• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.2.6

Agreed
Do have faith in your ability to deliver what you promise or would not have bought in, w/o even taking the 21 day trial, but with this caveat, already waited very long time just for CloneBD to appear, perhaps that's why all this disappointment in what was released. To paraphrase the great Dusty Springfield wishin' and hopin' those good things you speak of come sooner than later =)). How sweet it will be to just have it work like CloneDVD2. Then if you wanna add all kinds of bells and whistles, great.
In development sometimes if you want to enable something in the future you have to add the code to the existing program modules so they can recognize them. Surely you don't want people to have to do things twice, if you write things in order its easier to make it work.

In development sometimes if you want to enable something in the future you have to add the code to the existing program modules so they can recognize them. Surely you don't want people to have to do things twice, if you write things in order its easier to make it work.

Can't understand why whomever didn't just modify clonedvd to accept or "understand" bluray, call it clonebd, and go from there? I'm sure I've oversimplified it, but seems like a logical plan of attack to me.

Then there's the competition not naming names obviously but I'm wagering you know who they are. One has been smoothly decrypting and burning bluray for over a year, others require anyDVD, but they work :agree:

Perhaps you can use some help, one of my daughters graduated magna cum laude from University of Pittsburgh in Information Technology, just attained a masters degree in programming from Penn State, major universities in US and was heavily recruited by Carnegie Mellon who I'm sure you heard of, but out of our financial range...?

Yes you have oversimplified it. Blu-rays don't have the same structure as DVD's so it's not that simple

Guardians of the Galaxy - US BD

Guardians of the Galaxy - Still no success

Progress? - maybe, CloneBD crashed at 82%, previous versions were like 30%

Wasn't CloneBD supposed to support GPUs? This thing max out all my 8 CPU cores but doesn't touch the SLI/Cuda GPUs.

View attachment 25836

I had no issues copying 1:1 copy of Guardians of the Galaxy using the current versions of AnyDVDHD w/ CloneBD

I had no issues copying 1:1 copy of Guardians of the Galaxy using the current versions of AnyDVDHD w/ CloneBD

I'm not doing 1:1 copies. I'm trying to do what I used to do with CloneDVD(mobile) - ie Rip to a AVI/MP4/MKV container with the intent to play on a non Blue-Ray device.

And a stupid question - Do I need CloneBD to do 1:1? Isn't AnyDVD enough? (rip to ISO -> burn ISO to BD)

Last edited:
A 1:1 copy in CloneBD refers to keeping the full Blu-ray disc structure but normally shrinking it down to a smaller size.

A 1:1 copy in CloneBD refers to keeping the full Blu-ray disc structure but normally shrinking it down to a smaller size.

Are you sure? When I hear "1:1", I understand that to mean no transcoding.

I plan to use CloneBD to remove unwanted features --once it's solid and once it no longer transcodes unnecessarily.

Robert

I'm sure. In CloneBD when you hover the mouse over the 'Complete Copy' option the tool tips comes up with 'Make a complete 1:1 copy of the entire disc'

I thought new updates were coming out every other Friday?
The updates will be out when they ready to be released, lets let the developers do what people want, Every other Friday was not written in stone. Thank you for your patience.

How do you disable the video preview?

I tried Godzilla....it said the destination file will be about 20 GB. At least the ripping worked in 45 minutes!!! (i got no preview video). At the end the file neede more than a BD-25. That was not the goal that i wanted to reach.

I love the fact that even at twice the normal running time of the original movie, the rips are still much faster than with Handbrake, but how did you manage to reduce the rip time to a fraction of the actual movie runtime? How do you disable the video preview?

Can't embed subtitles in MKVs

Fix: Improved handling of matroska containers

Is a little vague, I was specifically hoping this refers to having the subtitles on a cloned movie are now able to be turned on/off ?

The preview window shows them but the mkv output did not seem to have the subtitles.

This is exactly what I was checking the forums for...any mention of the "missing" subtitles. I was wondering if I have been doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem I'm the only one with this problem. I always rip/convert to Matroska containers, because I like to include the subtitles. (I don't know if you can do so with other containers like MPEG4.) Anyway, I've tried playing the resulting MKVs in VLC and WMP on my Windows clients, just to make sure CloneBD wasn't encoding in a format that one play might not understand; I've also played the MKVs in MX Player on my smartphone, as well as on my Samsung AllShare-enabled home theatre receiver, but I still can't seem to find any subtitles to play. However, if I rip the movies with Handbrake, I can play the subtitles on all the aforementioned players and devices, so I know the players and devices are capable of playing subtitles. (Oddly enough, it doesn't seem PowerDVD can play any embedded subtitles - at least, I haven't been able to get them to play. Anyway...)

Has anyone else come across this? Are there any CloneBD workarounds or specific procedures for successfully embedding subtitles in your MKVs? Is there an ETA for a fix?

I love the fact that even at twice the normal running time of the original movie, the rips are still much faster than with Handbrake, but how did you manage to reduce the rip time to a fraction of the actual movie runtime? How do you disable the video preview?

Check 1.0.2.7 that just came out.
1.0.2.7 2015-01-21

New: Data rate display. While transcoding, user can switch now between preview and data rate (preview disabled completely)

Doesn't seem any faster

Check 1.0.2.7 that just came out.

Thanks, mmdavis, I paused my current rip of Rock of Ages (I was 22% through), installed 1.0.2.7, and found that you can only pause and return to processing a video, if you don't close out of the CloneBD session. Anyway, I do see the new Data Rate tab, but the preview is still running in the background (in the Preview tab), so the processing isn't any faster. Now that I'm at 2% processing, I still have about another 3 hours left to process this movie.

My original question was around how peto75 managed to encode a 2-hour movie in just 45 minutes; his post alludes to the fact that disabling the movie preview did the trick on a dual-core Samsung ultrabook. I've got a dual-core AiO PC (not the fastest, at 3GHz, but not the slowest, either), and the job doesn't seem to be going any faster in Data Rate view.

Well, at least it's still encoding. Let's see if I have any luck with this version of CloneBD and my other issue, which is the missing subtitles...

Back