• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

So you want me to point out the contradiction in your post? :) You're telling me, that you believe that the DVD contains a signal that is Cinavia, but modified to avoid detection? Perfect. According to your theory, then, the studios just put out a disc showing how to defeat Cinavia. Yea, I'm *SURE* that's much much more likely than not having any Cinavia on the disc at all. :rolleyes: :)

That's great! Thanks very much! I consider your help a great resource. ;)

I'm thinking file sizes will not be more than 200MB or so.

Well, I'll be back in a week or so. If no one else has tried whatever you want by the time I get back, let me know and I'll try it out. I spent a LOT of time working on The Losers to see how robust Cinavia is. It's rather frightening how resilient the little bugger is.

I've seem some vague posts that changing the speed of the playback defeats it. Can anyone confirm that and give some details?

TIA ;)

That's bollocks mate, it's been tried afaik. It may delay the detection a bit, but from what i've read the signal still gets detected nonetheless.

What if you process the audio... and slight hiss or small reverb? any one try this yet? I have tried speeding up to 10x and the audio still is compomised

That's been tried and faild. changing speed only slows down/increases detection. The signal is still there

That's been tried and faild. changing speed only slows down/increases detection. The signal is still there

I know I said I tried speeding up & slowing down... My question related to adding a slight augmentation to the audio hiss/rverb

Adding noise, either by white noise or random reverb is not going to fool it, that would be way too easy.

I am seeing some phase shifting between the DVD (non cinavia) and BD (cinavia) audio that I'm workng on cancelling out.

One thing about using the player to adjust the speed is that it knows what speed you selected.
Has anyone tried re-encoding the audio at 10X speed or so and playing it at 1X on the player to see if that still triggers cinavia? i.e. so the player thinks it's playing at 1X but the audio is really running at a much higher speed.

I re-encoded money ball at 2x 3x and 10x (i should have started at 10x I'm an idiot sometimes) and played at 1x at still got the cinavia.

What if we reversed the movie and watched it backwards? at 1x? (not joking)

be my guest & try it, even if that worked how on earth would anyone understand what the movie is all about or even hear anything if watched backwards :p

Thanks for that info. How ever we can (or cannot) break it is useful information. I have a feeling that even playing backwards won't make a difference, but it would be interesting.

If the detection is speeded up by playing faster, that's actually useful as it makes testing a lot faster. How fast does it detect at 10X vs 1X?

TIA :)

Sigh. It's comments like this that make me believe you still don't understand the basics of cinavia. Why are you wasting time on this? Detection happens almost instantly. The grace period after it's detected and before it's activated is set by the studios. Speeding up, slowing down, playing backwards...it isn't going to do anything. I thought you were interested in finding real information on the signal itself. Now you're futilly testing how good the detection algorithm is. Let me help you out....it's damn near flawless at detection. You're not going to find flaws or fool the detection with these simple tricks. Go back to analyzing the signal itself. That is a more useful endeavor IMO.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Yea I did a lot of testing on the ps3. The signal detection is instant.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Not being able to help with anything useful, I'd just like to say good luck and thanks for your hard work.
Any protection can and will be broken!

Btw, is there an "official" list of affected players(and firmware) that is easy to go through?
If not, I have some experience in PHP/HTML etc. and could make one with the option for everyone to add affected players.

Last edited:
I'm no audio expert, and I haven't read all 172 pages of this thread, so please forgive me if I'm asking something that's covered.

If Cinavia is inaudible, have people figured out what the frequency range is? For example, filtering out all audio below ~20hz, and then seeing if Cinavia is triggered? (The same test could apply for the higher range, ~20khz for example.)

If the protection really is inaudible, it seems like we would just be able to keep filtering until we didn't see the trigger anymore. Since people much smarter than me haven't figured it out yet, I'm guessing there's something much more advanced than that going on. If that's the case, would anyone be explain, in layman's terms, what that approach doesn't work? :)

Best of luck to all of you working on figuring this out.

Blue-Ray Help

I see you have a lot of knowledge about copying BD disks.
I have been backing up my DVD for years now but I don't know what to buy for Blue-ray disks. I will up-grade my AnyDVD but I have no idea what else I need to get for my Blue-ray movies. I also already have a Lite-on BD writer. I tried the Power2Go software that the writer came with and of course it only did things like the docs and demos that were small.

I see you have a lot of knowledge about copying BD disks.
I have been backing up my DVD for years now but I don't know what to buy for Blue-ray disks. I will up-grade my AnyDVD but I have no idea what else I need to get for my Blue-ray movies. I also already have a Lite-on BD writer. I tried the Power2Go software that the writer came with and of course it only did things like the docs and demos that were small.

You will need AnyDVD HD to rip the disc and since BD-50 media are very expensive you will need to re-encode the movie using BD-Rebuilder and then use Imgburn to burn the image to disc. Go here for more info >>>>
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/blu-ray-to-blu-ray-avchd

Depends on what you consider 'expensive'. You can pick up DL BD-r's for under £3 now

Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Fortunately, this freeware program will read the playlist files in a ripped Blu Ray
playlist folder and then play the m2ts files in appropriate order. Just experiment to find the right playlist for the whole movie, if that is what you want. I do not think that Power DVD or ArkSoft players know about Cinavia at this point. It might be wise to buy an old version just in case. You can always use HDMI output from the PC to play these.

Back