• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.1.3.3 Hardware decoding causes audio to lag behind video.

Hw acc doesn't work? Read this https://forum.redfox.bz/index.php?threads/71266/
Sync issues? Let's start with you providing a CloneBD logfile shall we? Before we start accusing anyone is 'doing it wrong' or threatening with 'the competition'. My encodes and I've done numerous ones work just fine and so it is for lots of others too.

Oh and the fact that you are a RedFox user means nothing in this case. CloneBD is EXCLUSIVELY sold and DEVELOPED by elaborate bytes (elby.ch). Not RedFox, they simply host the forum for them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Let me be clear... I'm going to indicate my tone of voice for each statement because communicating emotion in written posts is hard. We as human beings tend to take comments in the worst possible way or at least in a way that reflects our personality. So for the general peace, I am providing the cues. For my part, there were no threats. No threats. As for your perception you have my apologies. So let me start again.

1. (This would be a little, just a little, sarcasm) Well then they share no responsibility. Gosh. They just host it. (Mild sarcasm ends and sincerity begins) This product was brought to me by SlySoft a company I have trusted with my money and my encodes for over a decade. I like them. I support them. I have bought lifetime licenses for all the products they produce and promote. Slysoft is gone and Redfox is here. I support them and bought a new license for their "new" product and services.
2. (This would be a little indignation but sincere and honestly not with venom) I'm not going to post any logs or pursue a "fix" for this product that according to posts dating back to 2015 has had audio sync issues across multiple versions. (Sincere) I'm genuinely happy that your rips are all in sync. I have, as of checking last night, twenty movies encoded with Clone BD with audio sync issues. I have no desire to become an unpaid product trouble shooter for Elby. It does not work for me so I will go back to something that does work for me.
3. (Sincerity) This is not the only problem I have with the product. I have multiple movies that Clone BD "cannot generate a hash". I know, I know there is likely a fix for this but HB has no issue with these discs at all. As a consumer, this bothers me a lot. I expect a none beta release product to work on the basic stuff.
4. (Calm sincerity) Regarding CUDA and Intel acceleration. The quality of the rips using either vs not using is clearly visible to my eye. when I turn it off judder is reduced. When I don't use it picture quality improves overall. Based on research on the internet it "may" be better with the latest hardware but I've got what I've got. I can wait a little longer for my discs to encode. This is not an ELBY problem. This is not a RedFox problem. It's just a problem I was pointing out. Sorry for any confusion.

(Firm Sincerity) I will copy and paste all of this into a complaint to ELBY but I honestly feel that RedFox shares responsibility for my disappointment in this product they are promoting and supporting. I'm a customer. They should care about my experience and my feedback. I didn't write this to be a dick. I'm not a Handbrake troll.

(Firmly) I will not use this product again. I will not promote this product and if anyone asks my opinion I will convey my experiences with it. I'm sorry if you think that is a threat. It's not. It's a statement of fact. I have deleted the program.

(Sincerely) I do wish you, and all CloneBD users the best. I wish it worked for me and all the other users having problems.

Be well and thank you for responding so quickly to my post.

Last edited:
1. No it wasn't. Slysoft didn't sell it either. CloneBD hadn't been released when slysoft got shut down, it was still in development under the internal "Slyce" name. And no they don't have any responsibility for it. They only host the support forums (like they do for CloneDVD2), any and all development is done by Elby
2. If you're not willing to post logs on discs that give you sync issues then why are you here? They can't come up with a magical fix for your issues, if you're not willing to post the CloneBD logs for titles that have what you say sync issues. As with anydvd, no logfile = we can't help you. End of story. You don't have to become a troubleshooter, post the log explain what's happening and the devs can diagnose the logfile
3. hash error > logfile. No logfile = we can't help you. It works on "basic stuff" what you call it just fine for lots of other users. I've done a couple hundred encodes now both with and without hw acc (when it wasn't even possible to do hw acc) to disc and portable format. ZERO sync issues
4. Hw acc = read the sticky i gave you. Certain hw is required for it to work

Elby DOES care about your experience and feedback. YOU on the other hand don't seem to care to give them the logfile info they need to HELP YOU. There's a difference. Same thing if you had bought a brand new car. All of a sudden you hear some engine noises but you refuse to bring it back to the garage. You'd expect the garage to magically tell you what the problem is and fix it if you're not willing to bring it to the shop?

