• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Compete Copy issue with CloneBD 1.0.3.1

DaGoatRancher

I have encountered an issue with Complete Copies using CloneBD 1.0.3.1. I am using AnyDVDHD 7.5.8.1 and I have Speed Menus enabled. When I process a "Complete Copy" Folder rip using CloneBD 1.0.3.1. I cannot play this rip using my Dune HD Smart D1 media player. When I try to play it, the player hangs while trying to load the disk. I actually have to shutdown my player to get past this situation. If I then play another movie that I ripped previously with CloneBD 1.0.3.0 it loads fine and get the speed menu and can play the movie. I though it might have been the new version of AnyDVD but if I rip the same movie using the AnyDVDHD ripper it loads fine in my player. I downgraded CloneBD to 1.0.3.0 and ripped the same disk and it works fine. While on 1.0.3.1, I ripped 2 disks and got the same issue. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol 2. Both would not load, but work fine if ripped using CloneBD 1.0.3.0

What do I need to provide in order for someone to investigate this? I assume others may not have run into this as I know that you don't need CloneBD to make Complete Copies as AnyDVD Ripper will do the same thing. I like using CloneBD as it gives me the opportunity to name my target folder name for my movie right away and not have to change the name created from the Disk Volume after ripping like I have to do with AnyDVDHD's ripper.

Thanks.

I have encountered an issue with Complete Copies using CloneBD 1.0.3.1. I am using AnyDVDHD 7.5.8.1 and I have Speed Menus enabled. When I process a "Complete Copy" Folder rip using CloneBD 1.0.3.1. I cannot play this rip using my Dune HD Smart D1 media player. When I try to play it, the player hangs while trying to load the disk. I actually have to shutdown my player to get past this situation. If I then play another movie that I ripped previously with CloneBD 1.0.3.0 it loads fine and get the speed menu and can play the movie. I though it might have been the new version of AnyDVD but if I rip the same movie using the AnyDVDHD ripper it loads fine in my player. I downgraded CloneBD to 1.0.3.0 and ripped the same disk and it works fine. While on 1.0.3.1, I ripped 2 disks and got the same issue. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol 2. Both would not load, but work fine if ripped using CloneBD 1.0.3.0

What do I need to provide in order for someone to investigate this? I assume others may not have run into this as I know that you don't need CloneBD to make Complete Copies as AnyDVD Ripper will do the same thing. I like using CloneBD as it gives me the opportunity to name my target folder name for my movie right away and not have to change the name created from the Disk Volume after ripping like I have to do with AnyDVDHD's ripper.

Thanks.

Maybe your player doesn't recognize the ripped folder format? Did you consider that part of the problem also as anything read your user manual on your Dune HD player as well to know what it can and can't do. Also without a log file no one can tell what is going on? You should make a log file but also you do know that AnyDVD HD can also rip as well so you can use the feature "rip to videodisc to hard disk" as a option and try to see if that works with Dune HD player?

Maybe your player doesn't recognize the ripped folder format? Did you consider that part of the problem also as anything read your user manual on your Dune HD player as well to know what it can and can't do. Also without a log file no one can tell what is going on? You should make a log file but also you do know that AnyDVD HD can also rip as well so you can use the feature "rip to videodisc to hard disk" as a option and try to see if that works with Dune HD player?

Recycle,

By no means am I trying to be difficult or argumentative, but did you read my post?

I already know my player supports the ripped folder format. That is how I rip my movies and play them on the Dune media player. I guess I did not make that completely clear in my original post. What I am saying is that with CloneBD 1.0.3.1 and using the Complete Copy option ripping to folder as I always have, my Dune will not play these folder rips. It hangs the player and I have to power cycle it to recover. I downgrade back to CloneBD 1.0.3.0 and rip the same disk to folder structure the exact same way and the folder rip will then play in my Dune player. Tried this with multiple disks using version 1.0.3.1 and it's the same issue for them all.

I asked what logs would be needed for this. AnyDVD is fine in this instance, as I explained I can use AnyDVD HD to rip the movie in folder structure and it works fine on my player. This is how I did it before CloneBD.
CloneBD 1.0.3.0 is good. CloneBD 1.0.3.1 is not good. What kind of log is needed for review. Never seen anyone do a CloneBD log before. I don't see an option for CloneBD log file and don't see a sticky about what information to gather for CloneBD issues.

