• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't play Blu Ray on LGBP570 player any more!

golferdc

I am not sure anyone can help me on this but thought I would try. I used to be able to play back up discs on this player but can't any longer. The player fails during its detection of the Blu Ray disk with an indication of Check Disc!. The back up was made using AnyDVD HD and Clone BD. All discs play on my PC with Power DVD 16.

That's very likely your problem. Cheap crappy stuff. Order yourself some verbatim bd-r online and the problem should vanish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it. The reason I don't think it is a media problem is that it plays perfectly on my computer with PowerDVD 16? LG BP570 goes through a detection process when it senses a disc has been inserted to differentiate between a DVD and a Blu Ray disc. It is at that point the failure to play occurs. I'll still try your Verbatim suggestion.

Optical drives aren't the same as standalone players. Then there's the simple thing that one drive isn't another even though it may be the exact same model. The same goes for blank discs. One batch may be worse than another of the same brand. And when you add on that the fact that it's well known among us more experienced users that ritek/ridata is about the cheapest stuff u can get, well you get what you pay for.

The player also uses a different laser to read DVD and Blu-ray. DVD uses a laser with a frequency in the red spectrum. Blu-ray uses one with a blue color. Hence the name. When you order them m, order them ONLINE for the good stuff (media id should be VERBAT-IME-00 for single layer). Do not buy them in a brick and mortar store or they may give you crappy CMC stuff.

That's very likely your problem. Cheap crappy stuff. Order yourself some verbatim bd-r online and the problem should vanish.

I knew that was coming..

I only buy Ridata (for the last few years).. Over the years I have made hundreds if not thousands of backups (collectively) using DVD, DVD-DL, and BD. The ONLY failures (coasters) I have had, I caused for various reasons.. The media was never the problem.

There is nothing wrong with Ridata media.

Well the majority of the disc using community would beg to differ. Even tdk is better.

Well the majority of the disc using community would beg to differ. Even tdk is better.

Just reporting my experience with Ridata.

I use them because they are reasonably priced, one of the few that makes media that is inkjet printable (at a reasonable price), and I have had absolutely no problems with them..

Maybe my hardware (both stand alone players, and writers) are better than average.. Maybe I use a 16x writable disk, and write at 8x.

@Ch3vr0n.. How many Ridata disks have you used that failed?

Googling "Ridata Reviews", all I see is 4 and 5 stars.. Anything less, it is clear that the rating came from a bad vendor (shipping issues).. When I google "verbatim Reviews", I see pretty much the same.

Have a great evening..

Ch3vr0n is always derogatory about anything other than Verbatim, just ignore it. He always slates TDK as well and I've written 10's of thousands of them for work with very few failures (less than 1 in 1000)

Euhm no I'm not. If you'd read my post again you'd have seen I said that even tdk was better than ritek. I've got a few tdk bd-re's myself.

I'm not going to start a debate or argument over this. The majority of the disc using community would say the same. As do most topics here were playback issues with them were posted. Don't think there's a single topic where burn/playback issues with ritek/ridata blanks weren't solved by switching to a more reliable quality brand.

I have also used ridata discs since my purchase of anydvd when it was released and can only remember 2 or 3 out of thousands with a issue.. I always wonder why so many people have issues. I think it's more drive dependent than anything. I have always had lg drives and a lg stand alone player and they always have worked for me.

One of the main reasons is they burn them faster than the rated speed. I've found if you stick to the rated speed or slower then you get less issues

I burn them faster than what's on the packaging, but not any faster than what they are capable of doing. The write speed descriptor is key here.

Write speed descriptors in drives have been wrong in the past. I've had TY DVD's that failed often because I let the drives write them at the descriptor speed rather than the rated speed, and that's on both Pioneer and LG drives, same thing on BD-R's. When I stick to the rated speed a failure is very rare, let them go with what the drive manufacturer puts in and you get a higher failure rate, even on Verbatims discs we used

I am not sure anyone can help me on this but thought I would try. I used to be able to play back up discs on this player but can't any longer. The player fails during its detection of the Blu Ray disk with an indication of Check Disc!. The back up was made using AnyDVD HD and Clone BD. All discs play on my PC with Power DVD 16.
Did you check if that player can still play older back up discs?

Just checked and nothing plays now.
That rules out the media as being the main cause.

You can try disassembling the BR player and cleaning the lens. It is already broke so you can't break it any more.

I have been successful in cleaning the lens of the player(s) in the past.

Back