• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

It still is a very good player, it's only the playback of copied cinavia discs that cause an issue

Just had a look in the store for Burlesque R2 wich is due on april 18th. There is NO cinavia logo present on the sample cover. Where there was one on the sample cover for takers

Just had a look in the store for Burlesque R2 wich is due on april 18th. There is NO cinavia logo present on the sample cover. Where there was one on the sample cover for takers

In your country, is it distributed by Sony? If not by whom?

I'm not going to quote specific posts, but quite a few lately within this thread, and others, here on these forums, are seriously way off base with their logic. It's a bit amazing that some of you feel that the "big brother" of the companies using Cinavia are attempting to drive their customers away to other devices. Do you honestly think you make up enough of a hundredth of a % of a % that they really care in that regards? They are simply preventing the rabid piracy, which costs them millions more than what you all could ever give to them. I'd even bet that 99.x% of their customers don't rip/backup, or even think about it.

No, I'm not saying that I agree with their protection, but I can bet that potentially many of you who are ripping these movies aren't really purchasing them in the first place, much like many of you are downloading/cracking/using Slysoft software without even paying for it (go ahead, argue with me on both of those points, as some no doubt will - if you're not guilty of it, then don't waste your time with a response). And, yes, I agree that we should be able to "backup" what we legally acquire.

Actually, I won't argue with you. You are probably right to some degree on what you say. Sony isn't evil, they are just protecting their interests as they see it, agree with them or not. I don't particularly like it, I fully believe in the fair use doctrine. You ought to be able to back-up legal copies of you movies just like you should be able to back-up software.

Actually, I won't argue with you. You are probably right to some degree on what you say. Sony isn't evil, they are just protecting their interests as they see it, agree with them or not. I don't particularly like it, I fully believe in the fair use doctrine. You ought to be able to back-up legal copies of you movies just like you should be able to back-up software.

We can. It's just that a few stand alones don't like the backups. This is going to be an increasing problem going forward. The "solutions" haven't changed since the beginning. Either keep a stand alone capable of playing backups, or, switch to an HTPC. I prefer my HTPC solution. Others prefer stand alones. Stand alones are a more dangerous game as they may require firmware updates to play newer discs. (Salt broke many players, and it's Cinavia protected). Someday, we may have a way to remove Cinavia from those backups. For now, we find players to ignore it. :)

I'm not going to quote specific posts, but quite a few lately within this thread, and others, here on these forums, are seriously way off base with their logic. It's a bit amazing that some of you feel that the "big brother" of the companies using Cinavia are attempting to drive their customers away to other devices. Do you honestly think you make up enough of a hundredth of a % of a % that they really care in that regards? They are simply preventing the rabid piracy, which costs them millions more than what you all could ever give to them. I'd even bet that 99.x% of their customers don't rip/backup, or even think about it.........QUOTE]

The problem is they are dealing with the effect, not the cause. Piracy is the effect, but the causes are cost etc which make piracy more commonplace. Until the basic cost structure is altered, this will always continue. I also believe that if Cinavia is used this must be stated clearly on the packaging, but as temp workaround back it up on a BD laptop / PC which does not use Cinavia.

Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 or older does not contain Cinavia.

Rodster, you are right as right can be.
I agree most pirates are pirates all the way not just a halfway stopping point, and usually the biggest complainers are the biggest pirates, and expect others to crack and cure their problems. I agree with the capability of backing up what I own, especially when grandchildren don't know that peanut butter doesn't come off of disc very easily or you can't walk on them and expect it to still play. I appreciate the hard work that the capable people have in helping us and hope that their efforts continue to improve our capabilities to protect our investments. With that I say, patience to those that are incapable of solving the burdensome problems, and wait for the hard workers to complete their tasks and meet them with cheers not jeers.

Why is Sony so worried about the people that made up less than 1%? The true pirates aren't going to buy the movies anyways. So how do they claim it's loss revenue. They spend millions to combat something they claim their losing millions.

If backups can't be played on new equipment then Sony should be replacing my original damaged DVD/bluray for free. Send in your damaged unplayable movies to Sony for a replacement. You can't even watch a ripped copy from a thumb drive on the PS3. What's the point of them selling their PS3 with 320GB hard drives? You can't use backup of games or movies on them with this new protection scheme. Was all that space for music and home videos? There next PS3 model might as well have no hard drive. So much for the all purpose media center.

Why is Sony so worried about the people that made up less than 1%? The true pirates aren't going to buy the movies anyways. So how do they claim it's loss revenue. They spend millions to combat something they claim their losing millions.

If backups can't be played on new equipment then Sony should be replacing my original damaged DVD/bluray for free. Send in your damaged unplayable movies to Sony for a replacement. You can't even watch a ripped copy from a thumb drive on the PS3. What's the point of them selling their PS3 with 320GB hard drives? You can't use backup of games or movies on them with this new protection scheme. Was all that space for music and home videos? There next PS3 model might as well have no hard drive. So much for the all purpose media center.

That is the really interesting part of this - on the one hand they have a division selling entertainment on media that now is designed to cripple some of the functionality of a device being sold . . by . . one of their fellow divisions. They are paying to manufacture and distribute media intended to reduce the functionality and value of a product sold by a different division of the same company.
One has to assume that corporate has proof that the cinavia infected movies (Salt, Losers, Social Network, etc.) sold a ton more copies as a result of this new audio track pollution. Personally, I doubt a single extra copy sold as a result of Sony going through all this hassle and expense with cinavia. In the end, all they will accomplish is further alienating a number of their PS3 customers. But they have catered to their copy prevention paranoia for so many years now, it must be inbred permanently. Until they realize and admit that most copies made do not represent a lost sale, they will continue with this silliness. Personally, I now try to avoid purchasing anything infected with cinavia if at all possible.

This new mania with BR copy protection is nothing new, it is just an extension of Sony's paranoia over intellectual theft that dates at least as far back as the Beta/VHS days. Sony killed off their own Beta format with insane corporate restrictions, only to win the DVD-HD/Blu-Ray wars at an enormous cost. Sony is just repeating the same corporate exclusionary tactics that lost them significant market share in the past.

Pioneer BDP-120

Pioneer BDP-120 Blu-ray Disc Player - Firmware Ver BP9200900 & older - No Cinavia. :rock:

Part Of Post:

Please dont just try, DONT BUY.

Yes - I agree - however, at some point a title I really want to own may come out, and I will most likely buy if it is priced attractively. Those "blind buys" or ones that I may be on the fence over buying, are now automatic rentals if they have an audio track polluted with cinavia. And, of course, I will stand pat with my excellent cinavia free players for as long as possible and be very careful about what, if any, firmware I install on them.

Wanted title

Yes - I agree - however, at some point a title I really want to own may come out, and I will most likely buy if it is priced attractively. Those "blind buys" or ones that I may be on the fence over buying, are now automatic rentals if they have an audio track polluted with cinavia. And, of course, I will stand pat with my excellent cinavia free players for as long as possible and be very careful about what, if any, firmware I install on them.

Well if you really want a specific title and you want the audio free from Cinavia the DONT BUY IT.

They will be forced to drop Cinavia, then you can have that title Cinavia free with "in tact" HD audio, after all, you are paying for and expecting HD audio not tampered with audio.

If you give in and buy, you are sewing the seeds of your own fate re this infestation.

I will be doing the same. I will stop buying discs when Cinevia becomes a standard.

Just an FYI. The newest WDTV Live Plus firmware 1.04.31_B appears safe and does not seem to contain Cinavia.

Back