• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

customer since 07

ZEN

I paid for lifetime membership from 2007 and i feel that everybody who had lifetime membership should have the 50% discount not just the unlucky people. Whoever paid for lifetime membership is unlucky . I paid for all three products anydvd, hd, clone and clone mobile. I feel like im getting duped. Also my clone dvd mobile requires redfox license i thought it dosent require it.

I paid for lifetime membership from 2007 and i feel that everybody who had lifetime membership should have the 50% discount not just the unlucky people. Whoever paid for lifetime membership is unlucky . I paid for all three products anydvd, hd, clone and clone mobile. I feel like im getting duped. Also my clone dvd mobile requires redfox license i thought it dosent require it.
I don't feel unlucky, I got my money's worth for the years I had it. Slysoft closing was the unlucky part. And no, you do NOT need to get a Redfox CloneDVDmobile license (if you have a valid Slysoft license) at this time. It has been explained in several places.

If you get three years out of an LTL, you "win" as opposed to going with an annual sub.
Considering the nature of this software, Slysoft had a good lifetime.
I hope Redfox does just as well - or better. I know they have safeguards in place to prevent a repeat. Time will tell, but I'm pretty confident.
-W

Last edited:
OK... After 3 posts defending the cancellation of the old lifetime licenses it seems it's on ME again to defend the OPs opinion :whistle:

We all know it's too late to do anything about it and everything happened as it happened now. But I still understand the opinion of the thread starter.

1. At some point in time many people bought an AnyDVD(-HD) Lifetime License. That usually means that the licenses are honored as long as the product exists, not depending on whether the original company still exists, if the software has been sold to another company or whatever. The buyer purchased an AnyDVD license - not a SlySoft license. And AnyDVD is still being developped - even by the same people, mainly. So the lifetime of AnyDVD is not over yet, and theoretically the old licenses should have been honored.

2. When the new pricing model was being developped the old LTL users were told that they'd get a compensation for being a longtime customer when buying a new license. However, that didn't happen. Everybody got the same 20% each new customer got. I know why it was done that way - having read that for some reason not every old license could be traced back to the customers (which is strange enough). But still, it's a general 20% sale and no compensation for old license owners.

3. In the past the pricing model was already changed a few times - once telling the users that there wouldn't be any more lifetime licenses available in the future because they couldn't generate the needed income. Users were told to buy a lifetime license quickly if they still wanted one. Many did. The lifetime licenses were kept nonetheless. So they don't seem to be such a bad business.

After SlySoft went down it was again stated that there couldn't be any more lifetime licenses because they couldn't generate the needed income and nobody could live from that money. In my opinion that wasn't true because there are more new customers growing up, getting to know and buying AnyDVD each day. The board was actually full of people wanting to know when and how to spend their money on a new license. Now there are the lifetime licenses again - which I'm glad about and totally agree with! But I wonder why the old LTLs couldn't be honored while new ones are being sold.

So just to be the person to beat up again, I'm still agreeing with the OP regarding his point ;)

didnt ivan state that you can contact him via pm and receive 50% off?

what do you want? 100%+ off?

OK... After 3 posts defending the cancellation of the old lifetime licenses it seems it's on ME again to defend the OPs opinion :whistle:

We all know it's too late to do anything about it and everything happened as it happened now. But I still understand the opinion of the thread starter.
Everyone is free to voice their opinion but not make a opinion fact that isn't a fact.

1. At some point in time many people bought an AnyDVD(-HD) Lifetime License. That usually means that the licenses are honored as long as the product exists, not depending on whether the original company still exists, if the software has been sold to another company or whatever. The buyer purchased an AnyDVD license - not a SlySoft license. And AnyDVD is still being developped - even by the same people, mainly. So the lifetime of AnyDVD is not over yet, and theoretically the old licenses should have been honored.
Wrong on so many levels...if one fails to read the posted Stickies then the lost is yours.

