• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Making the standard

I will be doing the same. I will stop buying discs when Cinevia becomes a standard.

If you carry on buying until Cinavia becomes the standard, you will be the creator of the standard.

Stop buying right now or you will cause the standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
April 13 2010

I just watched the Tourist (Region A) completely on my
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.708
I downloaded and tried to Downgrade to 624 but the player would not let me.
It's just as well....I couldn't

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message. For any other information about Cinavia use this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Hopefully a moderator could make this post a sticky.

Blurays:

The Losers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region A
The Karate Kid (2010) - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
Salt - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Other Guys - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Resident Evil Afterlife - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Social Network - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)

Dvds:

The Takers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)

Bluray players/media players that contain Cinavia:

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) - Firmwares affected - all firmwares newer than v3.01 contain Cinavia (Message Code 3)
Pioneer BDP-V6000 - unknown firmware atm
Denon DBP-1611UD - unknown firmware atm
Marantz UD5005 - unknown firmware atm

Bluray players/media players that DONT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
Oppo BDP-83 latest firmware BDP83-52-0816B and older
Oppo BDP-93 latest firmware BDP9x-33-1216 and older
Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.50 dated 03/08/2010 and older
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Software players that contain Cinavia:

None atm

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3 v3.0.1.185
Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5 v5.0.1.86
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010 v10.0.5.536
CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Mark II 10.0.2429

SamuriHL Update: Note that TV's, Receivers, cell phones, tablets, sound cards, cable modems, pocket watches, and any other device that is *NOT* a player DOES NOT "contain Cinavia". It is not technically possible as the *PLAYER* has to determine what is or is not a trust source. If you suspect you are dealing with a Cinavia problem, you will know if, and ONLY IF, you SEE AN ACTUAL CINAVIA MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN. I don't care if the "title contains Cinavia". If you do NOT see a Cinavia ERROR message, you are NOT dealing with a Cinavia problem.

Last edited:
player list

just wanted to add sony bdp-s770 with
firmware version M04.R.752 (as of 02/10/2011) does not seem to have cinavia protection. watched a backed up copy of takers dvd on ps3 got warning. watched same back up disc on bdp-s770 no warning at all. streamed takers blu-ray mkv file, same with ps3, got warning. through bdp-s770 no warning.

Last edited:
Hi all
The french version of The Social Network blu-ray disc has cinavia logo too.
It's region ABC not only B.

Just purchased The Tourist DVD. I know this title is listed having Cinavia for Blu-Ray.. The DVD cover (back) states PROTECTED by Cinavia.com. I'll test the playback on my Samsung BD-C5500 with firmware ~1020.1 in a couple of days & edit this post with the results. The DVD is region 1 (US)

I didn't read all the posts in this thread. I see that the 1st post lists neither this DVD title or the Blu-Ray player (also plays DVD's) :)

Just purchased The Tourist DVD. I know this title is listed having Cinavia for Blu-Ray.. The DVD cover (back) states PROTECTED by Cinavia.com. I'll test the playback on my Samsung BD-C5500 with firmware ~1020.1 in a couple of days & edit this post with the results. The DVD is region 1 (US)

I didn't read all the posts in this thread. I see that the 1st post lists neither this DVD title or the Blu-Ray player (also plays DVD's) :)
I can confirm that The Tourist DVD has Cinavia on it, went to watch it on my PS3 running version 3.60 streaming from my media server. received message protected by cinavia error code 3.

Star Wars- September, 2011 on Bluray...

What are the chances it will have cinavia?

Pretty good I would say...

yes which means it may or may not use cinavia but will use bd+.

Why do you think there is a slim chance it will have cinavia?

1. company: so far only Warner and Sony have used Cinavia.
2. already protected: Star Wars is published by Fox, which already has a protection they like very much, BD+.
3. lossless: with BD+, the player can reconstruct the original image perfectly (if they don't embed forensic marks).
4. lossy: Cinavia is damaging tracks that were supposed to be bit-perfect to original sound. Star Wars is a classic with huge fan base: Fox won't mess about. See Alien package release, no trailers, no ultra-extra-hd-blu-vision&sound-unskippable ****, straight to menu ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't be using a PS3 in my new HT build.

I'm so happy you guys are out there the bring these things to light. I currently own two PS3's because I thought I was killing a few birds with one stone in terms of equipment to have, well I wont be buying another one for my new home theater I paln on having setup in the next 6 months. I'll be buying a true Blu Ray player that hopefully wont have all this encription crap installed on it. Sorry Sony, you losing sales and custmers because your turning a cool device into crap because of all your firmware update crap. If you can't sell them to make money, raise the price and cut out the crippling of your devices.

As I use stuff that works, yours will be the first posted on eBay.....your blue tooth remote should have been the first clue that you guys don't have a clue. I was hoping HD-DVD would have handed your asses to you but in the end you paid everyone off to get your way!

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3 v3.0.1.185
Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5 v5.0.1.86
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010 v10.0.5.536
CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Mark II 10.0.2429

Can anyone confirm that the new build of PowerDVD (2701) is Cinavia free?

Can we also post the MD5 hashsum of the movies in question that are affected?

I have multiple titles as images available to test with my panasonic player as I have BD-RE discs to try. But all of these are rented, so I can't tell if I have the rental or the retail version (which would have the same hash as the titles listed here).

Samsung BDC5500

Considering purchasing this player.
Does anyone know if the firmware new in the box is enabled with Cinavia?
thanks gene

If they do it'll have been added into the first post of this thread

Blu Ray - Burlesque has cinavia logo

Hello-

FYI. I did purchase , Burlesque and it has the cinavia logo on the back of the blu ray case. I have not attempted to back it up yet but I wanted to pass this along that this movie is protected.

Back