• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD Audio Issues

Be advised though, that removing cinavia comes with a side effect to the background audio. It will be slightly warped (speedup/slowdown effect), some find it acceptable others extremely annoying.
Thanks. Yes, I saw the comments even back in the SLYSOFT days about the audio. Voices were okay but most complained about music sounding like it was in a tunnel. I'll just to try and see for myself if it's unplayable to the point where I just break out the original. Kinda defeats the purpose of the NAS though.
Thanks again for helping me!

CloneBD is still capable of removing it in conjunction with AnyDVD. That option must currently not be available (yet?) for mp4 conversion. If you'll go through the process of full disc copy, you will see that downconvert option there.

@Pete any reason why that option isn't available for mobile format conversion?
I hope that a later version will support downconversion and transcoding to mobile format in a single step, maximizing GPU utilization for the entire process. Transcoding the .ISO to .MP4 using default quality settings took only 10 minutes with my GTX980ti, while the same process took almost an hour with my Intel 5960X Haswell-E CPU using Handbrake--plus an hour to make the .ISO using ANYDVD HD.

But after testing the copy after removing Cinavia, I can't tolerate the tinny sound. Sounds like you're listening to the movie from a tiny speaker at the bottom of a metal pipe. BD video resolution is excellent, even at the mid-range quality setting, and transcoding via GPU is a huge improvement over Handbrake, so I still consider CloneBD to be a great product. But in my opinion, it's not the answer to Cinavia copy protection in its current form.

Last edited:
But after testing the copy after removing Cinavia, I can't tolerate the tinny sound. Sounds like you're listening to the movie from a tiny speaker at the bottom of a metal pipe.
"Tinny sound": did you choose AAC as audio codec? There is some trouble with AAC as far as I know, so you should rather try AC3 or DTS.
Cinavia removal doesn't result in tinny sound, but can cause music to sound odd.

"Tinny sound": did you choose AAC as audio codec? There is some trouble with AAC as far as I know, so you should rather try AC3 or DTS.
Cinavia removal doesn't result in tinny sound, but can cause music to sound odd.
In the compression window on the right, there were only two "downconvert HD audio" choices, Dolby Digital AC3 or DTS. I chose AC3, keep original channels, and 640 kbps bitrate. I'm ripping another movie right now to test it again, but I haven't changed any settings from the first time.

In the compression window on the right, there were only two "downconvert HD audio" choices, Dolby Digital AC3 or DTS. I chose AC3, keep original channels, and 640 kbps bitrate. I'm ripping another movie right now to test it again, but I haven't changed any settings from the first time.

Oh, right, I somehow was thinking of MP4/MKV.
AC3 640 kbps should sound fine. Did you try without Cinavia removal enabled in AnyDVD to rule out, it's that?

Oh, right, I somehow was thinking of MP4/MKV.
AC3 640 kbps should sound fine. Did you try without Cinavia removal enabled in AnyDVD to rule out, it's that?
No, I didn't, because removing Cinavia was the whole point. However, I just made a copy of non-cinavia BD (leaving Cinavia removal checked in ANYDVD HD) just to see if the sound quality is just as bad.
Since the downconvert options are not available when transcoding to .MP4, I first made a full copy and then transcoded in a separate, second step. I hear the warbly music, but the surround is fading in and out, and the voices are very tinny. Unplayable IMHO.
I will now try the same non-cinavia movie .ISO with ANYDVD HD Cinavia removal turned off.

Do I have to re-rip the original BD with the ANYDVD HD "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy" settings option unchecked, or can I just CloneBD the .ISO I already made and uncheck the ANYDVD HD settings option after the .ISO was already made? I'm not 100% sure how CloneBD uses ANYDVD HD during its full copy process.

Last edited:
No you don't have to re-rip. Just disable the removal setting. AnyDVD only applies the removal fix through cloneBD, it cannot do it on it's own (ripping or not). CloneBD doesn't use anydvd, it's anydvd that (ab)uses CloneBD in the copy process with removal. CloneBD doesn't know or care AnyDVD is doing what it's doing. All it knows is it's been told to downscale the audio and thats what it'll do. AnyDVD detects the downscaling and taps into the audio processing "module" to apply the fix.

No, I didn't, because removing Cinavia was the whole point. However, I just made a copy of non-cinavia BD (leaving Cinavia removal checked in ANYDVD HD) just to see if the sound quality is just as bad.
Since the downconvert options are not available when transcoding to .MP4, I first made a full copy and then transcoded in a separate, second step. I hear the warbly music, but the surround is fading in and out, and the voices are very tinny. Unplayable IMHO.
I will now try the same non-cinavia movie .ISO with ANYDVD HD Cinavia removal turned off.

Do I have to re-rip the original BD with the ANYDVD HD "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy" settings option unchecked, or can I just CloneBD the .ISO I already made and uncheck the ANYDVD HD settings option after the .ISO was already made? I'm not 100% sure how CloneBD uses ANYDVD HD during its full copy process.

Ok, I used the original .ISO with the "remove Cinavia watermark" settings option unchecked in ANYDVD HD, and the music and voices now sound fine.

So it appears that the Cinavia removal process impacts more than just music. Fortunately, the use of Cinavia is not on all BD titles, but it really ruins those titles that are 'infected' with the 'Cinavia virus'!

I"m really impressed how quickly CloneBD makes copies due to its use of GPUs instead of the CPU. I used minimal compression during the copy process, so the file sizes are large, but still quite a bit smaller than the original BD, which is just what the doctor ordered for my NAS media library.

So if Sony wants to infect their BD titles, I won't buy them. Is there an up to date list of Cinavia-infected titles somewhere? I found older lists on the Internet, but nothing since 2014.

Using CloneBD's preview option is a great way of finding out which of the titles I already own are 'infected' and not worth archiving to my NAS! Just another great use for CloneBD!

Back