2. When the new pricing model was being developped the old LTL users were told that they'd get a compensation for being a longtime customer when buying a new license. However, that didn't happen. Everybody got the same 20% each new customer got. I know why it was done that way - having read that for some reason not every old license could be traced back to the customers (which is strange enough). But still, it's a general 20% sale and no compensation for old license owners.
Consider yourself lucky they gave any kinda discount. Your thinking you get freebie - need to get a reality check here. Business 101 cost money.

3. In the past the pricing model was already changed a few times - once telling the users that there wouldn't be any more lifetime licenses available in the future because they couldn't generate the needed income. Users were told to buy a lifetime license quickly if they still wanted one. Many did. The lifetime licenses were kept nonetheless. So they don't seem to be such a bad business.
Slysoft(dead) isn't RedFox so grabbing for straws shows one misinformation they are trying to do misinformation again.

After SlySoft went down it was again stated that there couldn't be any more lifetime licenses because they couldn't generate the needed income and nobody could live from that money. In my opinion that wasn't true because there are more new customers growing up, getting to know and buying AnyDVD each day. The board was actually full of people wanting to know when and how to spend their money on a new license. Now there are the lifetime licenses again - which I'm glad about and totally agree with! But I wonder why the old LTLs couldn't be honored while new ones are being sold.
Again more misinformation and blind leading the blind. Read the STICKIES....

So just to be the person to beat up again, I'm still agreeing with the OP regarding his point ;)
No your giving more misleading information in hopes that you will get something for something - you didn't pay for.

Everyone is free to voice their opinion but not make a opinion fact that isn't a fact.

Wrong on so many levels...if one fails to read the posted Stickies then the lost is yours.

Consider yourself lucky they gave any kinda discount. Your thinking you get freebie - need to get a reality check here. Business 101 cost money.

Slysoft(dead) isn't RedFox so grabbing for straws shows one misinformation they are trying to do misinformation again.

No your giving more misleading information in hopes that you will get something for something - you didn't pay for.
Didn't pay for? we paid for a lifetime subscription and looks like to me it's the same software but just a front to get money again, just a name change of the company, but that's ok it's business 101...I bet this happeds again in the future

Last edited:
Didn't pay for? we paid for a lifetime subscription and looks like to me it's the same software but just a front to get money again, just a name change of the company, but that's ok it's business 101...I bet this happeds again in the future
Another troll not listening to Facts and trying to make misleading facts and misinformation again.

didnt ivan state that you can contact him via pm and receive 50% off?

what do you want? 100%+ off?

I DID ASK FOR A .50 DISCOUNT AS STATED IN THE REDFOX WEBSITE, AND JUST GOT MY REPLY.....20%.....ARE THEY TAUNTING US WHEN
THEY ASK US "if we ask nicely for a .50 discount .....?"

I DID ASK FOR A .50 DISCOUNT AS STATED IN THE REDFOX WEBSITE, AND JUST GOT MY REPLY.....20%.....ARE THEY TAUNTING US WHEN
Read the Stickies for the 50% discount if one doesn't - failure to read isn't anyone fault besides the those not reading.

Another troll not listening to Facts and trying to make misleading facts and misinformation again.

Though I completely agree with Recycle, I ask that we all try to keep calm and be respectful. This topic has been discussed to death over the last three months but people are still angry, I get it, however I wish they'd turn their anger towards those who are really to blame; the organizations that put so much pressure on Slysoft's owner that he was forced to shut down operations, disrupting the status quo of free updates for LTL owners. That's fact, end of story. As I've said before, I'm just glad the devs took up the cause and are continuing to develop AnyDVD; they could have moved on but didn't. So we should be thanking them rather than condemning them.

Zen, this is not a cash grab. I encourage you to read past posts from long-time forum members, the mods, and devs for the facts regarding what the devs need to keep the doors open and the project under continued development. If you don't trust or believe what's happened, that's your decision. You still have 7.6.9.5 and can look at potential other alternatives, that's also business 101 in a free-market economy. But making erroneous statements won't benefit anyone.

If Redfox were to honor slysoft licences they wouldn't get the cash boost from all the previously lifetime members re-buying, and wouldn't be able to stay in business.

