• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Country code locked disc

Hi there slysoft, I'm just dropping by with some examples of the code needing to altered by Anydvd hd when ripping these Blu-rays that is and has been left behind when doing so.
these country codes are janking stuff up for people outside of the US/Canada when mounting said Blu-ray to their players.

Most Blu-ray titles of this category have been affected by this since 2011 till now changing player settings is not a fix but attachments are.

Originals are code left by Anydvd hd as is, FIXED are the ones that have been altered manually to remove this problem.

Thanks, this was helpful.
Is it correct, that currently such discs only check for US country code? So a quick hack check box "force US country code" would be enough? Or do you need to edit the country code to any value, e.g. Japan?

Thanks, this was helpful.
Is it correct, that currently such discs only check for US country code? So a quick hack check box "force US country code" would be enough? Or do you need to edit the country code to any value, e.g. Japan?

From what I can see (could be wrong) out of the 3 discs posted, one checks the player country code against the Japan (19024) country code, if it matches it won't play.
The other two check the player country code against both the Canada (17217) and United States (21843) country code, if it matches either one it plays, if not it won't.

So a "force US country code" would be enough as it would pass both checks, but being able to change/edit the country code could be a good idea if any other countries try and prohibit playback in this way.

Last edited:
So a "force US country code" would be enough as it would pass both checks, but being able to change/edit the country code could be a good idea if any other countries try and prohibit playback in this way.

True, but

1.) I need space in AnyDVD's UI

2.) Experience with DVDs show, that only US studios are known for doing such stunts. Look at AnyDVD's DVD region setting. Completely useless, leaving it fixed to "1" would be enough, as the only RCE discs came from the US.

3.) I don't want to spend much time adding this feature, and I can't test it, as I don't have one disc which requires it.

True, but

1.) I need space in AnyDVD's UI

2.) Experience with DVDs show, that only US studios are known for doing such stunts. Look at AnyDVD's DVD region setting. Completely useless, leaving it fixed to "1" would be enough, as the only RCE discs came from the US.

3.) I don't want to spend much time adding this feature, and I can't test it, as I don't have one disc which requires it.

You could just add the "force US country code" option for now (if it worked) and then just revisit other options if other countries try the same thing in the future, which as you said is highly unlikely :)

I don't think this is a battle that the disc authors should win. The whole point of AnyDVD HD is to use the media that we purchase the way we want to use it. Isn't that why you put the option to remove region codes into your software to begin with? Someone should be able to buy a disc from any country that they want and use this tool to make that purchase accessible to them. I'm talking about protecting our rights as consumers and I thought that's what AnyDVD was about also! Although I suppose it's easy to just rest on your laurels when you've sold tens and tens of thousands of copies of the software and received $100 or more from each of those people. If a certain segment of those people are left out it's not really that big of a deal in the scheme of things I suppose. Geolocking is a issue that needs to be addressed and not ignored. I'm surprised slysoft would even entertain the notion of being defeated. You have the brains, the money and tons of supportive customers with lifetime subscriptions to your amazing software. Make us proud. I know you could easily circumvent this. Otherwise you might as well just remove the region code option and free up some more UI space.

I don't think this is a battle that the disc authors should win. The whole point of AnyDVD HD is to use the media that we purchase the way we want to use it. Isn't that why you put the option to remove region codes into your software to begin with? Someone should be able to buy a disc from any country that they want and use this tool to make that purchase accessible to them. I'm talking about protecting our rights as consumers and I thought that's what AnyDVD was about also! Although I suppose it's easy to just rest on your laurels when you've sold tens and tens of thousands of copies of the software and received $100 or more from each of those people. If a certain segment of those people are left out it's not really that big of a deal in the scheme of things I suppose. Geolocking is a issue that needs to be addressed and not ignored. I'm surprised slysoft would even entertain the notion of being defeated. You have the brains, the money and tons of supportive customers with lifetime subscriptions to your amazing software. Make us proud. I know you could easily circumvent this. Otherwise you might as well just remove the region code option and free up some more UI space.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, but we will address this problem.
If you want, you can try the undocumented registry value "bdCountryCode". (Exit AnyDVD, before you change it). Use AnyDVD 7.5.8.7 (or better).

If you want, you can try the undocumented registry value "bdCountryCode". (Exit AnyDVD, before you change it). Use AnyDVD 7.5.8.7 (or better).
Does it need to be set to any specific value (i.e., the U.S. value mentioned earlier in the thread) and/or format?

Is there any way to work around this problem in the meantime? I was looking forward to watching Patlabor: The New Files but I'm completely locked out.

I'm using TMT6, and tried altering all settings to the USA, without any success.

View attachment 26466

Yes. See my post above. Change bdCountryCode to the US code (21843?). Let me know, if it works.

EDIT: Any reason, why you have set it to 137283?

EDIT2: Oh, this is 21843 hex. This won't work. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying how to use the bdCountryCode registry setting, changing the bdCountryCode to a decimal value of 21843 worked.

Thanks for clarifying how to use the bdCountryCode registry setting, changing the bdCountryCode to a decimal value of 21843 worked.

Great to see this working. Nice job James/Slysoft :clap:

So one time it's decimal, but another time it's hex? :confused:

No. Instead of FFFFFFFF (Hex) you can also enter 4294967295 (decimal), if you find that easier to remember ;)

Is this "fix" going into one of the future stable versions or should I just change the registry and leave it set to the U.S code?

Blu-Ray Region Codes and Country Codes

The problem of Blu-ray software players being locked to a certain Region after the 5th Region change can be solved: :)

Unlike DVD Region codes, Blu-ray Region codes are NOT stored to hardware or Windows, but to the registry and/or a file of the player software.

This means values and/or files can be edited and/or deleted. :)

On the Internet, there are hacks to reset the Region counters of software players available.

So why not add a "Reset Blu-ray Region Counter option" to AnyDVD? :)

By the way, is there a list of all country codes available? If so, SlySoft could add this list to the AnyDVD documentation, and the users could enter the country code manually, so not a big field to select it, but only a small field to enter it would be required (James wrote he needed space in AnyDVD's UI). :)

Last edited:
This fix is IN the latest anydvd release

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Are there any plans to add an option to circumvent BD country codes other than US?
Enclosed you will find a list of BD country codes I found on the Internet.
Thank you in advance :) .

Attachments

• BDCC.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 15
Are there any plans to add an option to circumvent BD country codes other than US?

There is no reason to circumvent any other country codes. As far as I know only specific US Anime discs try to enforce the country code in this way.

Back