Bottom of selection window cut off

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by Clarity3, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Clarity3

Clarity3 Well-Known Member

Making a Partial copy of Mad Max - Fury Road (4K).

On the Selection page for the Main Feature, when selecting the Audio/Subtitle the window has the bottom cut off so when the sliders are furthest down the last line of Audio or Subtitle cannot be read. As shown below.

upload_2019-7-17_14-30-51.png

This does not appear to happen on blu-ray and as this is the only 4K I have at the moment, I am unable to see if this is a generic issue.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

yes it can, notice the brown bar on the right? Thats a scroll bar. According to that image, the scrollbars are in their farthest UPWARDS position, not downwards.

3. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

That's not the point.
    The scrollbars themselves are visibly cut off. So I'm sure, what he says is true.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

i must havee missunderstood then. Perhaps that orange slideout thingy can get a size increase in general. Always has been a bit small

5. Clarity3

Yes, I realise the scroll bars are not at the bottom of their range, it is as Pete says, the bottom of the scroll bar range (down arrow) that is cut off, illustrating the form issue.

6. Clarity3

This issue does not appear to be present on all UHD discs. This image from 'Blade Runner 2049' 4K version does not show clipping of the audio/subtitle pane as it did above.

View attachment 47941

7. Pete

I don't think it has anything to do with UHD at all.
    I suppose that specific amount of audio and/or subtitle entries somehow triggers a Qt resizing bug.

8. Clarity3

Pete, not sure if you can see the image. I can't any longer, for some reason, but probably not important if you have enough information to determine it is a bug.

9. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

So far we were unable to reproduce this with any disc.
    Your settings box in the image appears to be unusually narrow (see example here for the typical dimensions: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/2x-bugs-evil-dead-2-uhd.77284/).

Can you please post a screen shot from a disc where the effect doesn't show?
    Also: what is the screen resolution and scaling factor?

10. Clarity3

Sorry for the delay. I have a number of discs that have few audio/subtitle channels that do not invoke the slider bar. This is Mad Max - Fury Road again, but the blu ray version that shows the slider.

upload_2019-8-11_17-51-19.png

Screen resolution is 1900 x 1200, Scaling 100%

Oops! finger trouble, should be; 1920 x 1200

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  11. Pete

Can you pleas post a log file from the disc that causes the cut-off? Then at least we know exactly how many tracks appear to trigger this.

12. Clarity3

That's a bit of a problem. I have loaned the disc and might not get it back for another week. I will see if I can shorten the time.