So it's either this or nothing. I'll take this.

If Redfox were to honor slysoft licences they wouldn't get the cash boost from all the previously lifetime members re-buying, and wouldn't be able to stay in business.

So it's either this or nothing. I'll take this.

Thank you for being one of the people who actually understands this and the reasoning. Many people simply fail to grasp this very important fact.

Where does it say " If you ask nicely you can have a .50 discount, thats only .50cents, 20% is way more than that.

Well, I can only give that back. I read all the stickies there are and hundreds of posts that were posted in the according threads within the last months. Just assuming I didn't read something and saying "That's wrong on so many levels" while I'm unable to find a false information in the paragraphs you mentioned just does what you call "Making an opinion a fact". If you think my statements are incorrect, don't just say "That's misinformation - Read the stickies". Assume that I read the stickies and nonetheless don't agree with some points mentioned in there because these stickies only contain opinions and "created" facts themselves. For example, if someone says a lifetime license for a product is naturally cancelled just because the original company is gone, then it may be contained in a stickie, but that's wrong information nonetheless. It's a huge difference if you got a company-license or a product-license. The product license lives on as long as the product does. And AnyDVDHD is still being developped. So just don't say I'm giving wrong information. Please be so kind and tell us what statements exactly are wrong. And maybe not just your opinion that it shouldn't be that way and you don't like it, but maybe a little bit more objectively without getting rude and just using personal attacks instead of reason? Whenever I don't agree with anything, I'm giving reasons for why I think so. That's necessary for a discussion. So if you found wrong information, please tell me what exactly it is, so I'm able to check again and maybe change my view. Just saying "What you say is wrong!" and "inventing" facts like people wanting to get something for free, then on the other hand accusing ME of doing so, gets nobody anywhere.

P.S.:
I've already bought my new Redfox license for AnyDVD. And although I haven't used CloneCD for some years now, and although I've never used CloneDVDmobile yet, I bought licenses for those programs as well, just to show my support. So accusing me of wanting to get a freebie is just plain nonsense. I like the product and hope it will survive as long as possible. However, I still would have done things differently and don't agree with some decisions that were made, and I can understand if other people got their doubts about this whole procedure. So buying the software AGAIN and supporting the guys behind it doesn't have to mean I agree with everything, and I don't know why I shouldn't be allowed to voice my opinion and state my reasons for why I think so, as long as I don't get rude and don't insult anyone. If a promise is made that for some reasons isn't or can't be honored, it's still OK to question that, while some people seem to militantly defend each and every decision made. The worst way to justify EVERYTHING is to say "Just be happy that you are allowed to give away your money and get something for it".

Last edited:
Seems my first purchase was as early as 2007. I had crashes and lost everything so I think I made purchases 2 or 3+ times. Clone and then AnyDVD. I never understood any of it, not withstanding my EE Degree. I'm sure I got more than my money's worth. My problem NOW: I can't make sense out of what is going on. I would like to purchase, if I can afford it, what it takes to get back to where I was before the April "SURPRISE UPDATE" . I would love to know which Court all of this was litigated in ?? Please help me get back what I had ! ! ! For what I paid before !!

Go to the main website and click the 'purchase' button go through the process and you're back up and running with v8 and above. Pricing can be found on the sticky on top of this section of the purchase page. As far as the courts, the USA/Antiguan courts naturally. The only product right now that requires a redfox license is anydvd. CloneDVD/CloneBD are unaffected, those are elby products. There are currently no plans for either CloneDVD mobile or CloneCD requiring a redfox license.

After over 10 years for me. I for one believe I have gotten one hell of a bang for my buck on my LTL. I cannot say having to purchase a new LTL makes my quite happy, but the value of the working product is huge. So I made my purchase and will will continue to live on with RedFox.....

After over 10 years for me. I for one believe I have gotten one hell of a bang for my buck on my LTL. I cannot say having to purchase a new LTL makes my quite happy, but the value of the working product is huge. So I made my purchase and will will continue to live on with RedFox.....
Thank you and welcome to the Project.

Back