• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia..

RedFox no, that's a company. Anydvd, yes. That's the software, check the bottom 2 program setting checkboxes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

How exactly Cinavia is "removed" from the audio?
Is there any audio loss? Is there a conversion process involved?
Can we get more info on it please?

cheers

All that info can be found by right clicking the 'remove cinavia' setting in anydvd.

"Does the REDFOX remove Cinavia .?" (Original thread post).

I prefer the Fox to disable Cinavia on the playback and not remove the watermark from the original recording. It works perfect with PowerDVD! Thank you RedFox! :)

AFAIK there is no good way to remove Cinavia from the audio without corrupting the original audio in a big way. AnyDVDHD is the only good solution for "fixing" the software players by forcing them to ignore the Cinavia watermark.

The "achilles heal" in the Cinavia protection system is that it relies on the player to recognize the protection. AnyDVDHD simply removes that capability from PowerDVD to recognize the protection without actually removing the Cinavia watermark from the original recording.

AnyDVDHD can also mask the Cinavia watermark in combination with CloneBD, but I never use that option as it distorts the audio to an unacceptable level in my opinion.

Last edited:
All that info can be found by right clicking the 'remove cinavia' setting in anydvd.
Well, the context sensitive help doesn't tell you how good or bad it sounds.
Is there a loss in audio quality? Yes.
Is there a conversion process involved? Yes.
Can we get more info on it please? Well, only your ears can decide, if you find the quality acceptable.

I prefer not to remove the Cinavia signal from the audio stream. Best quality, less hassle. You can use the other option "prevent software players from detecting cinavia". This has no converiosn / quality loss, and you can use licensed players like PowerDVD.

Or you convert the movie to a media file format like mkv (e.g., with CloneBD) and play it on your TV / media player / Kodi / whatever.

RedFox no, that's a company. Anydvd, yes. That's the software, check the bottom 2 program setting checkboxes.

I thought AnyDVD HD only prevented players from "seeing" Cinavia - and you needed to run CloneBD if you wanted it removed.

I thought AnyDVD HD only prevented players from "seeing" Cinavia - and you needed to run CloneBD if you wanted it removed.

That is correct. CloneBD, in conjunction with AnyDVD HD, will remove Cinavia from the output format. As James said, this is done by conversion which means there is a quality loss involved. Like James, I prefer players to simply ignore Cinavia and go on their merry way. LOL

The audio is downgraded to AC3 when you remove cinavia with CloneBD, right? That's just a massive quality loss compared to a True HD or HD Master Audio track.
That's why the AnyDVD HD solution is better.

No it's not better, because it's anydvd that's doing the removing THROUGH CloneBD! Which James just stated again, right before your post. CloneBD alone can't remove cinavia.

No it's not better, because it's anydvd that's doing the removing THROUGH CloneBD! Which James just stated again, right before your post. CloneBD alone can't remove cinavia.

Nah, you misunderstood me, or I possibly didn't post clearly enough :)

By AnyDVD solution, I was meaning AnyDVD HD stopping PowerDVD from recognizing it, which means you keep the full quality HD lossless audio track.
Or, of course, using a player without Cinavia detection but which supports HD bitstreaming, there are a few of those too.

Both are anydvd solutions, so that doesn't make sense either. 1 patches the software players to not detect it, the signal(audio stream) itself isn't touched at all, the other removes it. And for people that want to make physical backups and play on a standalone option 1 is no go.

Nah, you misunderstood me, or I possibly didn't post clearly enough :)

By AnyDVD solution, I was meaning AnyDVD HD stopping PowerDVD from recognizing it, which means you keep the full quality HD lossless audio track.
Or, of course, using a player without Cinavia detection but which supports HD bitstreaming, there are a few of those too.

True, however, AnyDVD preventing the software player from detecting Cinavia does NOT remove Cinavia from the audio track. That is an important distinction. The audio track is not touched at all in that case.

True, however, AnyDVD preventing the software player from detecting Cinavia does NOT remove Cinavia from the audio track. That is an important distinction. The audio track is not touched at all in that case.
Pretty much why it keeps 100% of its original quality. That was my point. The "removal" solution utterly destroys the original quality.
Chevron seems to be annoyed by that, maybe he had a bad day? I'm still supporting redfox with my preferred solution.

And to be honest, if you really want to make backups without losing quality, you have quite a few free players that don't have Cinavia detection and that will bitstream DTSHD-MA and DTHD.

Pretty much why it keeps 100% of its original quality. That was my point. The "removal" solution utterly destroys the original quality.
Chevron seems to be annoyed by that, maybe he had a bad day? I'm still supporting redfox with my preferred solution.

And to be honest, if you really want to make backups without losing quality, you have quite a few free players that don't have Cinavia detection and that will bitstream DTSHD-MA and DTHD.

Okay I thought all players after 2012 had to have Cinavia protection on the firemware so there are still machines out there that don't have this? Which machines are they I have been trying to find one that does not have that built into it.

Okay I thought all players after 2012 had to have Cinavia protection on the firemware so there are still machines out there that don't have this? Which machines are they I have been trying to find one that does not have that built into it.
Every player which doesn't play original Blu-ray discs will not detect Cinavia. Your smart TV. Any media player. Nvidia Shield. Amazon FireTV. Western Digital don't know the name. PopcornHour, Fantec, ... (and a few hundert more).

Back