• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.2.6

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneBD.exe

1.0.2.6 2015-01-05
  • New: Preliminary support for Chromecast (full support in a couple of days)
  • Fix: Crash when reading unusually long descriptors. [#670 #670, #673, #677, #678, #679, #684, #685, #692, #698, #706]
  • Fix: Crash in some situations when disc has been removed after transcoding [#668]
  • Fix: "A Million ways to Die in the West" has line breaks authored into the disc description, resulting in a non-writable output file name. Removing line breaks now. [#865]
  • Fix: Apply correct bitrate, when no actual recompression is required
  • Fix: When titles got trimmed, intime and outtime values in .clpi and .mpls files sometimes weren't updated accordingly.
  • Fix: Crash when saving project data for discs with many streams.
  • Fix: Some AVC streams are now decoded correctly
  • Fix: Better support for playback in Quicktime (though it does not fix all issues yes)
  • Fix: Improved handling of matroska containers
  • Fix: Faster x264 encoding
  • Fix: More AVC restrictions for playback on some hardware players (Panasonic)
  • Fix: Improved audio floating-point handling
  • Fix: Fome issues with audio distortion (EAC-3, MLP)
  • Fix: Improved handling of MPEG-4 ISO containers (aka .mp4)
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

New: Preliminary support for Chromecast (full support in a couple of days)

AWESOME, as i literally picked one of these things up last saturday?

What exactly will "full support" mean. CloneBD act as a media server with transcoding on-the-fly or something? Or simply that it will be able to do a movie-only output through partial copy with a Chromecast profile? Currently can't find a "Google" entry under "more devices"

Last edited:
Support for Chromecast? WHY??? CloneBD should do the elemantary things, so i think the developers should not work on new things that are not needed now. Or do they have same time left for new things???

So when are we going to get the ability to make MKV's with untouched video & audio? At the moment it always seems to set the highest point on the slider to about half the size or less of the original m2ts files, so on KungFu Panda 2 the original m2ts file is 27GB, but CloneBD only allows me to set the slider to around 9GB, on Winter soldier the original is around 41GB but I can only set the slider to around 21GB

Last edited:
So when are we going to get the ability to make MKV's with untouched video & audio? At the moment it always seems to set the highest point on the slider to about half the size or less of the original m2ts files, so on KungFu Panda 2 the original m2ts file is 27GB, but CloneBD only allows me to set the slider to around 9GB, on Winter soldier the original is around 41GB but I can only set the slider to around 21GB

they do say:

Fix: Apply correct bitrate, when no actual recompression is required

So maybe it has been fixed??? Will have to try

I tried Godzilla....it said the destination file will be about 20 GB. At least the ripping worked in 45 minutes!!! (i got no preview video). At the end the file neede more than a BD-25. That was not the goal that i wanted to reach.

PS: I use a Samsung Ultrabook with only 2 cores!

It still tries to re-encode which is why I posted, also if you can't set the slider to be bigger than the original file how can it know you want it untouched?

Support for Chromecast? WHY??? CloneBD should do the elemantary things, so i think the developers should not work on new things that are not needed now. Or do they have same time left for new things???
New features are exciting and revolutionary, take a leap of faith and look forward to a great program, for me, this new beta does everything I ask of it, now its going to do even more.:clap:

It still tries to re-encode which is why I posted, also if you can't set the slider to be bigger than the original file how can it know you want it untouched?

You are right...it still reencodes, only with a much much better bitrate. I set target at BD-50...but I only needed 22 gig for movie only and 1 audio stream. This should be a demux and remux...end of story. But it insists on reencoding. The devs need to look at CloneDVD, which will not transcode if the target size is sufficient.

Your Right

The Devs need to FOCUS on what is being reported back to them and NOT run off in other directions.
Doing that is fine when you have resolved fundamental issues.
At the moment, the whole thing has the feel of a bunch of Uni Grads let loose.

New features are exciting and revolutionary, take a leap of faith and look forward to a great program, for me, this new beta does everything I ask of it, now its going to do even more.:clap:

I think it´s nice to have some new features in the future. But for me this program doesn´t do what i want. Just rip a BD to a working BD-25 that can be played on a standalone player like the ps3 or ps4. So i don´t need any new features at the moment. Maybe it would be better to integrate them in near future updates if the programs does its elemantary things!

