• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confused between SlySoft and Elby

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKNOT

Forgive me if this has been covered. I have been reading alot about this CloneBD that is being developed. I was under the impression that Slysoft was developing it, but on Elby Homepage it says CloneBD coming soon. Is it being developed by Slysoft or Elby? Another question is CloneDVD. I have read some threads in the SlySoft forums that stated Elby was responsible for the continuing development and updates for CloneDVD and that SlySoft had rights for reselling. If Elby is developing CloneDVD then why is the cost so much more purchasing lifetime package from SlySoft? Elby sells CloneDVD for $52 and you sell it for $68. Thanks.

Forgive me if this has been covered. I have been reading alot about this CloneBD that is being developed. I was under the impression that Slysoft was developing it, but on Elby Homepage it says CloneBD coming soon. Is it being developed by Slysoft or Elby?
Elaborate Bytes AG, Switzerland. (elby)

Another question is CloneDVD. I have read some threads in the SlySoft forums that stated Elby was responsible for the continuing development and updates for CloneDVD and that SlySoft had rights for reselling. If Elby is developing CloneDVD then why is the cost so much more purchasing lifetime package from SlySoft? Elby sells CloneDVD for $52 and you sell it for $68. Thanks.
You get warm and cuddly support here. :)

The reason afaik for the price difference is the support slysoft offers :)

The reason afaik for the price difference is the support slysoft offers :)

So, does that mean that if you buy a key from Elby, you don't get support from Slysoft? And if not, does that mean not in the future as well (if Slysoft starts selling keys?)

difference between Elby and Slysoft

I have been informed by SlySoft that purchases from Elby will not receive support from Slysoft.

Elby support is as good as SlySoft support, you won't feel the difference..

difference between Slysoft and Elby

Thanks for that re-assurance Tom purchasing license now.

I have been informed by SlySoft that purchases from Elby will not receive support from Slysoft.

I guess it depends on what support you need. Even those who have purchased from SlySoft are told to send their crash dumps/logs to Elby since Elby is the entity that has the tools to analyze them.

Robert

OK, I'll believe you. But we've been told several times that buying CloneBD from SlySoft gives you SlySoft support. Buying from elby gives you elby support.

Leaving aside the non-difference in support for the moment, when I go to the SlySoft purchase page and click on "Buy CloneBD now", I'm immediately sent to the elby site with no reference in the URL to SlySoft. How does SlySoft know my purchase was through SlySoft?

Robert

Leaving aside the non-difference in support for the moment, when I go to the SlySoft purchase page and click on "Buy CloneBD now", I'm immediately sent to the elby site with no reference in the URL to SlySoft. How does SlySoft know my purchase was through SlySoft?

Robert

Hehe...

Your eyes are good, Robert - but obviously not good enough. 8)

The first who find the trick will receive a free lifetime license of CloneBD :rock:

No, we are talking about the URL from SlySoft to Elby

The Buy button on the SlySoft web site POSTs the referring URL to the elby servers. The data passed remains "invisible", presenting a clean URL to the browser.

Cheers,
Jeff

No Jeff, it's a not a POST, a simple GET....

Edit:
Oops. it IS a POST, but no hidden input...

No Jeff, it's a not a POST, a simple GET....

Edit:
Oops. it IS a POST, but no hidden input...

Then the only other thing I see is that the button's submit data contains the slysoft purchase url.

(Last guess from me)

Hehe...

Your eyes are good, Robert - but obviously not good enough. 8)

The first who find the trick will receive a free lifetime license of CloneBD :rock:

Well one difference is that elby uses https: and the link from SlySoft does not (uses http: ). Do I win?

Robert

@JeffB

getting warmer. But not hot yet.

@JeffB

Good to know. Maybe the next guesser can build on that. Good luck to all who are smarter and/or more observant than me!

Cheers,
Jeff

@JeffB

How about: If you look at the page source, the page you get to from SlySoft has an icon ref ( <i class="icon icon-shopping-cart"></i> and the text "Buy Now") that is missing from the elby version.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back