• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy Detected Message - Expendables 2 BD

Maybe I am a little out of date here, but since when did AnyDVD care about playlists?

I always do a straight backup to a video folder and worry about everything else later.

If you cannot do that, it's usually not AnyDVD's fault.

The Java menus are the biggest challenge. That's why Slysoft came up with the Speedmenus option (thank you, Slysoft). Always review the JAVA driven menu disks before you burn them to a BD-R :)

Last edited:
Maybe I am a little out of date here, but since when did AnyDVD care about playlists?

I always do a straight backup to a video folder and worry about everything else later.

If you cannot do that, it's not AnyDVD's fault. :)
It's an issue with Screen Pass-protected discs. One of Screen Pass' elements is a variety of bogus playlists, usually slightly longer than the actual movie (to throw off movie-only riptools like Clown_BD that default to the longest playlist), that play the movie's M2TS files in the wrong order and/or insert the "copyright protected" error message. When this happens, AnyDVD HD's status window inserts a line advising which playlist(s) are valid; select one of those in your movie-only riptool. (Note that playlists are zero-padded to 5 digits with a .mpls extension; if AnyDVD HD shows playlist 684, you're looking for a file named 00684.mpls.)

In a few (hopefully dwindling) cases, your movie-only riptool may not display any of the valid playlist(s) in AnyDVD HD's status window. If so, use BDInfo to look at the time & contents of all your playlists; select that playlist that both (a) is visible in your riptool and (b) has the exact same time & contents as the one AnyDVD HD says is valid.

RBBrittian, this is all new to me as far as AnyDVD handling playlists goes. I use AnyDVDHD to do a complete rip without any filtering or associated rip tools for the initial archive. The only thing AnyDVDHD is set to remove protections and disable BD live.

The Java Menus are a continuing challenge, though, and check those problems. If there is a problem with the original menu I use Speedmenus or just do a movie only backup. ;)

PS. I did a lot of heavy editing with this title and deleted everything that was less than about a second long. This notification that other posters have mentioned may be among my edits and I didn't notice it. But I dont think even think that is a problem, because this title plays fine for me including the Java menus (most likely recently fixed by the slysoft team) ;)

Last edited:
RBBrittian, this is all new to me as far as AnyDVD handling playlists goes. I use AnyDVDHD to do a complete rip without any filtering or associated rip tools for the initial archive. The only thing AnyDVDHD is set to remove protections and disable BD live.

The Java Menus are a continuing challenge, though, and check those problems. If there is a problem with the original menu I use Speedmenus or just do a movie only backup. ;)

PS. I did a lot of heavy editing with this title and deleted everything that was less than about a second long. This notification that other posters have mentioned may be among my edits and I didn't notice it. But I dont think even think that is a problem, because this title plays fine for me ;)
First, the playlist detection message is in your status window; it's only needed for Screen Pass discs. More importantly, though, Speedmenu is an effective workaround for most Screen Pass discs because the playlists AnyDVD HD detects as valid are automatically built into the Speedmenu, thus bypassing both main components of Screen Pass (BD-Java app and playlist obfuscation). Screen Pass updates are generally limited to (a) changing the BD-Java tweaks for those who want factory menus and (b) occasionally fixing errors in valid playlist detection.

RBB, yes I do remember seeing a "playlist determined" kind of message recently. But don't remember that it was selectable. is there some kind of control with that?

Not that it was problem for me so far, but am curious now. ;)

RBB, yes I do remember seeing a "playlist determined" kind of message recently. But don't remember that it was selectable. is there some kind of control with that?

Not that it was problem for me so far, but am curious now. ;)
The message is in your status window, but it tells you what playlist to select in your riptool. However, that's probably unnecessary now for BD Rebuilder; I understand its latest beta will read the good playlist from the disc.ini file AnyDVD HD now leaves on decrypted discs.

When this happens, AnyDVD HD's status window inserts a line advising which playlist(s) are valid; select one of those in your movie-only riptool. (Note that playlists are zero-padded to 5 digits with a .mpls extension; if AnyDVD HD shows playlist 684, you're looking for a file named 00684.mpls.)

I had the same notification issue as others with this disc and this thread had the answer. First time I've come across this java playlist thing. Handbrake has always been able to select the correct one. I've used AnyDVD since 2006 and this is the first time I've looked at the status window. In my case the status window listed "Java BD protection good playlists: 826".

Thanks for the help!

The message is in your status window, but it tells you what playlist to select in your riptool. However, that's probably unnecessary now for BD Rebuilder; I understand its latest beta will read the good playlist from the disc.ini file AnyDVD HD now leaves on decrypted discs.

Thanks for the info, I get it now. I just tried to re-encode this title (iusing BDRebuilder) to a movie only BD 8.5GB from the full backup copy and it lost audio synch after the first video stream in the playlist and the audio desynch got worse until the end of the movie.

