Can't play Blu Ray on LGBP570 player any more!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by golferdc, Aug 16, 2017.

1. autodidact

autodidact Well-Known Member

I agree with Ch3vr0n, Verbatim is the way to go.

This is what I've been using for many, many years, not one (1) coaster so far.
    And, most importantly, the first ones I ever burnt still plays flawlessly.
    What is very easy forgotten when chosing brand, is, will they still play after a decade or more?
    I have some other, cheaper brands, and unfortunally quite a few of these won't play at all, and that hurts...
    Always kept burning speed low and never overburnt.
    Always used high quality burners, still use an old Pioneer BDR-206 for BDs and an old Optiarc AD-7240 for CDs and DVDs.

Interesting read:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984...edia-and-methods-for-archiving-your-data.html

Verbatim BD media codes

BD-R-SL --> Verbat-IMe-000
    BD-RE-SL --> Verbat-IM0-000
    BD-R-DL --> Verbat-IMf-000
    BD-RE-DL --> Verbat-MEI-T01

Verbatim DVD media codes

DVD+R-SL --> MCC-004-000
    DVD+RW-SL --> MKM-A02
    DVD+R-DL --> MKM-003-000

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

DVD+RW DL uses MKM-A02-000 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. golferdc

golferdc Active Member

I think youre right about the LG player. What model Samsung did you end up with?

4. Krawk

Krawk Well-Known Member

At that time it was the C6500 and I had years of use out of it. I still have it but my primary playback is an Oppo 103D.

5. golferdc

golferdc Active Member

Ch3vron
    I got a Verbatim disc recorded and it failed just like the Ridata discs. The failure occurs while the LG player is inspecting the disc to determine if it is a Blu-Ray or DVD disc. Is it possible that AnyDVD HD changed the what it writes on the disc such that the player detects the change and fails to detect a Blu-Ray disc? I mentioned previously that all discs play under Powerdvd 16. What do you think?

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

No, AnyDVD has zero impact on any burning

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

7. golferdc

golferdc Active Member

Sorry for my confusing comment. I process the data to be written with CloneBD and then use ImgBurn to write the disc. Is it possible that the contents of what gets written could have been changed by CloneBD. Maybe I am posting this question in the wrong forum?