Your Right

The Devs need to FOCUS on what is being reported back to them and NOT run off in other directions.
Doing that is fine when you have resolved fundamental issues.
At the moment, the whole thing has the feel of a bunch of Uni Grads let loose.

LOL.....uni grads...

Here, in my mind, is what needs to be done before any new "features" are added

1. If no re-encoding needs to be done (the case for most movie only operations), then demux and remux...simple as that. No re-encoding
2. Offer audio processing....for example, the "HD" audio to AC3 448, this is very useful, believe it or not
3. The result of 1 means you can get lossless MKV, which has been clamored for. The result of 2 allows you to have lossless video, but reduced audio, to perhaps burn later
4. Get rid of the stupid logo (LOL)

to me 1 and 2 are a must for the long-run success of this program. (IMO)

I agree with above statements, Ron, the partial copy for creating the main movie with a pass through of the lossless audio and the need to create an AC3 audio track as an additional track. Also, i would like to see "forced subtitles" incorporated into any movies that have them. I have used 2 free apps to do my existing subtitles but it would be nice if CloneBD could do it all. Thanks for initial release and looking forward to seeing it evolve.

Fixing more important problems first

I think that doener25 is right. All efforts should be concentrated on making CloneBD work correctly on every function it has now. New things can wait ! I bought the lifetime license and I'm still not using CloneBD. CloneBD should be able to transcode and compress to fit movies to a 25GB Blu-ray disc (meaning in between 22.3GB and 23.3GB).........and it shouldn't trancode (compress) when it doesn't need to. It should also be able to keep the original menu of the movie. This feature is not available now, but it's necessary and should be added soon.

Thanks a lot for everything

Selectable mkv subtitles available?

Fix: Improved handling of matroska containers

Is a little vague, I was specifically hoping this refers to having the subtitles on a cloned movie are now able to be turned on/off ?

The preview window shows them but the mkv output did not seem to have the subtitles.

I think that doener25 is right. All efforts should be concentrated on making CloneBD work correctly on every function it has now. New things can wait ! I bought the lifetime license and I'm still not using CloneBD. CloneBD should be able to transcode and compress to fit movies to a 25GB Blu-ray disc (meaning in between 22.3GB and 23.3GB).........and it shouldn't trancode (compress) when it doesn't need to. It should also be able to keep the original menu of the movie. This feature is not available now, but it's necessary and should be added soon.

Thanks a lot for everything

Agreed
When Clone BD does what it claims....

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc. With just a few clicks you can choose to make a partial copy of selected titles, audio languages, and subtitle languages, or you can do a straight 1:1 complete copy of your Blu-ray.

Then they can explore other features. I have nothing but coasters with clonebd, not able to back up ANY movie to watch on bluray set top player, which was great about standard DVD version and the reason why I bought clonebd in the first place. No muss no fuss perfect back up every time. They really need to look at what made them so successful and get that in order before going off in new directions. CloneBD is not even usable as it stands right now by itself. Using 3rd party software, ISO's, Imageburn et al is not what clonebd claims to be about. CloneBD should at least do what clonedvd does only in bluray format period. I think that what folks want and expected. If/When it does that, complaints will go away.

Agreed
When Clone BD does what it claims....

Then they can explore other features. I have nothing but coasters with clonebd, not able to back up ANY movie to watch on bluray set top player, which was great about standard DVD version and the reason why I bought clonebd in the first place. No muss no fuss perfect back up every time. They really need to look at what made them so successful and get that in order before going off in new directions. CloneBD is not even usable as it stands right now by itself. Using 3rd party software, ISO's, Imageburn et al is not what clonebd claims to be about. CloneBD should at least do what clonedvd does only in bluray format period. I think that what folks want and expected. If/When it does that, complaints will go away.
Oh yea of little faith, good things come to those who wait.

Oh yea of little faith, good things come to those who wait.

Agreed
Do have faith in your ability to deliver what you promise or would not have bought in, w/o even taking the 21 day trial, but with this caveat, already waited very long time just for CloneBD to appear, perhaps that's why all this disappointment in what was released. To paraphrase the great Dusty Springfield wishin' and hopin' those good things you speak of come sooner than later =)). How sweet it will be to just have it work like CloneDVD2. Then if you wanna add all kinds of bells and whistles, great.

Back