• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, people should check the latest AnyDVD HD beta. I'd say that puts a pretty big dent in the Cinavia problem on HTPC's. Which, quite frankly, is what AnyDVD HD was designed for in the first place.

We never said the initial release of Slyce will handle Cinavia!!!
And you will NOT see a release date for that here. We are working on it now but it is low on the list compared to getting Slyce rolled out.
We NEVER stated anything other than "eventually" in connection with Cinavia.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

H.265 Codec

The specs from the new HEVC (H.265 CODEC) is very impressive.
The same picture quality with half of the size from the H.264 Codec.

Will we have in a future update of Slyce the possibility to convert from H.264
to the new H.265 codec?

Will Slyce allow you to copy the movie only in AVC? I'm assuming that's the video codec for most Blu-ray movies.

Select the correct playlist automatically?

Can you choose one audio (lossless track) & if it has subtitles in a certain part of the movie will it allow you to choose the one subtitle stream to do that?

I'm wanting to create a 1:1 backup to my hard drive of the movie only as it is on the original Blu-ray disc.

If so I'm in.

Slyce and existing ripped movies

Will Slyce be able to remove trailers (etc) from existing ripped movies (iso)?

I have about 400 ripped blu ray movies that sure would free up space if I didn't have to do it all over again.

Thanks
Steve

That info is already available in the first post. Removing streams will be possible. However removing streams from an ISOwithout creating a new one is not possible. ISO is a file container and you can't make changes to an ISO without "saving" it again.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Oh well, I will just have rip em again in my spare time. Hopefully it won't take as long without all the extras.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks to Slysoft for being in existence. Thanks to Ch3vron for getting this information to us.

I admit I have not read this entire thread. (it IS pretty long)

It would seem that the Slyce project is mainly for folks who want to lighten up the amount of data that has to be stored for their backups.

I used CloneDVD years ago and realized it took several minutes (or it felt like it) to remove the trailers, unwanted audio, etc. I did get faster after doing it for awhile (about 100 movies).

Now, I just pop in a disk wait until AnyDVDHD does its thing, right click on the fox in the icon panel, select rip to image, tell it where I want it stored and walk away. The whole process takes only seconds.

When I do get around to watching the movie, it does not take much time to wade through the trailers, and I'd rather take the time to wade at that point rather than when I am trying to rip disks. Besides on our men's movie night, I use the trailers as a way of saying: "Ok fellas, get your drinks, put away the pool cues and let's watch a movie."

So my question is, how useful will Slyce be for someone like me who does not care if all of the extras are part of the backup? After all, storage is now very cheap. I also understand that It MAY be able to compress to mobile device. ETC: Again, I am only interested in quickly getting my iso's on my storage devices, without worrying about extra baggage.
Thanks again. If it weren't for Slysoft I would not have 10 terabytes of movies--and counting_with the ability to watch on any computer in my home network. My disk collection is approaching 5,000 (remember, DVD's are only about 5 GB), collecting dust.

computing requirements

Is it possible to reveal what effect Slyce will have on computer reqirements. Will Slyce be more demanding on computer resources than Clone DVD2?

Is it possible to reveal what effect Slyce will have on computer reqirements. Will Slyce be more demanding on computer resources than Clone DVD2?

Pretty sure that is safe to assume. For starters it will need alot more free harddrive space. I'm not referring to the installation size here but temp space. It will also need a decent recent CPU for "normal" speeds. Take a look at bdrb for example. With a "recent" CPU like mine (see sig) it takes me between 6-8hrs depending on source size. If you take an old CPU like a Pentium 4. Even the best CPU from that line will have alot of work. Feel free to check the bdrb debug thread at doom 9. There are people using such and old setup. And although it works, times of 48hrs have been reported.

So unless you want to have an encode take days, a decent computer will be needed to keep times as short as possible.

I don't know anything about actual program specific minimal or recommended specifications though.

Given that playing BDs require higher system requirements than playing DVDs I'd venture a guess that backing up a BD using Slyce would require a more substantial PC than backing up a DVD using CloneDVD.

Not that you would need a super-duper latest processor and oodles of memory.

When I said speculation I only meant the release date. It is hard to comment on this forum. Too many people perceiving a criticism of the company when none was intended. The release date is most assuredly speculative. Frank's est of this quarter are no better then last quarter 2012 or first quarter 2013 or now maybe 2nd quarter 2013.

And Frank has been upfront saying Slyce is taking longer than initially predicted.

Yes, it is disappointing things are taking longer than Slysoft had hoped, but I'd prefer to see a bug-free as humanly possible initial release than have something that should have taken longer to be release quality.

At least Slysoft isn't taking pre-orders with a definite release date and then failing to release on the due date with no explanation why.

I think we need to re-focus

Editing / condensing this to keep it on-track

I have a big question for anyone at Slysoft. If Slyce can make a .AVI/.MP4 (or what ever format that Slyce will do), when you play it from your HDD, will the players be Cinavia detectable? What I mean is that if you have a codec to play most formats, and you are using Windows Media Player to play the Blu-Ray converted file (.avi/.mp4), how will that affect the playback? If it doesn't then all you have to do is convert the .avi/.mp4 back to either a normal DVD and/or a Blu-Ray DVD using the all so popular ConvertX2DVD. I'm just throwing that out there because I have no idea how Cinavia works. I was under the impression that it was a "physical" thing/"watermark" on the physical Blu-Ray DVD. I could be totally wrong. Thanks for reading. :cool:

The version this thread was built on does not have the ability to split an output file into separate chapters. That does not mean the final version won't have it or won't get it in a future version. So I'm afraid i currently can't answer that question.

You misunderstood: my question was not about splitting by chapters into separate files, but naming the chapters within one file, and it was aimed mainly at developers.

Same answer then. The version this thread is based on, does not have that functionality. That does not mean the final or a future version won't get that function. I'm still waiting on a new translator build so i can maybe give some more info. But for now, the answer to your question is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back