CloneBD Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by RClark, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RClark

RClark Well-Known Member

Here are a few additional features that I would like to see in a future release of CloneBD. I'm posting them here in hopes that they can make it into Tom's CloneBD bug & feature tracking thread.

Include Menus (chapters) when using an MKV container: It would be nice to have the ability to move between chapters.

Audio Pass-through: I don't always want/need to re-encode the audio streams. Having an audio pass-through option would be preferred in most cases.

Audio Core Only for device/files: I didn't see this option available when selecting "Convert for a device or file" only when selecting "Disc, Folder, ISO" conversions. Can we make this option available for all conversion types?

Forced Subs Only: An option that would allow only forced subs and the ability to "burn" them into the video.

Proper CUDA support (not that DXVA crap you have now).

Auto Cropping: There's just no need to waste resources on converting black bars. This would entail changing the output resolution to "crop" the black bars from the output.

Thanks.

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Maybe support for Intel Quick Sync along with Cuda. .mkv passthough would also be nice. :)

3. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

4. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

I have to agree that adding proper cues support will make CloneBD a lot faster. Yes, I know it's not a compression but nvidia's api language to talk to the dedicated gfx card to do the actual video processing using the proper engine like x264 and take the CPU or of the loop. However to make it fair, support for the ATI variant would have to be added too (don't know what it's called). Not everyone used an nvidia card. But adding proper support will no doubt be beneficial, as the cuda cores can work a lot faster with x264 than the CPU can. Even on my old system it would shave hours of the job.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

The ATI variant of Cuda is OpenCL. :) (Open Computing Language (OpenCL)

7. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

Before we get into a philosophical war, I added these tickets and will fight with developers for implementaion:

#660 Full CUDA (NVIDIA) support, incl.Intel Quick Sync (->#444)
    #661 Full OpenCL (ATI) support

Added ticket [#662]

I guess this will come along with
    #535 Option to burn ISO without transcoding

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

#660: AWESOME.

* puts on boxing gloves *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.