I then did a movie only backup with BDRebuilder with no compression (ie set the target size to 64000MB, all streams included intact and combined into a single m2ts file) and it was much better but still a small loss in audio synch by the end of the movie.

Anyone else had that problem? Playlist 684 worked for me too, as far as playlist order. TIA :)

PS: BDRebuilder was defaulting to playlist 50 for my disk, that could work too, but don't know that and wouldn't try it since 684 is known to work. (BDRB V0.42.04)

PPS: A full backup of this title and re-encode to fit on a 25GB disk including the original menus with bookmarking feature and individual stream files, and less the trailers (and several other unnecessary video streams I blanked) worked fine with BDRebuilder. No audio synch problems and the copy plays perfectly. I just have not been able to get good results with audio synch and combining into a single m2ts file movie only format yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info in this interesting thread.

Would you recommend I enable Speedmenu for all my BD rips for encoding with Handbrake?

Sounds like this might be a good way to get around some of the playlist issues referenced in this discussion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for all the info in this interesting thread.

Would you recommend I enable Speedmenu for all my BD rips for encoding with Handbrake?

Sounds like this might be a good way to get around some of the playlist issues referenced in this discussion.

Thanks,
Kevin
1.) I would recommend to always enable speedmenu, as it now can preserve the original menu. It is a great feature.
2.) You can use Handbrake right from the original disc, so there is no need to "rip for encoding".
3.) If you rip, you'll get a file "disc.inf" with the good playlists. The file will magically appear on your original disc, too.

Attached is the message that shows during the playback.

However Re: the playlist reply from Yraen - that was indeed the "issue".

Using that playlist for encoding removed the playback messages.

So apologize for post; totally missed that playlist entry in the Slysoft status window. :bang: Thanks!

They have the arrogant attitude to refer to you as a "customer" and then accuse you of being dishonest. Talk about ironic.

I just received this black screen for the first time myself and as well have never seen it before. I couldn't even rip the disc before updating to the latest AnyDVD HD.

My process is to rip the disc using the Disc Image Copier to make a full ISO. I then rip it once for my iPad, once for a Popcorn Hour, once for my phone. That's why I rip to a full ISO so I can leave Handbrake cranking away at it and shut my system down when complete.

If I ripped the ISO, do I need to rip it again, or merely inform Handbrake which is the correct playlist to rip? I see no status window using the Disc Image Copy tool, it's literally like a couple checkboxes and a rip button.

On my disc playlist 00609.mpls is the correct one unlike what it's reported here 00684.mpls this one on my end missing the scene were Arnold saying "I need a big weapon" I may have a diffrent disc but sure is region A.

On my disc playlist 00609.mpls is the correct one unlike what it's reported here 00684.mpls this one on my end missing the scene were Arnold saying "I need a big weapon" I may have a diffrent disc but sure is region A.

Yes, you sure have a different disc and if you take a look at the AnyDVD status window, you'll see that AnyDVD is actually telling you that the correct playlist is 609.

Better still, please post an AnyDVD LOG file from the original disk.

I will ask my friend to make a log, He did the backup not me.

Well, he's getting you to do his dirty work for him then because if it's his disk and he did the backup, he is the only one that should have any copies of that disk.

Yes, you sure have a different disc and if you take a look at the AnyDVD status window, you'll see that AnyDVD is actually telling you that the correct playlist is 609.

I thought that delisam34's question was resolved with Peer's comment.
Expendables 2 continues to be a tricky one. :)

Always nice to have the logs and should always accompany a question when possible, though.

Last edited:
Download bdedit and run mpls 00684.mpls

I was able to successfully rip the Expendables 2 BD (U.S.) to Harddisk via AnyDVD HD (originally running 7.1.1.0) with no errors or issues. However during the playback (after encoding) i receive the message "Dear customer, the disk you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restriictions", etc. The message stays on the screen for a few minutes of playback and the movie comes back. This happens at certain points throughout playback.

I noticed the thread re: Expendables 2 DVD but it was related to ripping. But I upgraded to the beta 7.1.1.2 and re-ripped. However the playback message still appears. I have attached the log and JAR files.

Thanks.
Ok download bdedit and select bdmv folder and run the default playlist 00684 mpls file. In plays 00505 then 04321 clip. The 04321 is a trick in the mpls playlist files that plays a prerecorded clip saying copyright blahblah blah. You need to go through each playlist to find the right order. there are aprox 89 mpls playlist routines. How you find these is use AVCHD to find playlists. To find lenght of movie load movie and look at length. Hope this helps. Stupid companies using this trick to fool those who want to put a copy of the movie into their computer. Bedtime stories had the same crap.

There should be absolutely 0 need to go through the playlists manually. Anydvd should list the correct ones in the status window

Back