• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Release Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your are really giving Cinavia more credit, than it deserves. (A lot of people do, and this only strengthens Verance' position)
There are no "other electronics products" featuring Cinavia.

That is true. But...there also are not many products that copy BD Discs. Slyce would happen to be one of those products any many of Slysofts customers maybe trying different workarounds to avoid this problem. Therefore this would be a meaningful addition to the ever delayed Slyce. I hope that Slysoft is not holding the product back for Cinavia. Since James has popped in on this discussion and the silence on a release is deafening would he care to comment on a 2013 release date or at least confirm there will be no release in 2013 which is the most likely scenario.

I hope that Slysoft is not holding the product back for Cinavia

After thinking about it again, I think I've changed my mind :D
I now doubt Slysoft are delaying because of Cinavia, it doesn't really make sense for them to do that, any sales due to eventual Cinavia removal will be the same whether Slyce does it on initial release or in a future update.

That is true. But...there also are not many products that copy BD Discs. Slyce would happen to be one of those products any many of Slysofts customers maybe trying different workarounds to avoid this problem. Therefore this would be a meaningful addition to the ever delayed Slyce. I hope that Slysoft is not holding the product back for Cinavia. Since James has popped in on this discussion and the silence on a release is deafening would he care to comment on a 2013 release date or at least confirm there will be no release in 2013 which is the most likely scenario.

Whether I comment on an a release date or not doesn't make any difference, because "my responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc.". :)

That said, I have some hope, that there will be a release of some sort (alpha, beta, something) in 2013.

That said, I have some hope, that there will be a release of some sort (alpha, beta, something) in 2013.

That only leaves u 1 more month :p, unless it was a typo ment to be 2014 ^^

After thinking about it again, I think I've changed my mind :D
I now doubt Slysoft are delaying because of Cinavia, it doesn't really make sense for them to do that, any sales due to eventual Cinavia removal will be the same whether Slyce does it on initial release or in a future update.

Absolutely. I would buy Slyce solely for ease of use and Cinavia will be a plus if and when it comes. I think I'm probably a fairly typical user with that. All I want to do is watch TV and films but I end up having to know about endless stuff, playlists, DTS, avisync, it's endless.

All I want to do:

1. Make one master copy:
Identify and strip out unnecessary baggage (Ads, Serbian subtitles, Spanish soundtracks, etc)
*Not* accidentally strip out stuff I need (some forced subtitles for instance)
Identify all relevant playlists including alternative versions and the like
Occasionally, identify and correct video encoding errors or pitch errors in soundtrack

2. Make a mobile version mp4 usually around 2GB

5% of the titles eat 95% of the time. If Slyce can solve 4% of that 5% it will be - for me - a very good investment already, believe me.

otoh I have to say, other tools are getting better and I can imagine in a year's time I won't be thinking about Slyce any more, so the window of opportunity isn't for ever.

Where is all the fun in building your own one button back-up from start to finish potentially like Slyce.

True hard core DVD fans like to build custom back-ups with more than one software program and custom design.

If you don't want to work in building a back-up just go buy another original DVD-ROM or BD-ROM and automatically get rid of Cinavia and other problems.:agree:

The fun comes in trying to build a custom back-up your way, with trial and error and hands on practice.
And, if that is not fun to you, then you need to get our of the DVD hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
not my idea of fun

Where is all the fun in building your own one button back-up from start to finish potentially like Slyce.

True hard core DVD fans like to build custom back-ups with more than one software program and custom design.

If you don't want to work in building a back-up just go buy another original DVD-ROM or BD-ROM and automatically get rid of Cinavia and other problems.:agree:

The fun comes in trying to build a custom back-up your way, with trial and error and hands on practice.
And, if that is not fun to you, then you need to get our of the DVD hobby.

I usually appreciate Fast Eddie's contributions but in this instance with the price of Blu-ray discs taken into account I cannot afford stuff ups and the whole purpose of Slyce was to simplify the back up process I don't see the relevance of your comments to people who want Slyce and are prepared to wait for it.

By the way Frank when is the next teaser?

OMG...i can´t believe it.
December the 2nd and still no slyce.

When i think about christmas holidays in nearly 3 weeks there will be no time to release "something like alpha, beta or how they call it" after this date.

Sorry, my patience has gone and i don´t believe in it anymore. THX to Slysoft!

I think 2014 is a more realistic date for an official release.

I saw a possible alpha/beta release mentioned by James on 27 November.
If that is the case, I wonder whether that would that be on some sort of trial period...

I think 2014 is a more realistic date for an official release.

I saw a possible alpha/beta release mentioned by James on 27 November.
If that is the case, I wonder whether that would that be on some sort of trial period...

Last year at this same time we said 2013 was a more realistic date and look where we are now....

Last year at this same time we said 2013 was a more realistic date and look where we are now....

Absolutley

I really cant believe most members on here,

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT TAKE FOR THE PENNY TO DROP.

Although I also have lost at least some faith to see any type of release soon, I have not lost faith in what it will be able to do and how good it will do it. Until it is released I'm happy to stick with bd-rebuilder. Does the trick marvelously and full 3d backup support is imminent with the new release of tsmuxer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Has anyone seen a "working" product except Ch3vr0n?
Only pictures from something exist..thats all.

One year without a release, Slysoft it´s your turn!

That´s all bla bla bla. No Alpha, no beta, no results, no and nothing since four to five years. For my opinion we will here in a couple of month, that the development of slyce is canceld because the program don´t meet the developers own needs.
This is the longest development ever heared from, like Slyplayer too. I use a competitive product since longer time and it work very well for me.
Thanks and have a nice day.

I have to agree. Last year Slyce went into translation and was "implied" to be released in the 4th qtr 2012. One year later no signs of any kind of progress. I, like some others, have tried to be faithful to this company but seeing that Slyce and Slyplayer seem to be in the same non-existent category I have to believe neither one will see the light of day. Slysoft has made some wonderful products but they are all mature now. Most people who would buy these products have already purchased them. Slysoft's sales figures must be down and without something new maybe they are nearing end of life as a company. They owe us nothing except a good reliable product. They do not have to say anything if they do not want to. However, seeing the customer loyalty that is on this site it would be nice if they came out and told us what is happening with both products and why they cannot meet any kind of schedule. James comment above was sad. That was the best a spokesman could offer? Maybe an alpha..beta..something..maybe this year...maybe not. How could they seem so close 15 months ago and then tank? They should rename Slyce to Maybe. There are some threads, on this forum, that criticizes other companies products. Slysoft no longer has the high moral ground any more so people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Maybe they should give up on Blu Ray and start developing S/W for 4K?

Last edited:
Santa's been monitring the posts, and will give a price increase for Slyce to a certain few for their actions, lol.

Until Ch3vr0n notes that Slyce is in translation there is no reason to believe a Black Friday release date. Even Christmas is not probably reasonable. Best to hope for next year.

Hope for next year? Don't hold your breath buddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back