• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Speaking of Cinavia, hey Adbear, have you installed PDVD 12 1905c yet? Have you seen it trip Cinavia? I've been doing some testing and on The Social Network and Karate Kid 2010 (which both should have Cinavia), neither tripped Cinavia. I saw it in the trial on Green Hornet, but, on 1905c nada.

I've heard that dogs can hear Cinavia, and it disrupts their brains electrical activities...

Speaking of Cinavia, hey Adbear, have you installed PDVD 12 1905c yet? Have you seen it trip Cinavia? I've been doing some testing and on The Social Network and Karate Kid 2010 (which both should have Cinavia), neither tripped Cinavia. I saw it in the trial on Green Hornet, but, on 1905c nada.
As I don't own PDVD 12 I was using the trial version which is 1905, not 1905c, and it was still triggering Cinavia when playing back Salt

BluRay's with Cinavia

21 Jump Street (Cinavia)
30 Minutes or Less (Cinavia)
30 Minutes or Less (Thai Version) (Cinavia)
Adventures of Tintin, The (Cinavia)
Adventures of Tintin, The (Cinavia) (Blu-ray 3D)
Anonymous (Cinavia)
Bad Teacher (Cinavia)
Battle: Los Angeles (Cinavia)
Carnage (Cinavia)
Friends With Benefits (Cinavia)
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The (US) (Cinavia)
Green Hornet, The (Blu-ray 3D) (Cinavia)
Green Hornet, The (Cinavia)
Ides of March, The (2011) (Cinavia) (Region A)
In The Land of Blood and Honey (Cinavia)
Jack And Jill (Cinavia)
Lockout (Cinavia)
Priest (Cinavia)
Priest (Cinavia) (Blu-ray 3D)
Roommate, The (Cinavia)
Rum Diary, The (Cinavia)
Skin I Live In, The (Spanish) (Cinavia)
Starship Troopers: Invasion (Cinavia)
Straw Dogs (2011) (Cinavia)
Takers (Cinavia)
Underworld: Awakening (Cinavia)
Underworld: Awakening (Cinavia) (Blu-ray 3D)
Vow, The (Cinavia)
Wrath of the Titans (Cinavia) (Blu-ray 3D)
Zookeeper (Cinavia)

As I don't own PDVD 12 I was using the trial version which is 1905, not 1905c, and it was still triggering Cinavia when playing back Salt

I guess I'll keep messing with it. Forgot about salt. I got that kicking around somewhere.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I've updated my PowerDVD with the 1905c patch and I was unable to trigger cinavia on The Social Network (bought @amazon.com). I don't own any other 'cinavia-enhanced' BDs, at least not to my knowledge.

But strange how it does on the 1905, well at least this is one time where they've broken something that people don't want them to fix

Yea, I'll have to reinstall my 1905 trial->full installer that I made and see what's going on. If we can find the difference maybe that'll...um, help us. :D

Yea, I'll have to reinstall my 1905 trial->full installer that I made and see what's going on. If we can find the difference maybe that'll...um, help us. :D

Did you ever find anything out? I wonder if a e-mail to the company would get a straight answer.

It's possible that they were only "testing" Cinavia detection and the code got accidentally released. They are not required to add it until PDVD13 (which, coincidentally, would be a fitting release number).

Don't know. The code is still in 1905c. It just appears to not work right. When I get back I need to look into it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Rant alert

Not really. Look how Penicillin was discovered? By accident! This could be the "break" we're looking for. Maybe if everyone put their two cents in, we might be able to "cure" Cinavia. Slysoft isn't the only developer working on the Cinavia problem. The bigger Cinavia gets, the harder it will fall, once "cracked". I'm willing to say that once the Cinavia "cure" is found, it won't work on all Cinavia protected discs, but they (Slysoft and the others) will have to figure out how it works on the other discs. Just like how the Penicillium mold was developed into other antibiotics and/or drugs. Cinavia, once "cracked", will, hopefully, will be easier for (Slysoft and the others) to figure out how to circumnavigate it. 8)

<rant>

Why in the #$%! do people insist on likening Cinavia to a real world virus? It does not even come close to fitting the definition of a computer virus.

Listen close: There is no CURE for Cinavia because there is nothing to "cure". Think of it more as a macaroni noodle in a pot of spaghetti. Relatively few people will notice it. A couple will get upset. But the majority will never even know it's there.

Anyone who continues to compare it to a life-taking diseas needs to turn of their &#@$ing PS3/computer and go outside to see what the real world and suffering is.

</rant>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is really ok that a software will deny the trial on a VM.

I boot Windows from a VHD but it is NOT a VM and I have the same issue. As soon as I click "Get Trial Key" I get a message saying that the trial has expired. So it's not a matter of just denying the trial on a VM (or a possible bug in the code for it).

I'll let someone else report it on your forum though. Cinavia is of no consequence to me and I don't feel like registering for yet another forum (you should really remove the requirement of registering just to view your support forum... just my opinion).

Last edited:
Ok, I've been looking into the PDVD Cinavia thing a bit more. Hopefully they don't see this comment but quite frankly their code *SUCKS*. I need people with 1905c installed to help me out. Any Cinavia titles you have, I want them tested with 1905c running with AnyDVD enabled. I'd prefer with original discs if at all possible but I'm not too picky I guess. What I want is the following:

TITLE, REGION, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, Cinavia Message <y/n>

I'll start:

Green Hornet, A, USA, Y

Some fun little facts on this so far. I tested Green Hornet, got the message, closed PDVD, switched to Karate Kid 2010, started PDVD, and got the Cinavia warning immediately on playback. Um, nice.

