• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read about the "Slyplayer" in a looong time. Is this still something that may come out in the future?

Off topic Cinavia posts moved to, shockingly I know, the Cinavia Slyce thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=54331

OK my bad I hadnt noticed that other thread - but you also moved one post from me which had no connection to Cinavia - could you maybe return it (for whatever small value it may have)?

And actually - thinking about it - is it necessary to be *quite* so demeaning about material which you clearly never bothered even to read, since you just block moved it without even noticing the non-Cinavia material? It was intended to be a constructive idea.

Oh well

Last edited:
You asked if it was possible to detect cinavia during the first 20 minutes? That has nothing to do with the cinavia topic? Hmmz. Think again. If the disc has cinavia then the logo will be on the box cover. Its that simple. No reason to extend an encoding of ANY disc for that matter to check for it and only then proceed. That is an unneeded encoding extension. Anyway, as soon as cinavia related questions belong in the other thread. Anything else I'll be happy to answer where possible

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

You asked if it was possible to detect cinavia during the first 20 minutes? That has nothing to do with the cinavia topic? Hmmz. Think again. If the disc has cinavia then the logo will be on the box cover. Its that simple. (more stuff snipped)
1. I was referring to what is now post number 52 in the Cinavia thread which was moved from here and has no connection to Cinavia.

2. I fully appreciate I should have posted to the Cinavia thread, however it was my first time looking here and I had not realised there was a separate thread for that topic. Of course my post should have been moved it was the supercilious comment that felt unnecessary and a bit insulting to me. (and if you want to criticse me for not noticing the separate thread, please think you you also just posted to criticise me without noticing / checking that I was referring to a completely different non-Cinavia related post, so anyone can make a mistake including you)

3. The merits and demerits of my idea clearly belong on the Cinavia thread, I have already answered the same point there. But I will say that that whether my idea has genuine merit I would have thought depends more on how representative I am of a general situation - i.e. many hundreds of bluray disks filed whose packaging is long discarded - or if I am a one-off with that. And not on statements of, to be frank, the bleeding obvious.

Cheers, Steve

I haven't read about the "Slyplayer" in a looong time. Is this still something that may come out in the future?

Maybe it's coming with Slyce :p
I'm guessing it's way down SlySoft's to-do list, if it's even still there. Frankly, given advances in existing unlicensed players (especially XBMC and JRiver) and a certain AnyDVD HD fix for licensed players (even though it's not Slyce I'm not gonna use the C-word right now :eek: ), I doubt SlyPlayer is even necessary anymore. (Edit: Releasing Slyce is clearly more important than releasing SlyPlayer.)

Last edited:
Hi, Sure you're working hard.

is there any progress???

We will have to slyce before end of year???

:clap:

It is still planned for the 2nd quarter of this year. They still have 1.5 months before that window passes.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Although what you say is absolutely true, I'm sure you'll also agree that if they were nearing the final stage, they would post something about it and they would already had sent out versions to you guys for translation and final beta testing. Since this has not happened (at least no one has posted anything to hint that), I believe that they will also miss the Q2 target.

I'm not complaining; I haven't paid any money and I still believe that it's best for Slysoft to take their time and release a quality product than have to deal with hordes of dissatisfied paying customers in the long run. Having said that however, I am extremely skeptical on what's going on in the background because what has been communicated at times from Slysoft regarding Slyce's status is inconsistent at best with the product's delays. At first it was end of 2012, then it was communicated that they were almost ready but hit some last minute obstacles which would take a few more moths to iron out. Now, we are coming at the end of the new projected release timeframe and it seems that they might have to delay again.

Looking from the outside, I believe that there is something wrong with some of the basic functions of Slyce that Slysoft still can't pinpoint or solve. Suggestions to Slysoft: Have you considered releasing Slyce with limited functionality? For instance, we all now by now that during it's initial release, Slyce won't circumvent Cinavia. How about omitting the other features that give you so much trouble and release the product with only the features enabled that you're feeling comfortable with?

The concept of a earlier release with truncated functionality does have some merit => at least to me. All I'm really looking for a CloneDVD like process with the ability to convert the Main Movie with Menus and Dolby 5.1 sound onto a BD 25 disk. (English Subtitles would be a Bonus.) I know Clown BD, and BD Rebuilder, can do this already but it's not the simplest of processes.

Maybe it could be an introductory product (Slyce Lite anyone?) that could be upgraded to the full featured Slyce when all the Bugs are worked out. It would create a bit of a Buzz in the market as mainstream folks would hear about it. Does this sound reasonable?

I would echo the sentiments of –Jim- here. A CloneDVD equivalent for blu-ray is all I’ve ever needed from Slyce. If it could also clip the beginning and end of a program (the way DVDShrink can), rather than just clip chapters at the beginning and end (the way CloneDVD can), then that would be perfect.

Last edited:
If you copy the movie only will you be able to forward or reverse by chapter or will it be one long file?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer.

can't answer the question fully on that one, as the build this thread was based on was not capable of fully. The m2ts files on a blu-ray disc on themselves do not have chapterpoints defined in them like the vob files have for DVD's. Chapter points are defined in the other files that make up the menu and tell it where each chapter starts/ends.

If you output to a mobile format, then i doubt it will maintain those chapter poins. If slyce is built to read the structure and somehow transfer those to the portable format then it may be possible depending on the video container used.

If you output to a movie-only blu-ray structure then the chapter poins should be maintained, as technically you'd only be stripping the extra's and shrinking the video.

when it's ready & released.

the guy has a right to get more than that as an answer ... this thread was started about 1 year ago and the last update to the OP was way back in november ....

cinavia is spreading like a wildfire .... need some new software

the guy has a right to get more than that as an answer
Why?

... this thread was started about 1 year ago and the last update to the OP was way back in november ....

cinavia is spreading like a wildfire .... need some new software
If you think it's that easy, develop your own software. Since no software company has yet to come up with a permanent solution, you'll make a ton of money.

can't answer the question fully on that one, as the build this thread was based on was not capable of fully. The m2ts files on a blu-ray disc on themselves do not have chapterpoints defined in them like the vob files have for DVD's. Chapter points are defined in the other files that make up the menu and tell it where each chapter starts/ends.

If you output to a mobile format, then i doubt it will maintain those chapter poins. If slyce is built to read the structure and somehow transfer those to the portable format then it may be possible depending on the video container used.

If you output to a movie-only blu-ray structure then the chapter poins should be maintained, as technically you'd only be stripping the extra's and shrinking the video.

Yeah I would be doing a movie-only for my home theater so it doesn't have to be mounted & would start right away. That way I can just have the lossless soundtrack & subtitles if they are needed.

No menus. I just wanted to have the ability to forward or reverse a chapter.

Will it also keep the point in the movie where you stopped it if you come back later to it?

about the pause & resume, no idea yet either. I havent seen many standalone players that support pause/resume from a simple avi file either. Afaik the ability to pause/resume is tied to a menu.

I would be ripping a movie only file to my HTPC which is hooked up to my plasma.

So I would need a main menu to skip chapters & pause & resume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back