• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

You only need the PCM 44.1/16 stereo stream passed on bit-perfectly.

This could be a problem on a PC. It should work on standalones, like the PS3.
(old news, I proposed this as a better approach when Fab added their other workaround, which was designed to fail)

It was a workaround posted in the context of hardware players though, which usually can offer bit-perfect SPDIF. But are you sure you can't do the same with PDVD12?

No I'm not sure, but I don't think it will pass PCM via SPDIF 1:1.
ReClock with wasapi might help.

That and the fact that PDVD12 in the latest build detects cinavia. So even with the header modified on the stream, there's a bigger chance now than ever that it will still detect the cinavia signal.

I'm working on fixing that PDVD12 cinavia detection problem as we speak. :D

Right now I'm just in a learning phase. Trying to make sure what I think I know is right. One step at a time. :)

That and the fact that PDVD12 in the latest build detects cinavia. So even with the header modified on the stream, there's a bigger chance now than ever that it will still detect the cinavia signal.

It won't.
I haven't tried it as I consider it a waste of time, but it won't. :D

That's only if PDVD is designed to detect and decode the DTS in Redbook format PCM, which most players aren't, and that's why it works.

This will work, of course. It is a known Cinavia workaround. But it is very .... unpractical. With PDVD12 you'll probalbly only hear 'noise'.

This is interesting to say the least.. so you just chang the DTSHD Audio track to DTS WAV as per DTS Audio CD format and it should work ?

Only works with the DTS core, so you'll have to strip that first.

A DVD friend told me he heard a rumor that when Cinavia was engineered and created their goal was to stop playback of approximately 85% of all backed up commercial movies. Backed up movies burned to a disk or put on the hard drive.

Cinavia first attack was at standalone hardware players, and now the second attack on software players.

Currently the best workaround is an old standalone player without Cinavia and software players without Cinavia (un-licensed) and some external audio hardware equipment that can't detect the Cinavia signal.

Backing up commercial movies even with the best software programs like the future Slyce are going to be almost useless if the back-ups can not be played because of the Cinavia cancer.

I believe there currently exists a workable cure for the Cinavia cancer but the doctors are in fear of being sued by Sony, Verance, and the goverment if they bring their software to the open marketplace.

Corporate locations where the DVD laws are at a minimum, like where Slysoft lives, are in the best position to bring the Cinavia cure to the open marketplace and really needs to be included in the Slyce product for the future of DVD's and Blu-rays for DVD fans all over the world.:agree:

I moved your Cinavia related post to the Cinavia thread where it belongs. :policeman:

Currently the best workaround is an old standalone player without Cinavia and software players without Cinavia (un-licensed) and some external audio hardware equipment that can't detect the Cinavia signal.
Like every player without the need for an AACS license. WDTV, HiMedia, and many, many others.

Many, if not all HD content is packaged in the MKV container. Cinavia is still present in this, and when played on Cinavia infected machines normally triggers a Code 3 after about 20 minutes.

From reading the limited info available on Cinavia it appears that on a bought Bluray, the player 'handshakes' with code on the disc telling it the disc is legit. On an MKV this code is not there, hence the trigger.

The watermark must be muxed down onto the audio in the production process. I've read it is at around 15khz, but it is still audio, or a file that runs on the audio track.

I found this on another forum

What we know:

Cinavia triggers after a certain time
Cinavia triggers in shorter intervals if you stop and resume, meaning the first trigger delay is software based.
Cinavia is not fooled by skipping around, meaning it must always be there
Cinavia cannot be removed by transcoding the audio to another format, meaning it is NOT a digital watermark
Cinavia does not require an active internet connection, meaning it is in the file.
Cinavia cannot be heard
Cinavia cannot be removed by removing some of the channels

Let's take a look at the soundfile then:

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/49809333.png

What you see is a five minute snapshot of a Cinavia movie I legally own. No copyprotection had to be circumvented in the creation of this picture. What you should notice is the stripe at 15khz. The intensity varies, but no matter what you do, it is always there. Zoom in closer and it'll appear where you thought it was not. Look at any part of the movie in this way and it will be there. A stripe means there is a concurrent sound of the same frequency from one frame to the next. This stripe is in the entire dts file from beginning to end on all channels except the lfc. This means that this is an artificial analogue signal. With everything else being digital, why should there be something like that? Because you would transcode it to ac3, mp3 or any other format. A watermark you copy, instead of stripping it away like you do with all the other digital watermarks. The one thing Cinavia does, what other watermarks don't. You cannot hear it, either because your hearing does no longer respond to 15khz, or if it still does, the sound is almost muted. But it is there, from beginning to end, if anything, this is what the software responds to. I took a look on some movies which are not Cinavia protected and none of them has any of those crazy 15khz stripes.

So, if this is indeed the Cinavia mark, is it possible to create a demux tool, like TSMUXER, that can demux anything on in this range?

....Cinavia cancer.....Cinavia cancer

STOP calling it CANCER! NO ONE has died from cinavia, and no one will. It is an annoyance, nothing more. Real cancer is a lot more than an annoyance, so PLEASE stop calling cinavia something it is not.

</rant> back to the regularly scheduled free-for-all about cinavia.

They feel that being all dramatic will make people take the situation more seriously. OMGZ PONIES there's a CANCER in my device! They fail to realize that it doesn't do a damn thing in reality. Cinavia is a protection. Big deal.

Back