• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

RClark

Here are a few additional features that I would like to see in a future release of CloneBD. I'm posting them here in hopes that they can make it into Tom's CloneBD bug & feature tracking thread.

Include Menus (chapters) when using an MKV container: It would be nice to have the ability to move between chapters.

Audio Pass-through: I don't always want/need to re-encode the audio streams. Having an audio pass-through option would be preferred in most cases.

Audio Core Only for device/files: I didn't see this option available when selecting "Convert for a device or file" only when selecting "Disc, Folder, ISO" conversions. Can we make this option available for all conversion types?

Forced Subs Only: An option that would allow only forced subs and the ability to "burn" them into the video.

Proper CUDA support (not that DXVA crap you have now).

Auto Cropping: There's just no need to waste resources on converting black bars. This would entail changing the output resolution to "crop" the black bars from the output.

Thanks.

Maybe support for Intel Quick Sync along with Cuda. .mkv passthough would also be nice. :)

Here are a few additional features that I would like to see in a future release of CloneBD. I'm posting them here in hopes that they can make it into Tom's CloneBD bug & feature tracking thread.
Thank you RClark. Adding suggestions like yours is a pleasure. For me it takes only a few minutes - the real work has to be done by the developers. They already have been relegated to the dungeon.

Include Menus (chapters) when using an MKV container: It would be nice to have the ability to move between chapters.
Added as [#604]
Audio Pass-through: I don't always want/need to re-encode the audio streams. Having an audio pass-through option would be preferred in most cases
Added as [#605]

Audio Core Only for device/files: I didn't see this option available when selecting "Convert for a device or file" only when selecting "Disc, Folder, ISO" conversions. Can we make this option available for all conversion types?
Added as [#606]

Forced Subs Only: An option that would allow only forced subs and the ability to "burn" them into the video.
There is already a (bug-) ticket with not proper flagged forced subs: [#448].
Added your suggestion as [#607]

Proper CUDA support (not that DXVA crap you have now).
Oh, I don't wanna have (another) philosophical discussion with developers. They blamed me already 8)
You know, CUDA is not a compression, it's the NVIDIA own language?

Auto Cropping: There's just no need to waste resources on converting black bars. This would entail changing the output resolution to "crop" the black bars from the output.
There is already a ticket [#451] for black bar cropping (auto&manual)

Thank you for your support!

Track your tickets here: CloneBD bug & feature tracker

Oh, I don't wanna have (another) philosophical discussion with developers. They blamed me already 8)
You know, CUDA is not a compression, it's the NVIDIA own language?

There is already a ticket [#451] for black bar cropping (auto&manual)

Thank you for your support!

Track your tickets here: CloneBD bug & feature tracker

Well, then they need to know that not using the CUDA language is making CloneBD slow like hell

I have to agree that adding proper cues support will make CloneBD a lot faster. Yes, I know it's not a compression but nvidia's api language to talk to the dedicated gfx card to do the actual video processing using the proper engine like x264 and take the CPU or of the loop. However to make it fair, support for the ATI variant would have to be added too (don't know what it's called). Not everyone used an nvidia card. But adding proper support will no doubt be beneficial, as the cuda cores can work a lot faster with x264 than the CPU can. Even on my old system it would shave hours of the job.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I have to agree that adding proper cues support will make CloneBD a lot faster. Yes, I know it's not a compression but nvidia's api language to talk to the dedicated gfx card to do the actual video processing using the proper engine like x264 and take the CPU or of the loop. However to make it fair, support for the ATI variant would have to be added too (don't know what it's called). Not everyone used an nvidia card. But adding proper support will no doubt be beneficial, as the cuda cores can work a lot faster with x264 than the CPU can. Even on my old system it would shave hours of the job.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
The ATI variant of Cuda is OpenCL. :) (Open Computing Language (OpenCL)

Before we get into a philosophical war, I added these tickets and will fight with developers for implementaion:

#660 Full CUDA (NVIDIA) support, incl.Intel Quick Sync (->#444)
#661 Full OpenCL (ATI) support

.mkv passthough would also be nice. :)
Added ticket [#662]

I guess this will come along with
#535 Option to burn ISO without transcoding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back