Redfox isn't the one that has to listen to your complaint in this case, Elby is but again, you're refusing to give them the info they need for a fix. The fact that you're a paying redfox customer is irrelevant in this case. You purchased CloneBD from ELBY. You have issues with an ELBY product, though you're refusing to give ELBY the diagnostic tools they need to resolve it or find the cause.

Nobody's calling you a dick or a handbrake troll or think your post is a thread. You've got a right to say what's on your mind, but you've got to be willing to give the info the developers need to provide a potential fix.

As to "all the other users", you can't speak for them. They're issues may be similar but at least they usually give the logfiles needed AND get a fix.

It's up to you, the ball is in your court.

No logfile = no fix. It's that simple

Chev...

1. I read the thread from your first reply to me. While useful information it's all information I had when I started looking into why CUDA and Intel encodes looked so awful.

2. CUDA issues on Clone BD. The picture looked more pixelated with high-speed side to side motion than without CUDA. Also, an increase in overall MPEG artifacts vs. no CUDA in Clone BD. while I don't have the latest NVIDIA graphics chip it is a 640 series. I've used it successfully when encoding video in Adobe Premier. That's my hardware. That's my experience.
Intel issues are pretty much similar in both Clone BD and Handbrake. Massive decrease in ripping time but a noticeable picture quality tradeoff. I'd rather just have a good looking rip without the compromise in picture quality.

3. I've been encoding with Handbrake for years with no acceleration and I've never had an audio sync issue on DVD or Blu-ray. Never. It has just worked. I've had this issue with other programs that, like Clone BD, offer a simplified interface or features, like setting your target file size that irritatingly Handbrake does not support, but when it comes to the basics Handbrake works consistently without having to trouble shoot with the software developers. I don't want to figure out why CloneBD has a sync issue. I don't want to spend any more time trying to figure it out. The reason I posted was to add my voice of dissatisfaction to the community so when someone else is considering switching to Clone BD they are aware there are and have been basic issues for customers that bought it.

4. I really do appreciate your response. BTW I'm pretty darn sure I got CloneBD when Slysoft was still around. But let's say I'm wrong about the timing. I don't care because my point is that SlySoft/RedFox is still the gateway for my information and introduction to the Clone BD product. In my opinion, they do share some responsibility. I don't want money from them. I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I don't hate them for it. I won't stop endorsing their amazing AnyDVD product because of it. I want them to know. I hope that they care.

I'm not interested in helping Elby fix the problem because between writing these posts and re-ripping my discs in Handbrake I've spent far too much time with this problem and I have no more time to give it. I have already deleted the install. I have no logs to share even if I was so inclined to do so. Keep in mind I paid money for this product that does not work. Audio and Video are two basic and irreplaceable elements of DVD ripping. It's not a bug when a fundamental part of the product is not working correctly. It's a flaw.

End Of Line.

Peace and Buyer Beware

Logs aren't created until you tell CloneBD to make one. As to the fix you want, it's never going to happen unless you process a disc that's fixing you issues and supply the logs. No logs, no fix

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I'm not interested in helping Elby fix the problem because between writing these posts and re-ripping my discs in Handbrake I've spent far too much time with this problem

All the time you spent writing this enormous amount of lines just for a rant, which really helps nobody, including yourself, you could've invested in simply supplying a log file.
You don't want this solved, you've made that much clear, so let everybody else here put their time to a more useful purpose than this pointless arguing.

Well, now I tried several conversions with several discs, tried to get as close as possible to what @PJB7669 might have had set (with what little information he gave) and there was not a single result with even a hint of sync problems.

Since there was no tangible evidence or helpful information provided other than generic ranting, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was just badmouthing CloneBD for whatever reason and as far as I'm concerned, there is no such problem.

Thread and case closed.

Back