasons and would point straight to the video file. That's just my two-cents though. :-(

Last edited:
And I'm pretty sure it is a site change that isn't allowing AS to properly index the series seasons and thusly the episode list, therefore nothing shows up when you click on the show. Movies wouldn't be affected as they don't have seasons and would point straight to the video file. That's just my two-cents though. :-(
I think you're right on the money with this. They definitely made some site updates around the time AS started displaying this behavior - I know because I went to the site directly to see if I could still stream the content through a browser, and noticed the new branding/assets that had recently been deployed. So I wouldn't be surprised if something changed on the back end.

Sigh, another week, another new version to install, and still no change or response on this topic. I assume there's only about 3 of us grabbing anything from CW?

If it was trivial, I guess it would be solved immediately... seems it's not ... but tbh, I'd rather have Netflix back to 1080p first...

It seems to me that the issue has yet to be acknowledged. Sometimes that's the biggest hurdle.

I assume there's only about 3 of us grabbing anything from CW?
I don't download anything from CW, just got involved because there is a clear issue with AnyStream.

Last edited:
Back