• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
question about encoder

this is a question for the devs and the beta testers. im wondering what software is used to encode your video.
im asking because this seems to to a encode of the video, similar to clone dvd mobile. is it using your existing builds of mencoder of FFmpeg or will it be using another product, a completely custom software, or will it be a simple convert.

this is a question for the devs and the beta testers. im wondering what software is used to encode your video.
im asking because this seems to to a encode of the video, similar to clone dvd mobile. is it using your existing builds of mencoder of FFmpeg or will it be using another product, a completely custom software, or will it be a simple convert.

The used codecs at the time i created this topic are already listed. I suggest you take a look at the very first few posts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

thanks for the reply
i went over it again and this is the closest thing i see to it
3) Here you can select your video settings to be used. In my limited copy currently on avi and mkv are available. Engines are currently "copy" and "x264". More specs will be below
it has no mention of the software used to encode the video

i found the encoder by in clone dvd mobile by going to the install location/apps (like so)
slysoft.JPG

most people don't care about this but one reason i chose slysoft for my decrypting and encoding needs is uses open source software.

What do you think x264 is. The encoder like ffmpeg.

What do you think x264 is. The encoder like ffmpeg.

i know x264 as a codec not as an encoder or encoding software. my question is not what formats are encoded, as that is already answered. but what software is actually doing the encoding.

i found the encoder by in clone dvd mobile by going to the install location/apps (like so)
View attachment 23245

most people don't care about this but one reason i chose slysoft for my decrypting and encoding needs is uses open source software.
You didn't need to go that far. This acknowledgement (generally required when using open-source code) is on CloneDVD mobile's description page:
CloneDVD mobile is powered by MEncoder, the well-engineered open source project. More information about MEncoder can be found at www.mplayerhq.hu.
AFAIK no other SlySoft product, except the free ReClock (started as FOSS by someone else before being assumed by SlySoft), uses open-source software or has a similar disclaimer. Elby, which still develops CloneDVD & VCD, created CloneCD before selling it to SlySoft, and wrote the original alpha code that SlySoft polished into AnyDVD (the HD side is all SlySoft), wasn't an open-source developer; AFAIK neither was Jacal Software, the creator of GameJackal. So far, all the big-dollar code here (AnyDVD, regular CloneDVD, CloneCD, GameJackal) is closed-source -- and should be to make it harder to crack.

I can't completely exclude the use of open-source software in Slyce; virtually all unlicensed BD decoders & encoders to date rely heavily on open-source or other freely available software. IF such code is used in Slyce, I'm sure SlySoft will properly disclose it per the relevant licenses, as they do for CloneDVD mobile & ReClock. However, don't be surprised if SlySoft is writing its own decoder and/or encoder code for Slyce.

Last edited:
i know x264 as a codec not as an encoder or encoding software. my question is not what formats are encoded, as that is already answered. but what software is actually doing the encoding.

x264 is an encoder, not a codec...

@Slysoft: We've already established the fact that Slyce will be done when it's done and not a day sooner. The majority of the community don't bug you about release dates.

However the purpose of this thread is to discuss about the product's features and development and forgive me for saying so, but it's been awfully quiet. Would you care to answer questions that have to do with the product's features? I, for one, would like to know the following:

1. Are you contemplating releasing a less than complete version (maybe just the basic features and build slowly from there), or do you plan to release the full version when it's good and ready?

2. Will Slyce encode in HEVC upon initial release or is this something you plan to implement at a later stage?

3. Maybe a bit premature (or maybe not, depending on the status of Slyce's development), but have you performed comparisons against Handbrake or BDRebuilder using similar settings to give us an idea whether Slyce will be faster, slower, about the same when encoding using similar settings?

4. Any idea about pricing (even rough figures)?

5. The exact hour and date of release (just kidding :) )

Cmon guys, let us know how it goes, whether it's looking good, share some news, the features that are ready, ok?

Yeah, but there is a reason why even after 5 years now, BD-Rebuilder is still in beta and J-Dobbs still hasn't decided to sell it yet.

It's a rather funky program using various different pieces of software. When I use it, I use DGDecNV (which I had to pay a license for separately) to do the decoding since it's oftentimes more accurate at decoding frames than ffdshow or FFMPEGSource. It's a miracle that BD-Rebuilder works as well as it does, but I doubt that Slysoft wants to sell a program built with a bunch of open source and closed source apps that they don't control. If they utilize one open-source app in Slyce, it's probably X264. I wouldn't be surprised if the other apps are done inhouse.

When you sell software, you're not just selling the software, you're selling technical support too. When somebody e-mails you and asks why your product isn't functioning correctly, you can't say "well the problem is with TSMuxer, and we don't control that program, sorry we can't help ya". Your answer must be "Yes sir, we'll get right on it". Besides X264, I don't think you can count on the other apps BD-Rebuilder uses to be stable enough to release as a commercial product.

so im gathering that i was wrong about 2 things.
  1. about x264 being a just a specification
  2. slyce using a customized build of an encoder

You didn't need to go that far. This acknowledgement (generally required when using open-source code) is on CloneDVD mobile's description page

sorry for taking the long way, as it has been years since i visited the product pages because i have lifetime subscriptions to anything i need anyDVD HD, CloneDVD 2, cloneDVD Modile
so please excuse me for not remembering that that's there

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
It's clearly possible to do since many authors do use one track, and set the appropriate flag to turn on the ones that are required. (Like non-English dialog translations in an English language movie)
Do you have an example of a film that does this?

Underworld Awakening

There are others - not a huge population, but it is annoying having to hit subtitle multiple times because one of the subtitle tracks is just for forced subtitles. Not very clean BR authoring in my opinion.

Nope, didn't get a new yet. So no new info till i get it.

I Hope an awnser

Nope, didn't get a new yet. So no new info till i get it.

Hi Ch3vr0n,
Can you tell me if them we can buy Slyce before 2014 or not?

Thank's

I don't work for slysoft so no, not really. Combining that with the fact that I'm still waiting on a new beta and that 2014 is only 2 months away I'd think its pretty safe to say that a retail release chance is close to zero.

Compression with Slyce: BD-R50 -> BD-R25

Ch3vr0n, you mentioned in the above list of Slyce capabilities: •1:1 copy (BD25 to BD25, BD50 to BD50)

I am just wondering if there's a possibility of BD50 -> BD25? For my part, the 25 discs are so much cheaper ($30 USD) and the 50 discs $150 USD, and I would love that compression capability. If not, that's OK and we just have to deal with it. But I would surely love this capability. Thank you so much for your time :) and sorry if I missed something somewhere and it's already been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back