• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.1.3.3 Hardware decoding causes audio to lag behind video.

BrianG61UK

Trying to convert main feature of "A Letter to Momo" BD to HEVC MKV file.
Using H/W decoding and H/W encoding results in audio being well behind the video.
Changing to S/W decoding and H/W encoding fixes it but slows things down significantly.

Attachments

• drone.nvidia.exe -supportedcodecs.txt
    416 bytes · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.0.9.4_Info_S_A Letter to Momo.ziplog
    158.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ALTM HH 2.cbdlog
    304.5 KB · Views: 1
I seem to be having a similar issue as you are but I am using a later version of CloneBD. Fabian has advised that he is looking into the issue of "out of sync audio"
You think so? Please check then, if it makes a difference whether you transcode with or without acceleration.
Somehow, I don't think your issue is related, it just happens to have a similar effect.

I have no problem bowing to your expertise Pete. I will be more cautious before venturing an opinion.

I have no problem bowing to your expertise Pete. I will be more cautious before venturing an opinion.
No, seriously: can you please check if it makes a difference. You, too, if I recall correctly, are using nVidia acceleration?
So does it or doesn't it make a difference, if you turn it off?
It would help a lot, if we knew, which discs we can reproduce this with.

I seem to be having a similar issue as you are but I am using a later version of CloneBD. Fabian has advised that he is looking into the issue of "out of sync audio"
I did try again with the new CloneBD 1.1.3.4 (and AnyDVD 8.0.9.6) and it seemed to be the same.

No, seriously: can you please check if it makes a difference. You, too, if I recall correctly, are using nVidia acceleration?
So does it or doesn't it make a difference, if you turn it off?
It would help a lot, if we knew, which discs we can reproduce this with.
Pete I turned off all acceleration but left the setting "highest quality" on. This had a significant effect on the processing speed I was particularly concerned about the remaining time indicator which ranged from 13hrs after 6mins playing, 7hrs 30mins and 10hrs after 20mins The only way I can tell if the audio synchronisation has changed is after I have made a recording but I have attached a log file before aborting the process and a screenshot.Please let me know what else you require?

Attachments

• pete.cbdlog
    236.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pulp fiction no acceleration.jpg
    pulp fiction no acceleration.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 13
Pete I turned off all acceleration but left the setting "highest quality" on. This had a significant effect on the processing speed I was particularly concerned about the remaining time indicator which ranged from 13hrs after 6mins playing, 7hrs 30mins and 10hrs after 20mins The only way I can tell if the audio synchronisation has changed is after I have made a recording but I have attached a log file before aborting the process and a screenshot.Please let me know what else you require?
Please don't turn off hardware encoding.
(as an aside software encoding is really only practical on "fastest" setting)
We are trying to find out if hardware decoding is the problem so just set decoding to software and leave encoding as hardware.
Thanks.

@Pete I made a further recording using different settings but the result was the same. Screenshot and Log File attached

Attachments

• changed acceleration.jpg
    changed acceleration.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 15
  • pete2RE.cbdlog
    241 KB · Views: 3
I tried again with CloneBD 1.1.4.0 and AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.6 and there is still a problem with hardware decoding + hardware encoding.
But I did notice that software decoding + hardware encoding seems pretty fast now. Quite fast enough for me, especially since I usually rip direct from the disk.
I don't know if Elby changed something or maybe my minds playing tricks on me and I just thought it was significantly slower before.

EDIT: To clarify software decoding with hardware encoding (to make HEVC MKV file) works correctly for me and seems to go at a good speed too.

Last edited:
I had the same impression the initial process showed higher fps rate but burning was more difficult to assess because I am using re-writable disc the speed for which is 2 x.

I'm also having similar issues. I've tried converting disc to both iso and mkv for Allegiant and Nerve, ISO appears to be fine, but making an MKV eventually results in out of sync audio by the last half of both movies. I have similar problems with pre-existing ISOs that I'm trying to convert to MKV.

Let me know if there's anything I can do/provide that can help here, it's a pretty frustrating issue lol.

With hardware decoding and hardware encoding (NVIDIA) I was seeing out of sync audio right from the start of playback of the MKV file.
Seems to be fixed, or possibly just much reduced, by changing to software decoding and hardware encoding.

With hardware decoding and hardware encoding (NVIDIA) I was seeing out of sync audio right from the start of playback of the MKV file.
Seems to be fixed, or possibly just much reduced, by changing to software decoding and hardware encoding.

This is being worked on right now.

Version 1.1.5.1. Blu-ray rip to H.264 MP4. No Cuda. No Acceleration for encoding or decoding. Using the same machine I use for Handbrake. About a third of the way through my rips, on average, audio starts getting out of sync with the video. At first, I thought it was my imagination but as the movies progress the sync issue becomes worse. Really pisses my off because I bought a lifetime license. Ripped about twenty images and now I have to do all the work over again in Handbrake. This is a big problem that, based on my research, has been going on for years with this program. How can you sell it to the public? I should have done the research first before buying and using it but I trusted you. How many people have used this to encode their libraries and will only discover, at some later date, the encodes are out of sync. I've been a SlySoft and now RedFox customer for over a decade and the first time you disappoint you do it really big. BTW, not your fault as it sucks on Handbrake as well, but CUDA (NA for HB) and QUICKSYNC (HB) modes encode for crap which is why I was not doing any acceleration. Maybe you can give me my money back, and I stress maybe, but the time I've wasted on this product I'll never get back. You guys know who the competition is. There's no excuse for getting it this wrong and for so long across so many versions.

Hw acc doesn't work? Read this https://forum.redfox.bz/index.php?threads/71266/
Sync issues? Let's start with you providing a CloneBD logfile shall we? Before we start accusing anyone is 'doing it wrong' or threatening with 'the competition'. My encodes and I've done numerous ones work just fine and so it is for lots of others too.

Oh and the fact that you are a RedFox user means nothing in this case. CloneBD is EXCLUSIVELY sold and DEVELOPED by elaborate bytes (elby.ch). Not RedFox, they simply host the forum for them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Last edited:
At first, I thought it was my imagination but as the movies progress the sync issue becomes worse.

I have many - really many - MKV copies made with CloneBD and audio/video is spot-on throughout the movies.
There were problems with a/v lag in the past (many months ago), yes, but have since been resolved.

The particular disc in question in this thread has an authoring bug, that triggered a sync problem (the first second of the video can't be decoded, due to missing frames) and a workaround has been applied.
So that doesn't count either (also, please don't hijack other people's troubleshooting threads, unless you have the same problem - this one here has long been resolved).

I suggest you create an own thread, describe exactly what you're doing with more substantial information and less accusation.
I'll promote CloneBD over Handbrake any day, if only for usability. But it's also become a very reliable program by now.

If there is a problem, it will be found.

Back