• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question CW Missing Data

TheGrimKeeper

I'm unable to download anything via CW. The tab loads fine, but when I click on any movie or show the download window comes up blank, and the log indicates missing video data.

I had this problem about 6 months ago, and whitelisting AS in my AV software fixed it. Nothing has changed (same computer, same AV, and I've verified all the whitelists are still present), but I'm having this problem again. I appreciate any thoughts on how to fix it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Missing Data.PNG
    Missing Data.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyStream_1.8.3.0.astlog
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
Those films are not supported by AnyStream. There are plenty that are. Below is a copy of the changelog when it was added.

Changelog AnyStream

1.5.9.1 2023-08-06
  • Neu: Anbieter CWTV hinzugefügt (nur US)
  • Verbessert: Amazon: Unterstützung höherer Frameraten > 30fps (insb. Sport)
  • einige kleinere Änderungen
  • Sprachen aktualisiert

Note: A neat little provider was added: CWTV.
It requires no subscription, no payment, offers free-with-ads video.
The content is limited and is only available in the US.
Shortcomings: a few older shows/titles have a format, that AnyStream doesn't support (M3U/DVB-TS)
Enjoy!

if in AS you cant download a title from CW, that means its DRM free. so all you need to do is hop onto the CW website, and use Internet Download Manager (make sure the browser extension is working properly) to download both video and subtitles. ive snagged a tonne, but its not automatic. you need to go one by one and video files end up being in .ts format, but you just load them up in MKVToolnix and just hit 'start multiplexing' and it will spit out an .mkv file.

There's something bigger going on than "older formats aren't supported." I just checked, and a series that I previously downloaded (prior to this version) from The CW is now getting the same situation - selecting the series just brings up an empty box with an empty drop-down menu. (The Librarians, in case it matters.)

Streaming directly from their site, I see that their files for Lost Girl are .mp4 format, and yet I get an empty box on those as well. In this case, though, the empty box also has "We're Sorry, this title has an unsupported format" message at the bottom.

So, AnyStream no longer supports .mp4 formatted videos?

I tried a random selection of other titles showing on the CW tab of AnyStream; pretty much every single one is turning up an empty box or an empty box with the error message at the bottom occasionally.

There's something else going on here; I think there's a bigger problem that needs to be looked into.

There's something bigger going on than "older formats aren't supported." I just checked, and a series that I previously downloaded (prior to this version) from The CW is now getting the same situation - selecting the series just brings up an empty box with an empty drop-down menu. (The Librarians, in case it matters.)

Streaming directly from their site, I see that their files for Lost Girl are .mp4 format, and yet I get an empty box on those as well. In this case, though, the empty box also has "We're Sorry, this title has an unsupported format" message at the bottom.

So, AnyStream no longer supports .mp4 formatted videos?

I tried a random selection of other titles showing on the CW tab of AnyStream; pretty much every single one is turning up an empty box or an empty box with the error message at the bottom occasionally.

There's something else going on here; I think there's a bigger problem that needs to be looked into.
AnyStream doesn't support (M3U/DVB-TS), thats got nothing to do with .mp4. No bigger problem.

The "bigger problem" is that files that *should* be downloadable (and in a case I just checked, *were* downloadable prior) are now not downloading, and instead are giving a blank pop up window. As well as any number of random selections on the CW tab are all showing up with those symptoms now.....

The "bigger problem" is that files that *should* be downloadable (and in a case I just checked, *were* downloadable prior) are now not downloading, and instead are giving a blank pop up window.
Scroll down there are plenty of downloadable movies. This is not up for debate. It is what it is.

Ok, so you have no interest in fixing something that has broken (again, something that I ACTUALLY DOWNLOADED IN A PRIOR VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE is no longer downloadable, and I doubt they suddenly changed their format) recently, and don't want to talk about it. Got it. 🙁

Not looking at movies, looking at TV series. And there's a whole lot of them suddenly showing up with blank windows when selected. But you don't care, so ok. I'm so happy that I purchased the top-tier version of the software that won't be fixed when it breaks.

If you think you are having a bigger problem post a logfile and we will see what your issue is. If you need instructions on how to produce a logfile, I will give them to you.
Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Thank you all for your cooperation.:)

Last edited:
Ok, I told it to create a log file right after clicking on Lost Girls. This is one that opened an empty box with the error message.

Also, I had the log window open (from the File menu), and when I clicked on the title card for Lost Girl, it spewed a bunch of messages reading:

00:00:14.863 - [Warning] [cwtv] Missing information in video data

The number at the beginning changed a bit, but all the rest of the lines were identical. Those may show up in the log file, but I don't know since it's not a text file that I can see.

I'll submit another one shortly with a test from The Librarians series (which I had previously downloaded from The CW - I just tried again to look for symptoms. I'll do that in a separate message.

Attachments

78.3 KB · Views: 2
> I just edited my post with instructions.

Thanks, but I figured it out and posted just as you did the above. :)

Ok, here's the log file for The Librarians. Same spewing of the [Warning] messages as above in the open log window.

Attachments

78.2 KB · Views: 2
Exact same error as when you try to download an M3U8 video, I will look at your second logfile now.

00:00:14.854 - [Warning] [cwtv] Missing information in video data

Ok, I'll be eagerly awaiting that second one.

Out of curiosity, since what you're saying about most/a lot of CW's stuff being in that M3U8 video format, would it be that hard to add support for it so that people can still get stuff from there? 🤔

Ok, I'll be eagerly awaiting that second one.

Out of curiosity, since what you're saying about most/a lot of CW's stuff being in that M3U8 video format, would it be that hard to add support for it so that people can still get stuff from there? 🤔
This is a free provider and yes it would be an enormous job to add support for it. Sorry if this disappoints you.

That's so weird - I wonder how I was able to download The Librarians before.... Maybe from a different service, I guess. I'll have to look around and see.....

Back