Green Hornet, A, USA, Y
Karate Kid 2010, A, USA, Y
The Social Network, A, USA, Y
The Losers, A, USA, Y
Salt, A, USA, Y

Last edited:
<rant>

Why in the #$%! do people insist on likening Cinavia to a real world virus? It does not even come close to fitting the definition of a computer virus.

Listen close: There is no CURE for Cinavia because there is nothing to "cure". Think of it more as a macaroni noodle in a pot of spaghetti. Relatively few people will notice it. A couple will get upset. But the majority will never even know it's there.

Anyone who continues to compare it to a life-taking diseas needs to turn of their &#@$ing PS3/computer and go outside to see what the real world and suffering is.

</rant>

If you read the entire post, I was ONLY comparing it to how Penicillin was discovered because earlier in the tread, it was mentioned that a competitive company discovered, by accident, how to circumnavigate around the Cinavia watermark! I also mentioned, serveral times, that the developers have to "crack" the Cinavia code before we start making backups of the movies with Cinavia embeded in the audio track(s). Eventually, hopefully not, Cinavia will be in allot of the movies we want to backup. Then, paying users of Slysoft's products, will start complaining allot more about Cinavia calling it different things. Hopefully, Slyce will eventually have a solution to Cinavia, eventually, but not when it is initially released! If the posting is NOT using foul language, which you did or referring to any
life threating disease, then the posting should stay and not taken down because someone has an anger managment issue, or doesn't like what is being talked about!

No where in my post did I compare it to ANY life threatening disease. I ONLY was comparing it to how Penicillin was discovered, and I used the word "cure" as a figure of speach!

Definition of "Figure of Speech" :
any expressive use of language, as a metaphor, simile, personification, or antithesis, in which words are used in other than their literal sense, or in other than their ordinary locutions, in order to suggest a picture or image or for other special effect.

If, for some unkown reason, you think that the word "cure" refers to some sort of "virus" or some sort of "life threatening disease", then I fail to see your reasoning! Maybe, just maybe, you're reading too much into my posting! Does the music group "The Cure" also gets you upset? Not their music, but just their name? What about "Curing" meats to preseve them and makes them taste good, also makes you upset?

Definition os "Cure" :
cure (kyr)
n.
1. Restoration of health; recovery from disease.
2. A method or course of medical treatment used to restore health.
3. An agent, such as a drug, that restores health; a remedy.
4. Something that corrects or relieves a harmful or disturbing situation: The cats proved to be a good cure for our mouse problem.
5. Ecclesiastical Spiritual charge or care, as of a priest for a congregation.
6. The office or duties of a curate.
7. The act or process of preserving a product.
v. cured, cur·ing, cures
v.tr.
1. To restore to health.
2. To effect a recovery from: cure a cold.
3. To remove or remedy (something harmful or disturbing): cure an evil.
4. To preserve (meat, for example), as by salting, smoking, or aging.
5. To prepare, preserve, or finish (a substance) by a chemical or physical process.
6. To vulcanize (rubber).
v.intr.
1. To effect a cure or recovery: a medicine that cures.
2. To be prepared, preserved, or finished by a chemical or physical process: hams curing in the smokehouse.

As far as being a "Computer Virus", in a INDIRECT way Cinavia is some sort of "virus"/"computer virus" : A computer virus is a software program written with malicious intentions. There are number of computer viruses that can impede the functioning of your computer system, and/or DVD/BD player. Cinavia will not allow you to make a copy of a movie that has this watermark on it. Cinavia is some sort of "Code" preventing you to make a legitimate copy of the movie you own.

I DO NOT understand the complexity of the Cinavia "code"/watermark imbedded in the audio section of movies, but I DO follow rules of the forums. The Slysoft developers strictly stated NOT to compare Cinavia to any life threating disease(s), which I did not!

I would suggest that if you read something that offends you, which adheres to the forum rules, then just ignor it instead of getting angry, taking things out of contect, and posting irrational remarks about it. I would consider this a type of "bullying", especially when you have to use you BIG/foul words, which is against the forum rules!

I DO see what the real world is going through, and I don't need to read it on the internet or watch TV because I live and work in the "real world". I DO NOT like it, but I don't loose my temper and get angry over it because that method really blinds people and then people act on "feelings" and may take it out on innocent other people! That is why the world is the way it is today! Everyone is telling everyone what to do and not to do, and to see it their way because "their way" is the right way! If there is anything I can do to HELP people with their ordeals/problems, I attempt to talk to them about it and see if they want my help, if not, I leave them to themselfs! You cannot force people to do anything! I am a part time volunteer counselor assistant at a facility that deals with low income/no income people with substance abuse, have a criminal backgound who also have some sort of mental illness. I do not get paid for this, I do this to HELP people who are not as fortunate as I am, and this is not always that easy to do! I also have a full time day career as an insurance analyst with over eighteen years of experience with the different companies I've been employed with. I also assit the people I work with/for with any type of computer problems, whether it be a hardware or software problem. 8)

No where in my post did I compare it to ANY life threatening disease. I ONLY was comparing it to how Penicillin was discovered, and I used the word "cure" as a figure of speach!

My apologies to you then. (You did put "cure" in quotes in your original post.)

But I still stand by my rant (just not in your case). Your diagnosis of anger management issues is severly misguided. It was a controlled rant and the curse edits were my own, I never typed the actual words (that's the "controlled" part). ;)

As far as being a "Computer Virus", in a INDIRECT way Cinavia is some sort of "virus"/"computer virus"
Not even close. A virus, by definition, replicates itself to other hosts (whether they be computers, people, animals etc). Cinavia is a nuisance and nothing more. It is not even at the level of "harmful or disturbing".

Last edited:
Back