• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

I don't personally care what you do, but, such movies aren't going to be discussed here. I'm glad you found a solution to your....problem...but the movies aren't legit and have no business being discussed on this forum.

DTS HD Master and cinavia

a quick question re the nonelossless nature of cinavia compromised DTS HD master audio....

do we know if the cinavia is in the
core track or
core track and core track plus difference
core track but not core plus difference.

the thought occurred to me that it may be possible for them to keep the audio lossless by compromising only the core only (and specifying that is the only part to be examined,) and removing the code using the difference track.

does anyone know for a fact if it is implemented this way or not. the obvious reason not would clearly be that the difference track would contain a clear picture of cinavia.

If you had taken the time to read any of this thread then you'd know that Cinavia is applied to the audio master before it's authored to DVD or blu-ray. Besides that, I think you misunderstand how DTS-HD MA works. You can't compromise the core track without affecting the HD extension. In any case, no, your idea isn't going to work for Cinavia.

If you had taken the time to read any of this thread then you'd know that Cinavia is applied to the audio master before it's authored to DVD or blu-ray. Besides that, I think you misunderstand how DTS-HD MA works. You can't compromise the core track without affecting the HD extension. In any case, no, your idea isn't going to work for Cinavia.

Is it strictly necessary for you to be so rude? You may moderate this forum. But i don't see that that is any excuse from basic civility. particularly since you are being so rude to a customer of slysoft.

The information that i was after was that the cinavia is applied to the audio master. you have my humblest apologies for not reading the 1500 posts in this thread. i beg of you that you forgive me.

you are wrong about DTS HD MA btw. it is perfectly possible to apply a change to the core and remove it with the HD extension. I'm not sure in what sense my question is 'not going to work for cinavia' i was asking a question about implementation. from a cryptographic sense i've been working on cinavia for a while and have as good an understanding as anyone.

Last edited:
Yes once again very sorry for asking people to read anything. Especially since I took the time to write a rather long post and link to it from a sticky thread.

You could somehow modify the dts core, yes, but you would lose the hd extensions. Unless you're planning on modifying it without decoding it. But I don't believe that's going to be possible for Cinavia. The Cinavia signal is embedded before the track is converted to dts. I think you'll have to decode it to pcm in order to remove Cinavia. It's been speculated that even when bitstreaming the player must decode in order to detect it. So I don't think working on the encoded audio will work. Not generically anyway.

You have to decode it to modify it in any way, it's the reason bitstreaming requires bit-perfect streaming. IIRC James quoted some processing numbers for the players' requirements to decode and bitstream, in order to detect Cinavia while bitstreaming.

Dylan Dog, region 1 back up played on PS3 receives the same audio interference after about 20 minutes of play, sound mutes and box appears with message and also an Error Code 3. Says got to Cinavia.com for additinal info.

[SLiM];319047 said:
Seems those with JB PS3's may be able to remove cinavia in not too long. Know it doesn't apply to all, but does to somebody like me :)

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/disable-cinavia-drm-proection-task-ps3mfw-builder-1266/

Agreed, the ability to remove Cinavia detection is pretty sweet. I think this will be the approach to standalone players as well (at least those that can update firmware).

Can one who has a ps3 with this "fix" still get online safely? Just wondering.

Thanks for that link. That's definitely on the right track. It says that it works for all DLNA playback; only thing missing is pre-cinavia version of "bdp_plugin sprx "; so BD and AVCHD formats are still checked.

Since it fixes the cinavia problem for DLNA, does that mean it works for backup DVD's without re-encoding from the original?

Combined with this simple fix, it should be possible to re-encode a backup copy of a BluRay to a DLNA compatible format and bypass cinavia that way. Re-encoding is messy though, the patch for "bdp_plugin sprx " is much more elegant and probably forth coming.

Great stuff!;)

Modified FW's are floating around that claim to disable cinavia completely, so re-encoding to DLNA is not required.

8)

I may Be out of date and completely wrong, But why remove when it may Be easier to move around it?

Back in the Bad old days of Boot code tracing we would find out what the code that protected the disc did to make it uncopyaBle and worked around it or changed it.

In this case I'm assuming that the audio stream goes through a particular piece of code that analyzes it and if it finds something missing it must then do a RTS that displays the message. Find that point and you can change it Before it's written to a new disc.

Depending on how it has to Be done, it may add several minutes to the copy time, or not.

Forgive the capital 'B's as my keyBoard decoder is acting up and the only way it will let me do 'B's is to copy it to clipBoard and paste where I want a 'B'. So I can either do a capital B or a lower case B easily. Sometimes it's the n.

Tks
Rick

Back