• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Continued use of anydvd if slysoft is shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyboy99

Given the recent website issue and uncertain future of slysoft I wondered where we all stand on our usage of the products we paid for. I think it is shocking this great company is being targeted and that we should also suffer when all the majority want to do is backup/rip our own media for our own private use.

My question is, is usage of anydvd and clone DVD reliant on slysoft servers being up and running? I worry functions may just stop working on the software at some point. Obviously I have the setup files and keys backed up. But could there be a chance Microsoft throws some nasty update down the pipe at some point to cripple anydvd? They did the same with older games by blocking securom and safedisc so it worries me that they may do the same here

Cheers, Wayne

I have used AnyDVD several times in the last 12 hours to decrypt DVDs, and each time it has reported success in using the online database when AnyDVD had to access the database.

The last time was less than 2 hours ago.

West Coast US.

Ok thank you. I guess my greater concern is MS pushing an update out at some point which blocks the software running properly in the OS. I wouldn't put it past them!

I expect it will stop connecting in the near future, it would be strange if they continued to maintain the server/database if they had shut down.

I highly doubt Microsoft will do anything about it though, so if you have the installer and key it will probably continue working for all currently working discs. I guess on the first new unsupported BD I come across I'll have to switch out the fox for the monkey.

Yeah I hope it carries on working. But even if we have the installer and key, I wonder what happens should there be a need to re install any DVD? Is there some kind of online validation with the key or is that done at software level? I can't imagine the servers in Antigua being maintained. So I worry that in the event of a computer problem requiring something like an OS reinstall that I wouldn't then be able to get anydvd going again.

I don't think there's any online validation. I'm not 100% certain but I seem to recall installing it on a laptop while offline (running the installation, then double-clicking the key file to register) so as long as you don't lose those two files you should be good.

Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
Hopefully, a copy of the OPD or a final version with all the necessary data will be released.

This means if you don't have anydvd with OPD updated with the latest data you can't retrieve them anymore?

What is OPD? It doesn't look promising should you need to re-install at a latter date. Someone on the tenforums.com tested it and after applying the registry key it stayed in trial mode.

Quoted from the post "It installs ok as a 21 day trial basis, but adding the my normal registry key changes does not work any more - it remains a trial, so obviously it needs to go on line to activate."

http://www.tenforums.com/software-a...ysoft-anydvd-forced-shut-down.html#post579398

What is OPD? It doesn't look promising should you need to re-install at a latter date. Someone on the tenforums.com tested it and after applying the registry key it stayed in trial mode.

Quoted from the post "It installs ok as a 21 day trial basis, but adding the my normal registry key changes does not work any more - it remains a trial, so obviously it needs to go on line to activate."

OPD = Online Protection Database(?)
When I installed AnyDVD on a second Windows laptop, it activated OK and I was offline. Maybe the guy on the other forum should use the RegAnyDVD.exe tool - although maybe his use of a VM was causing problems? Dunno for sure though.
There have been numerous threads on SlySoft forum where double-clicking the Key file failed and trial mode remained, but using the Reg tool was a success.

Last edited:
Oh ok, well that sounds more positive then. It's so long since I installed the software. I seem to remember you install AndDVD and/or clonedvdmobile and then just plonk the keys anywhere and double click. I think mine showed as trial too afterwards but after a restart all was good. I didn't use the reganydvd.exe tool. Is that in the program folder after installation? Should one need to use that method, how do you do it? Just double click it?

Cool, cheers Mike. Makes me feel more optimistic should I need to re-install!

Cool, cheers Mike. Makes me feel more optimistic should I need to re-install!
Your not alone here...I have to do a computer refresh to get my computer working.

Tried on a BD Anime and got this:

Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
I am going to try and backup the BD media and see what happens on my standalone BD when I play them.

Last edited:
Reganydvd.exe tool worked for the user on tenforums.com using a virtual machine. So thank you Mike for that suggestion

I disagree with Furryguy and the use of the online data base. The highlighted statement will be displayed if the key is already on your P/C. I don't know what will happen if you don't have a key for the film.
All 1672 of my movies have stored keys.
I will have to wait for the mail today to get my two latest choices from Net flux.
A BD, and, a DVD.
Good Luck to Mr. Bettini.
He will persevere, and so will we.
Art.

AnyDVD screenshot.jpg

I disagree with Furryguy and the use of the online data base. The highlighted statement will be displayed if the key is already on your P/C. I don't know what will happen if you don't have a key for the film.
All 1672 of my movies have stored keys.

You're showing a DVD, however. CSS decryption is trivial and AnyDVD should be able to handle most if not all current structural protections - minus any newer ones I am unaware of - via the the AI Scanner which is part of AnyDVD. Using the OPD just sped the process up. And, also, when you remove annoying clips, etc, the AI Scanner is forced on to process/remove them even when there is no structural protection present.

The Blu-ray side of things will be more interesting/saddening, IMO. And we'll have to wait and see how much of an impact there is. The OPD did many useful things on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back