• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

That's not a real solution, its a work arround. The cinavia crap still is on the disc

That's not a real solution, its a work arround. The cinavia crap still is on the disc

True, it's still on the disk, but if you never use a player that detects it, it might as well not be there. In my opinion, that is a solution. It's not the only one as removing it is a solution, but an impractical one in my opinion.

And if using software players were limited to only viewing on PCs, then i would agree that it's not the best solution. But with dedicated htpcs that people can put together themselves or purchase pre-built with non-Cinavia software players then i believe it is one of the best solutions.

Any solution that removes it is going to have other problems. No DTS-HD MA encoder. No TrueHD encoder. So you're left with decoded LPCM "clean" audio. In any case, such removal solutions are nowhere near ready. I doubt they're even being worked on tbh. Much bigger priorities right now.

I hate to just bust in after not having read the whole thread, but has anyone tried Fourier analysis on Cinavia-protected streams?

M04.r.787

cant find any info on the web.was wondering if anyone knows if the M04.R.787 update as of 8/23/11 for Sony blu-ray player BDP-S770 has cinavia protection in it.thx for any info anyone can or is willing to give. don't want to update and it kill my back up's as it is my only player.

M04.r.787

i asked in the (I believe) right place with no answer. i know it says any dvd hd is not the place to ask, but with no answer and nowhere else to ask, im going to give it a shot.cant find any info on the web.was wondering if anyone knows if the M04.R.787 update as of 8/23/11 for Sony blu-ray player BDP-S770 has cinavia protection in it.thx for any info anyone can or is willing to give. don't want to update and it kill my back up's as it is my only player.

Last edited:
Currently, one of the best ways to keep Cinavia off your optical drive, if it does NOT come from the factory with the disease on it, is to put each new firmware update from the Sony web site on a CD disk, and only do a firmware update if ALL KNOWN problems have been fixed.

I have not been able to get Sony to tell me which firmware update, if any firmware has the Cinavia disease on it, I also believe that the general employees don't know themselves because Sony is not telling them.

You will also have a hard time trying to find a website that tells you what firmware version for your model optical drive has the Cinavia disease.
:doh:

Reverse firmware engineering, if you catch the Cinavia disease from the firmware update you added. Purchasing Blu-ray optical drives upder $100. also helps the pain for the terminal disease. Want to get very rich, very fast, find a cure for the Cinavia disease and not a circumvention.

Last edited by a moderator:
One post was adequate, wheeljack. :) Asking in the AnyDVD HD thread was off-topic and you had already posted here so it was just redundant. I merged the other thread here in this one.

Niggling question:

How is "Cinavia" pronounced?

Is it:
1) Cin-ä-vë-a, with the second syllable possessing a macron (or diaeresis - depending upon your particular diacritic) hard "A" as in "Paste", or "Date";

or is it:

2) Cin-a-vë-a, with the second syllable unaccented for English as in cat, or matte.

That the second syllable must bear the pronunciation is clear - as long as Cinavia is not an English loanword.

I don't know about that. I think it's more a play on "cinema" which is why I pronounce it "sin-ay-vee-ah". I could be wrong, of course, but, that's my take on it.

my PS3 just went out. I want to buy a new Blue Ray player. Definitely avoiding Sony. Are there any brands anybody knows for sure that won't trigger the Cinavia on disc that I have backed up? Thanks.

Ok, I'm new here and didn't read the whole thread. I have an idea about detecting and removing cinavia. Someone has probably suggested it before and it might not even work, or be possible at all, but here it goes. Please don't flame me.

What if you buy a blu-ray BD-ROM authoring software/machine (whatever they use to make them) and also this.

Author a BD-ROM without cinavia, and again the same but this time with cinavia. Compare the two. Is it possible?

As I mentioned I'm new here and also not an expert in video related stuff.

Last edited:
Once Cinavia is mixed in, it (so far) can not be removed. Think of mixing sugar with sand - then trying to get the sugar back out.

Back