• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia..

Every player which doesn't play original Blu-ray discs will not detect Cinavia. Your smart TV. Any media player. Nvidia Shield. Amazon FireTV. Western Digital don't know the name. PopcornHour, Fantec, ... (and a few hundert more).

Okay thank you so there are no store bought players out there that will not detect that watermark.

Okay thank you so there are no store bought players out there that will not detect that watermark.
You can also buy a used or refurbished blu-ray stand alone player built before 2012 and it does not detect cinivia!!!

Or just build one. A nice home theater pc (htpc) beats any stand alone player I've ever seen. Then you have far more control over your experience. That is, after all, what AnyDVD is designed for.

I use a htpc for my movies and stream to wdtv box in my room. The audio protection does not trigger via a stream from a protected movie.

You can also buy a used or refurbished blu-ray stand alone player built before 2012 and it does not detect cinivia!!!
Correction! As long as you don't do a firmware update. I purchased one off Amazon (samsung bd-d6700 dated 03 2011) and was ignorant enough to update it and now I have the Cinavia BS!

That shouldn't be possible, but for that model apparently Samsung added the needed hardware ahead of mandatory detection and added it later on. That's the first model i see that happening on. See if you can downgrade the firmware. My 2 posters Panasonic dmp-bd85 and bd110 are on the latest firmware and predate it long enough to lack the needed hardware.

Okay I thought all players after 2012 had to have Cinavia protection on the firemware so there are still machines out there that don't have this? Which machines are they I have been trying to find one that does not have that built into it.
If you are talking about standalone blu-ray players, you need to track down a player licensed before cinavia became mandatory, such as Sony BDP-S350, 550, 570, 1000es, 5000es - Panasonic DMP-BD35, 55, 65, 85 . . . + others. Of course these are long out of production so you would need to track down a working used one in good condition. There is currently no firmware version that activates cinavia in the models mentioned above - and there will most likely never be cinavia in these models as it is doubtful the hardware is there to ever handle it. There are a few players that were originally released with the hardware required for cinavia that had cinavia activated via firmware afterwards so avoid those (Sony BDP-S580 for example).

Last edited:
There are more "modern" solutions to this.

I own an Oppo 103D (their current model) with custom firmware installed. It allows me to play blu-ray ISOs over the network, and it ignores Cinavia.

I also have, on pre-order, a Dune Solo 4K. It also plays ISOs over the network, and supposedly ignores Cinavia. Don't ask me how they're getting away with this on an "official" product (not custom firmware)...I've been wondering that myself. :)

https://www.duneplayer.com/

The audio is downgraded to AC3 when you remove cinavia with CloneBD, right? That's just a massive quality loss compared to a True HD or HD Master Audio track.
That really would be the least of your problems. It is the massive mangling of the audio which is. Even if it could be reencoded into a lossless format, it still would sound very poor.

The differences of all those audio formats are heavily overestimated, imho. It's the mixing and mastering done right, which matters the most. I would prefer a well mixed 2.0 ac3 track over a poorly remastered 7.1 upmixed dts master audio anytime.

@CountryBumkin Please do not advertise other solutions in RedFox specific forum sections. That's what third party products section is for. For the record, they don't. They convert to LPCM which consumes a lot of space. That claim of audio track replacing is not a new one and by itself infringes copyright.

If you wish to discuss other cinavia removal solutions, do so in one of the topics that are in the correct section.

That really would be the least of your problems. It is the massive mangling of the audio which is. Even if it could be reencoded into a lossless format, it still would sound very poor.

The differences of all those audio formats are heavily overestimated, imho. It's the mixing and mastering done right, which matters the most. I would prefer a well mixed 2.0 ac3 track over a poorly remastered 7.1 upmixed dts master audio anytime.
It depends of the quality of your audio hardware. Of course, if you watch movies on crappy TV speakers, you won't notice much of a difference between a DTS HD Master Audio track and an AC3 one. But if you have a decent receiver with decent speakers, the difference, even if just for the dynamic, is very noticeable.

That shouldn't be possible, but for that model apparently Samsung added the needed hardware ahead of mandatory detection and added it later on. That's the first model i see that happening on. See if you can downgrade the firmware. My 2 posters Panasonic dmp-bd85 and bd110 are on the latest firmware and predate it long enough to lack the needed hardware.

How do I downgrade the firmware if the current firmware version is the only firmware available?

I don't know, check the manufacturers website, Google,...

The problem with the AnyDVD/CloneBD removal strategy isn't solely that the audio is downgraded to AC3. Frankly I can't hear much of a difference on my 5.1 setup. The biggest and most annoying issue is the repetitive slowdown/speedup that happens to the audio track to defeat Cinavia. To me, this isn't really an acceptable solution as it destroys the viewing experience. Try watching Straight Outta Compton after that process has occurred. It's horrible! But that's just my opinion. I love Redfox's products, but this one feature I wish they could improve.

Was that question about AnyDVDHD supporting PDVD 16 ever answered? Until then I'm absolutely not upgrading PDVD. It works just fine.
The other question is how do you renew the AnyDVDHD license? Mine is set to expire in August.

Yes, probably a week ago. Support will be added in the next build AFTER/WHEN the licensing system goes up.
You don't yet, they're still setting up the backbone infrastructure to it. Though it would be up long before your license expires.

Any further license questions need to be asked in the appropriate section, they do not belong in a cinavia topic in the anydvd hd section.

Thanks for that follow up but I thought it was relevant as AnyDVD HD is needed to disable PowerDVD's Cinavia detection.
So as I understand it currently is that AnyDVDHD does not work with PDVD16? If so I would not want to upgrade PDVD15 just yet. :)

Back