• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Continued use of anydvd if slysoft is shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using AnyDVD iilegally in their countries? Where did you get your facts here? That is alot of grabbing for straws aren't we.

alot of trying to make links that didn't make the links here....

They started this long time ago your a little late to the party.....
I'm not referring to just the final act of shutting down Slysoft. I'm referring to their pursuit of this company and others like it that has lasted for years.

At the end of the day, in the US at least, dollar stores still have DVD bins that are running over with product---some of which is backed up on AnyDVD users' servers. I don't expect those bins to become any less full, going forward or for them to suddenly be able to charge $5 per DVD for those titles.

Hi, I'm new to this site as far as posting goes, simply because I've never had a problem with AnyDVD or CloneDVD, both of which have worked perfectly for me.

Incidentally I have always used them together on a Windows machine running VMs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD installed inside them.

In that way AnyDVD ran in the background while CloneDVD copied the discs I wanted.

As far as using them for continued copying of DVDs I have just created a VM with AnyDVD inside it and activated it with my key and it works perfectly with no internet connection at all.

So it looks as though AnyDVD will continue to work with no problems on DVDs and with no internet connections necessary.

In fact that is the way I copy all my DVDs and have never needed a connection.

Last edited:
See this: http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-developer-anydvd-will-continue-to-work-78688/

In summary, it says:

AnyDVD (HD) uses a so called “Online Protection Database” (OPD) that contains information about discs that helps the software to remove the copy protection from them. Now Slysoft has closed down, the OPD can be taken offline any moment. Nevertheless, without the OPD the software is able to continue to work. Below an overview posted by the Slysoft developer on what will work and what won’t.

• DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
  • HD-DVDs: All work.
  • Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.
  • Blu-ray cinavia: Will continue to work with current players & software.
[/Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.QUOTE]

Do you start anydvd hd; and then look in your browser cache?? Where is the cache located that can be copied/stored?? At this point I don't have any recent disks; just trying to get it all squared away; while one still can...

I have used AnyDVD several times in the last 12 hours to decrypt DVDs, and each time it has reported success in using the online database when AnyDVD had to access the database.

The last time was less than 2 hours ago.

West Coast US.
Online database? Please explain

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I expect it will stop connecting in the near future, it would be strange if they continued to maintain the server/database if they had shut down.

I highly doubt Microsoft will do anything about it though, so if you have the installer and key it will probably continue working for all currently working discs. I guess on the first new unsupported BD I come across I'll have to switch out the fox for the monkey.
Monkey?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Blue monkey :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Guess everyone will be heading to DVDFab now. I received a copy of their Passkey in a giveaway several months ago with lifetime updates. AnyDvd kept telling me to uninstall so I never used it. After hearing of the shutdown I installed Passkey to try it out. Ripped a Disc that I never could with AnyDvd, everyone said it was a bad disc. Passkey ripped it with no problem, DVD Rebuilder did the rest. Always alternatives.:)

Guess everyone will be heading to DVDFab now. I received a copy of their Passkey in a giveaway several months ago with lifetime updates. AnyDvd kept telling me to uninstall so I never used it. After hearing of the shutdown I installed Passkey to try it out. Ripped a Disc that I never could with AnyDvd, everyone said it was a bad disc. Passkey ripped it with no problem, DVD Rebuilder did the rest. Always alternatives.:)
What disc, show me the thread. You can find all your posts in in your Profile. I want to know what disc it was. Thank you.

Could have had more, a lot of 'dead' accounts were pruned when the forum software got migrated.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back