• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Release Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Slyce?

We're almost to the end of October now, about 6 months after this post was initially started. Is there a new update on this thing? I check slysoft.com every couple of weeks and am getting anxious. I know there are some other products out there, but I've tried the trial versions and they all mess up my SlySoft environment, which I do not wish to change. I've got a few 50 GB discs (they cost 150USD per 50), whereas the 25 GB are only around 30USD per 50. I have only used one of my 100-25GB discs and have gone through 2-50GB sets of discs. I really need to see something soon to save money, though I know you can't force anything. I use Power2Go 8 to copy BDs, but it is necessary to have a disc of the same size for the target size as the original. So if I'm using it to copy a commercial DVD, it will probably have to need a DVD+R DL. I have always needed to use BD-R DL's for BDs. I know there are work-arounds, but I'm not so technically savvy that I want to get into all that. I don't mind complicated programs, but for something like this, I like to be able to push a few buttons and have it done with. I surely hope to see this soon. I don't know how many delays there have been since April, but something's dragging. Anybody know anything new? Thank you so much. SRE

A very hot tip.
Go and get [a competing product], which do the Job very well, or perhaps wait for another long time. (February 2014,2015,2016...?) Nobody knows.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t understand what´s the problem with Slyce. Why are people able to create a program which can rip bd´s and a firm like Slysoft isn´t able to do this?
All that people want is a solution easy like CloneDVD. So where is the problem Slysoft?????? :bang:

[a competing product], a hot tip? Don't make me laugh. The output quality sucks bigtime compared to bd-rebuilder. Bd-rebuilder also doesn't use stolen code, and the best of all, it's TOTALLY FREE. And so is clown-bd.

I agree that it is taking a long time now to even release that new build, but I'll keep waiting. Plenty or solutions in the mean time but dvdcrap ain't one of em for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed references to the other product. This isn't an advertising thread. You want to discuss other (paid) solutions, go to the third party forum.

Slyce release - just the facts

Holy Postponus Interruptus, Batman!

Using my laser-equipped cerebellum I have processed all the wasted brain waves shrieking though this thread.
As a service to my fellow Slyceranters I have distilled three mutually exclusive steaming platters of guacamolean* theories from the prodigal avocados running amuck here:

1) the Slysoft team is on hiatus helping the U.S.A. iron the kinks out of the launch of the Affordable Care Act.
2) the Grinch did steal Slyce's source code at stage 98%, and the Slysofters are waiting to plagiarize it once it's re-published on wikileaks.
3) Edward Snowden is now the duly appointed sole gamma tester. Slysoft.com will use The Telegraph to market Slyce, but only when bundled with a lifetime subscription.

bon appetit!

* "guacamole" - an idiomatic Antiguan expression meaning fertilizer, originally "Bandini" brand.

My deranged mental gymnastics are solely my own, lucky for you

I think that Slyce won´t come out this year. A bit more than two months and the year ends....
Since they haven´t released a version for translation and beta-testing there will be no slyce this year.
I have lost my patience, sad but true.

And actually moved a few more posts out of the discussion thread as they aren't functionality related posts. Whining belongs here. LOL :)

Ch3vrOn I know this is unfair, but you are the only known person in this forum that is not employed by Slysoft that has had a tiny peek behind the curtain. Realistically do you think this program will actually be released for sale in 2013?

No, i don't. The last i know is that they were aiming for a (public) beta release by the end of the year, don't know if they ment retail release. As soon as i have new info i'll update my sticky accordingly offcourse. The last edit was by frank to tweak the release estimate and so far that hasn't changed. I've yet to receive a new build.

oh and that's the digit zero in my nick ;) not a capital o :) the e and o were both replaced by numbers ;)

No, i don't. The last i know is that they were aiming for a (public) beta release by the end of the year, don't know if they ment retail release. As soon as i have new info i'll update my sticky accordingly offcourse. The last edit was by frank to tweak the release estimate and so far that hasn't changed. I've yet to receive a new build.

oh and that's the digit zero in my nick ;) not a capital o :) the e and o were both replaced by numbers ;)

Thank you for the answer and sorry about the spelling. Your opinion matches mine also. James and friends have stopped commenting on anything to do with Slyce since they made their last est of end of year. That makes me think that they have come to the conclusion that they have no realistic estimate of a completion date and rather then continuing to look foolish they have decided to go silent until, if ever, it is ready. They must have bitten off way more then they could chew on this program.

It is weird isn't it...
It seems to me there are 4 possibilities

1. The beta from earlier this year was not really feature-complete and therefore in reality more like an alpha than a beta
2. The feature list was changed after the beta
3. The ownership of Slysoft changed and impacted Slyce
4. The personnel of Slysoft changed and impacted Slyce

Between these 4 ... who knows ...

Based on the menus Slyce does have an ease-of-use case over current (free) solutions for rebuilding bd contents and I would still pay for that today. I do also now already have another (paid-for) transcoding solution and I'm very happy with that and probably wouldn't change that any more, except for Cinavia testing / removal maybe or for a "complete ease-of-use" package.

I would pay up to 100 dollars or so for a decent ease of use comprehensive idiot-proof package, even if the functionality was only what I already have, because I still spend a lot of time fiddling around and I would really appreciate a "tick the boxes and go" solution. Don't know how typical that is.

Right now I wish Slysoft would let us know if this program will ever exist or be like Sly player and quietly go away. In the last quarter of 2012 they made their first estimate for a scheduled release. A year later they are as silent as a door mouse and everyone is hoping for a Nov-Dec surprise. If a year ago they could see the end of the development cycle one has to wonder what blew up. Was it technical, financial, or lack of manpower. Only they know. But now it has been going on to long and I have noticed that their reps are not even bothering to comment on this program. Usually they jump in and defend themselves. Now not so much. What went wrong and why didn't they release a strip down version first. One minute they say cinevia is not important and then at another time they imply a breakthrough and a hint this feature will be in Slyce. Just release the darn program now. Heck put what they have out there for a two week trial and let the members of this forum beta test it for them. The more people that run it the more feedback. They have to do something.

They have to do something.

:disagree:

They don't have to do anything. I think all their employees live in free countries. :)

I suspect they are finding/have found that there is good reason why BD-Rebuilder is approaching 5 years in Beta--there ain't nuthin' easy about working with the lovely product Sony blessed us with.

:p

Time runs away and no information anymore about Slyce!
It´s the beginning of November and the about 7-8 weeks ´til 2014.
Maybe no information is good information but it think they should talk about their problem with slyce.

RELEASE A BETA VERSION FOR ALL FOR TESTING!!!!

An open beta test only makes sense under some circumstances.
I`m an alpha tester at Lunatics, so i`m aware of those procedures.

If i can be of any help let me know.

Mike

Hmmm. Everyone wants to test it but no comments from the developers at all.....
Let´s see how many people believe that slyce is released that year.

I don´t think it will be released this year. Maybe next year.....or never???

Okay, so I've been lurking here a while. Lifetime user of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. With thanks to this forum, just got my first BD writer up & running. Table is set. Here's one more definite buyer of Slyce when it gets released. :cool:

Patience is a Virtue...8)

Pending LOL

I cant belive people are still talking about this.
At what point does the Penny drop.

No wonder Politicians still exist.
People will believe anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back