• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't pay with Mastercard

No, my family was so poor, my parents would look around at what they could sell next, so we could eat that night. I spent 10 years in a restaurant job to get a 4 year degree. I never had it easy.

No, my family was so poor, my parents would look around at what they could sell next, so we could eat that night. I spent 10 years in a restaurant job to get a 4 year degree. I never had it easy.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I also lived in public housing for many years as a youngster and had many odd jobs. But that was right before WW2 ended and jobs were scarce for kids. Congrats on getting a 4-year degree, that's not easy for kid with little means and little family participation. You must have been a very dedicated youngster.

Not really dedicated, just an extreme hatred of being poor. :)

I remember getting very disgusted at my fellow colleges students, whining that mommy and daddy bought them the wrong car (like a BMW instead of a Mercedes). Meanwhile, my car cost me $200 and was held together with duct tape, bailing twine, and bubblegum.

Last edited:

I remember getting very disgusted at my fellow colleges students, whining that mommy and daddy bought them the wrong car (like a BMW instead of a Mercedes). Meanwhile, my car cost me $200 and was held together with duct, bailing twine, and bubblegum.
I know exactly what you mean. I went to college in Europe, I didn't have a car, just a scooter.

I remember getting very disgusted at my fellow colleges students, whining that mommy and daddy bought them the wrong car (like a BMW instead of a Mercedes). Meanwhile, my car cost me $200 and was held together with duct tape, bailing twine, and bubblegum.

You guys don't know me and I don't know you. But your personal stories are inspirational. I am sure you hated growing up poor (I did at times as well) but it's what made you strong and gave you the drive to succeed. Don't downplay your struggle or where you came from. So many folks today have things handed to them and never know the joy of goals and accomplishments and often times this makes for weak people. Just my thoughts on it.

Unless you're dumb enough to get one with an annual fee, it costs you nothing to have a credit card.
What it costs is adding to your credit, which is a bad thing when trying to maintain a high credit score. Too much credit, used or not is bad, as is every credit inquiry to get new credit. But thanks for playing!

What it costs is adding to your credit, which is a bad thing when trying to maintain a high credit score. Too much credit, used or not is bad, as is every credit inquiry to get new credit. But thanks for playing!
Adding a debit card to an already established account costs you nothing. Only credit cards are can deduct a few point from your credit score, and debit cards are very likely to work ( cant promise) here.

Thats an overly simplistic view of how credit scores are calculated. The number of cards you have, has very little effect on your overall score (especially the ONE extra card we were actually talking about). But don't let that stop you from trying to be smug.

Last edited:
Still not working for me: Standard Mastercard (no Debit), location EU. Also getting the message "-993 Refused". (And also, I would have liked to use the rebate code.)

What's interesting is that the card does have Mastercard's "SecureSomething" (whatever they call it this week) activated, but in this instance there was neither the redirect to the secure-entry page, nor did I receive the customary mobile-TAN on my phone. In Mastercard's FAQ they say that this is the case if the provider isn't supporting their SecureX system, and that transactions like this would be accepted for a "transitional period" only. The stated period ended somewhere in 2019, apparently it was extended a couple of times, but I don't believe it is on to this day.

So - any chance that the payment provider simply doesn't support this process?

It's 3DSecure you're talking about. That's an additional security layer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back