• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD Audio Issues

PieR8

For Cheveron

I read your instructions (quite simple) about making sure the remove Cinavia in clone bd is checked and then you said "In cloneBD on the page before you hit convert choose "downconvert audio"..."

I have the latest Clone BD and AnyDvD

I am good on the AnyDVD box being checked but for the life of me I can't find the "downconvert audio ...
"
All my rips the spoken audio is fine but the music in the background really stinks. Warbly and slows and then speeds up. I am thinking I need to find that "downcovert audio ..."

I think the resulting audio is called "The Flanger Effect"

Could you possible post a screen shot of where that "downconvert ..." is?

It is part of the CloneBD process on the "begin conversion" (the last page) page in the square headed "audio options" hope this helps.

It is part of the CloneBD process on the "begin conversion" (the last page) page in the square headed "audio options" hope this helps.
Any chance you can provide a screen shot of "the square headed "audio options"? I am feeling really dumb because I can't see it. Here is a screen shot of that page before I click begin conversion -

http://prntscr.com/dqxrfl

And is there a link to a manual. I need to learn how to crop.
Any and all help appreciated.

On the last page, before you hit 'begin conversion' there will be a small section on the right hand side with 3 bullet point style selection options listing

- use original audio
- downconvert HD audio
- downconvert all audio...

You need to select the middle or bottom one.

Those options are only visible on disc mode cloning. You're doing an mkv. That's the reason you don't see them.

In general most Cinavia detecting players do NOT detect it when playing a file such as mkv. I'm not sure if choosing a different audio bitrate triggers the 'side effect' too for mkv.

You should know when the removal method is being applied if AnyDVD's fox tray icon goes purple.

Removing Cinavia comes with a slight distortion to the background audio. This is normal for the current method, no news on a better fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

On the last page, before you hit 'begin conversion' there will be a small section on the right hand side with 3 bullet point style selection options listing

- use original audio
- downconvert HD audio

Those options are only visible on disc mode cloning. You're doing an mkv. That's the reason you don't see them.

In general most Cinavia detecting players do NOT detect it when playing a file such as mkv. I'm not sure if choosing a different audio bitrate triggers the 'side effect' too for mkv.

You should know when the removal method is being applied if AnyDVD's fox tray icon goes purple.

Removing Cinavia comes with a slight distortion to the background audio. This is normal for the current method, no news on a better fix.

Ok I think I have it. So it is a two step process. First create a new ISO with the step down audio and then create the .mkv file I need right?

And if the AnyDVD icon doesn't turn purple the disc is not cinavia protected?

I think I have gotten myself really confused. How can I tell if an ISO I download is Cinavia Protected or not?

And is there a manual for Clone BD so I can learn how to crop?

Last edited:
Ok I think I have it. So it is a two step process. First create a new ISO with the step down audio and then create the .mkv file I need right?

No, absolutely not.
It's a single step procedure.
Insert disc, have AnyDVD scan it, then create an MKV with CloneBD.
Just make sure, that on the last page, you don't select "lossless audio".

Whenever CloneBD recompresses audio, whether the destination is a BD or an MKV/MP4, the Cinavia removal setting in AnyDVD will have an effect.

And if the AnyDVD icon doesn't turn purple the disc is not cinavia protected?

It will always turn purple, AnyDVD doesn't have the slightest clue whether or not there really is Cinavia on the disc.
Therefore it is strongly recommended to activate Cinavia removal in AnyDVD only when you know, there is Cinavia on the source and you really want to remove it.

Ok I don't have to use the "down convert" process first and then create my mkv file? Just create the mkv with anydvd in background and am good to go? And all resulted .mkv files now in AC3 will have that warbly sound in background music?
Some one called it the Fragler effect.

If you're doing an mkv (depending on your player and how you play the file) you shouldn't need to enable the "remove cinavia..." setting in anydvd at all. The audio should be fine then. But it the "wobbly" sound as you call it is a side effect of the removal. You do NOT activate that removal setting unless you're damn sure the disc has cinavia. You can find that out by playing the title in CloneBD's "preview player". To do so, click the triangular button that appears when you move your cursor over a video title. Bert the beaver will then warn you if the selected clip has cinavia for the selected audio stream.