There obviously seems to be a change between 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.3.1

Thanks.

Last edited:
Never seen anyone do a CloneBD log before. I don't see an option for CloneBD log file and don't see a sticky about what information to gather for CloneBD issues.

Once the disc has finished processing, you will see the "Your copy was created successfully", "'Process another disc" and "quit" etc.
If you hold down the Alt key, two hidden options will appear underneath the successful message - Send Log to Elby and Save Log file.
You can use these to save or send the logfile :)

Once the disc has finished processing, you will see the "Your copy was created successfully", "'Process another disc" and "quit" etc.
If you hold down the Alt key, two hidden options will appear underneath the successful message - Send Log to Elby and Save Log file.
You can use these to save or send the logfile :)

ddjmagic,

Thanks for that info. I will process the disk again using 1.0.3.1 and get the log file. I will also process the same disk with 1.0.3.0 that works. Will communicate with Elby on this issue.

FYI. This issue still exists with latest 1.0.3.2 version just recently posted. Sent the logs for working 1.0.3.0 and broken 1.0.3.1 earlier today before 1.0.3.2 was released. Hopefully they can find the issue and fix it in the next update.

FYI. This issue still exists in latest 1.0.3.3 released today. Downgrading back to 1.0.3.1 fixes the issue as usual.

FYI. This issue still exists in latest 1.0.3.3 released today. Downgrading back to 1.0.3.1 fixes the issue as usual.
Have you tried to rip with another media player, is the latest AnyDVDHD installed?

Have you tried to rip with another media player, is the latest AnyDVDHD installed?

SlyFox 1,

If you mean have I tried to play the rip in another media player? Then the answer is no. I have not tried to play it in any other player.

Yes. Latest AnyDVDHD is installed 7.5.8.7 is what I used in my last attempts with CloneBD 1.0.3.2 and 1.0.3.3. The issue is not with AnyDVDHD that I can tell. I can rip the same disk in either BDMV folder structure or .iso directly with AnyDVDHD and the rip works fine in my Dune media player. It is just when I do a complete copy with any CloneBD version beyond 1.0.3.1 or above the rip will lock up my media player. I assume it is trying to open the menu and gets stuck.

If I downgrade CloneBD to 1.0.3.0 and rip same disk in the same way, the problem is resolved and Dune has no issue opening and playing the disk. So something was introduced in CloneBD 1.0.3.1 which breaks this.

I will see if I can try the rip on another old media player like my WDTV Live or Dvico TVIX but they don't handle Bluray rips as well so not sure if it will prove anything here. Bottom line is it's been broken since CloneBD 1.0.3.1 and CloneBD seems to be the culprit.

I have reported it to Elby as indicated in my previous comments.

Thank you for your comments on this issue.

I tried reproducing this when it was first reported and I can confirm that 1.0.3.1 (haven't tried 1.0.3.2/3) does not produce a working "Complete Copy" when Speedmenus have been enabled on the source (PDVD 14/TMT6 both hang as described by OP)

Same process in 1.0.3.0 worked fine.

I tried reproducing this when it was first reported and I can confirm that 1.0.3.1 (haven't tried 1.0.3.2/3) does not produce a working "Complete Copy" when Speedmenus have been enabled on the source (PDVD 14/TMT6 both hang as described by OP)

Same process in 1.0.3.0 worked fine.

Thanks ddjmagic for your confirmation of the issue. Now I know it's not just me having the problem, and it's not only my Dune HD Smart D1 media player which locks up on these Complete Copy rips with 1.0.3.1 and above.

FYI. This issue is still not resolved in latest 1.0.3.4 version of CloneBD released today. No change at all.

FYI. This issue is still not resolved in latest 1.0.3.5 version of CloneBD released today. No change at all. If others are having this issue please report it to Elaborate Bytes to get further exposure. Thanks.

FYI. This is still broken in latest 1.0.3.7 No change at all.

Can you please create another log file - with the current version?
And please post it here - otherwise it's not going to be linked with your thread here in the forum.

Found the cause, the issue will be addressed in the next version.

Pete,

Thanks for the update. This is good news that the issue has been found and will be addressed in the next version. Appreciate it.

Happy to say this issue is now resolved with CloneBD 1.0.3.8. Thanks Pete for following up and getting it corrected :rock:

Back