• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy Detected Message - Expendables 2 BD

burbasr

I was able to successfully rip the Expendables 2 BD (U.S.) to Harddisk via AnyDVD HD (originally running 7.1.1.0) with no errors or issues. However during the playback (after encoding) i receive the message "Dear customer, the disk you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restriictions", etc. The message stays on the screen for a few minutes of playback and the movie comes back. This happens at certain points throughout playback.

I noticed the thread re: Expendables 2 DVD but it was related to ripping. But I upgraded to the beta 7.1.1.2 and re-ripped. However the playback message still appears. I have attached the log and JAR files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.1.2_Info_E_EXPENDABLES_2.zip
    382 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit premature at this point to conclude it was Cinavia, and not a Java rip detect that does in fact need patched. The user needs to post the EXACT contents of the message. A photo or screen capture is also extremely helpful.

Attached is the message that shows during the playback.

However Re: the playlist reply from Yraen - that was indeed the "issue".

Using that playlist for encoding removed the playback messages.

So apologize for post; totally missed that playlist entry in the Slysoft status window. :bang: Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 161
@burbasr

Please wait for a DEV to reply to your post. I have removed the JAR attachment from the public forum. To double check, you did disable AnyDVD before saving the JAR right? If not, then please upload to upload.slysoft.com and post the reference here.

Re-read his reply; I believe his issue was already fixed... he missed the correct playlist in the status window.

Indeed everything is resolved on my end. But I uploaded the JARs anyway (with AnyDVD disabled). the upload ID is: 50accd9fac29e

Thanks.

Attached is the message that shows during the playback.

However Re: the playlist reply from Yraen - that was indeed the "issue".

Using that playlist for encoding removed the playback messages.

So apologize for post; totally missed that playlist entry in the Slysoft status window. :bang: Thanks!

I ran into this same issue -- so what exactly was the solution? I couldn't parse this from this thread.

The status in my log also shows playlist 684.

Thanks,
K

I ran into this same issue -- so what exactly was the solution? I couldn't parse this from this thread.

The status in my log also shows playlist 684.

Obviously you have a different problem.
burbasr had the issue, because he didn't use the playlist #684.

So explain: what EXACTLY did you do and what was the result?

Obviously you have a different problem.
burbasr had the issue, because he didn't use the playlist #684.

So explain: what EXACTLY did you do and what was the result?

I ripped the Expendables 2 BD using AnyDVD 7.1.1.0 and encoded the main title with Handbrake (MPLS 00118 - length 1:43:42). End result was that the movie had that ""Dear customer, the disk you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restrictions", etc. mentioned at the start of this thread at around the 19 minute mark and persisted for about a minute.

Also found that many scenes were in the wrong order as if the M2TS files in the MPLS playlist 00118 were reordered.

This is the only issue I have ever run into with AnyDVD. Must be a fluke with the copy protection on this BD?

Kevin

I ripped the Expendables 2 BD using AnyDVD 7.1.1.0 and encoded the main title with Handbrake (MPLS 00118 - length 1:43:42). End result was that the movie had that ""Dear customer, the disk you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restrictions", etc. mentioned at the start of this thread at around the 19 minute mark and persisted for about a minute.

Also found that many scenes were in the wrong order as if the M2TS files in the MPLS playlist 00118 were reordered.

This is the only issue I have ever run into with AnyDVD. Must be a fluke with the copy protection on this BD?

Well, you said it yourself: AnyDVD told you that the correct playlist is 684.
Had you encoded that one, everything would have been ok ;)

Rule #1: always listen to what AnyDVD has to say...

Well, you said it yourself: AnyDVD told you that the correct playlist is 684.
Had you encoded that one, everything would have been ok ;)

Rule #1: always listen to what AnyDVD has to say...

Ahh I see, I had no idea that's what the status window was telling me.

Thanks for the useful info.

In general, what is best way to determine which is the correct playlist to encode on BD?

Kevin

Last edited:
Expendables 2 has new protections and was the reason I finally had to update my expired AnyDVDHD license (thanks Slysoft ;)). But after that, it worked fine. Did a full back up with no problems on playback playlist issues.

My symptom, before renewing the AnyDVDHD version, was that AnyDVD would just scan it forever (i.e AnyDVD would access the disk and then just go into an infinite loop with "scanning disk" progress bar, but the actual disk access would stop in the first few seconds).

Using the latest AnyDVD version from a few days ago, I didn't have any of the playlist problems mentioned by other posters regarding this title.
I'm in Region A, though not sure what the original disk is, but it's either Region A or Region free.

PS I thought I would comment on my experience with this title since it is a recently "fixed" title and a lot of threads. It worked fine for me with 7.1.1.2.

PPS: I also used BDRebuilder to do a full re-encode to 25GB with no playlist problems. ie a full backup with menus and extras (edit. the 'extras' on my version where trailers and I did blank them to save space, but still kept the full menu and book marking options with no problem).

I recently had a disk that had a couple of scrambled video streams that had to be blanked out using the hidden BDRebuilder edit mode, before BDRebuilder would work. BDRebuilder would crash when it tried to re-encode them. I'm not sure if it was this title, but could be a new way to frustrate full re-encodes. The streams were only a few 100 MBytes each and it's a pain to find them using BDRebuilder. You have to preview every stream to find the corrupted ones.

Also, if you happen to have even a few dozen corrupted frames in a backup copy, it can desynch the audio for the rest of the movie following the corrupted frames after re-encoding with BDRebuilder. I always check the audio synch from beginning to end after re-encoding before I burn to a BD-R.

I'm optimistic that Slyce will improve the whole re-authoring experience and look forward to it's release ;)

Last edited:
I think the playlist options only come up of the disc has the Sony protection. Try posting a screen from this movie rather than a completely different one.

Back