Thank you very much. That sounds like the plan then.

And then the only other question is how, if possible, to "crop" ... not "trim"

Top and bottom black bars?

Last edited:

- use original audio
- downconvert HD audio

I'm using CloneBD version 1.1.5.1 and AnyDVD HD version 8.1.1.0, and there is no longer an option on the right-hand side of the last page in CloneBD prior to beginning the conversion for downconverting audio. Only an output resolution slider is on the right side. There are audio channel options on the left-hand side that I don't believe were in the previous version used in the tutorial thread, but the options you listed
-use original audio
-downconvert HD audio
-downconvert all audio
are no longer present. Does that mean that CloneBD no longer integrates with AnDVD HD to remove Cinavia?

i'm using 1151 and 8812 and downconvert hd audio is ther just fine. What is your target? (full disc mode, partial disc, portable file,...) a screenshot of what you're seeing would be nice

i'm using 1151 and 8812 and downconvert hd audio is ther just fine.
Great! Am I missing an option that actually says "downconvert," or is that no longer visible on 1151? On the final page before beginning the conversion, what do I select from the audio drop-down menu? I'm trying to archive my BD version of Underworld Blood Wars and viewing it from my NAS in .MP4 on my PS3. It would be great if the tutorial would provide a screenshot of the latest version since it has changed so much from the version that was originally used for the tutorial. Thanks again for the quick reply!

as i said, that option is there just fine for me. Screenshot please of what you're seeing/doing

As you can see, the option the tutorial mentions is supposed to be on the right side is not there. Does it matter that I just installed CloneBD and am using the trial version? I wanted to be absolutely sure that it removes Cinavia before purchasing it. I purchased Slysoft's AnyDVD HD's "lifetime" edition and then had to purchase RedFox's version, so I'm a bit leery of shelling out cash before knowing completely how it works. Thanks again.

The tutorial is for FULL DISC MODE, you're doing a conversion to MP4. Completely different thing. It must have something to do with the fact that your converting to a mobile format / mp4. Most devices that support that format don't give a rats ass about cinavia. Sony's PS3 is a different matter. Sony's one of the main backers of the technology. Have you tried playing an MP4 directly on the ps3? I don't have one so can't say for sure if it detects it on MP4's played from HDD/USB

Perhaps @Pete can chime in?

The tutorial is for FULL DISC MODE, you're doing a conversion to MP4. Completely different thing. It must have something to do with the fact that your converting to a mobile format / mp4. Most devices that support that format don't give a rats ass about cinavia. Sony's PS3 is a different matter. Sony's one of the main backers of the technology. Have you tried playing an MP4 directly on the ps3? I don't have one so can't say for sure if it detects it on MP4's played from HDD/USB

Perhaps @Pete can chime in?
Yes, I originally ripped the BD to .ISO using AnyDVD HD and then used Handbrake to convert it to .MP4. Copied it to my NAS and watched it from the PS3. Cinavia kicked in around the 20 minute mark. That's why I tried CloneBD since AnyDVD HD claimed that the two software products removed Cinavia.

CloneBD is still capable of removing it in conjunction with AnyDVD. That option must currently not be available (yet?) for mp4 conversion. If you'll go through the process of full disc copy, you will see that downconvert option there.

@Pete any reason why that option isn't available for mobile format conversion?

I'm using CloneBD to make an .ISO of the original BD now. If CloneBD removes the Cinavia (since I now see the downconvert menu-many thanks!!!) Then I'll use Handbrake to make an .MP4 of the downconverted .ISO.

I notice that the full copy is not utilizing my dual GTX980ti GPUs, although it did during the conversion to .MP4.

Instead of using Handbrake to convert the CloneBD .ISO, I'll try using CloneBD again, since it's so much faster using the GPU since Handbrake doesn't support GPUs yet.

Last edited:
Be advised though, that removing cinavia comes with a side effect to the background audio. It will be slightly warped (speedup/slowdown effect), some find it acceptable others extremely annoying.

Back