• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Since their not worried with this is there any other programs that can actually remove it?

At the present time, there is no way to actually remove it or disable it sufficiently that a cinavia compliant player won't set off the cinavia warning. The only sure-fire way to not get the cinavia warning is to not use a cinavia enabled player, software or standalone.

There was a crude hack workaround that got stopped pretty quickly a while back, along with some recent claims of "future-proof" that quickly were shown to be merely creative advertising, no actual solution.

Given the track record that Slysoft has with tackling other protection schemes that were supposedly unbreakable, BD+ for instance, that when the developers say that the soon to be released Slyce will eventually be able to tackle cinavia, it will be taken care of. It is only a matter of time, and then constant updates to jump ever higher hurdles.

If bit perfect copies were possible then what would be the point of a copy protection? I don't get why people don't understand that point. If you could just duplicate the disc and get an exact copy of the original then you not need AnyDVD or any other copy protection removal. But um, you do. Cause the protection works.

If bit perfect copies were possible then what would be the point of a copy protection? I don't get why people don't understand that point. If you could just duplicate the disc and get an exact copy of the original then you not need AnyDVD or any other copy protection removal. But um, you do. Cause the protection works.

A really crude analogy is a photocopier. I can put a piece of paper that says "DO NOT COPY" on it, but it will make (for argument's sake) a "bit perfect" copy that is just as useful

High end copiers do have technology to prevent duplication of money - specific code - so do Blu Ray drive manufacturers have to put code in the firmware to prevent full bit copying and that's the issue?

I guess my curiosity is what prevents a low level reading of a disk and spitting those exact bits out as an ISO What's on the disc at a low level is meaningless, 1's and 0's, as there is no execution of any code during such a process.

As has been mentioned before, the original discs have a BD-ROM mark on them which is read by the player, but can't be copied, without that your copies can't be played unless they are decrypted first.

As has been mentioned before, the original discs have a BD-ROM mark on them which is read by the player, but can't be copied, without that your copies can't be played unless they are decrypted first.

Thanks (and not being anal, just very curious)

Regarding the mark being read by the player, is the mark in the binary pits, or some special marking separate from this?

And are bd-rom drives unable to read the mark, as obviously the commercial consumer players must be able to .

If so, just idle speculation - would a different kind of bd-rom drive that can read the mark be possible?

Last edited:
All BD drives can read the ROM mark otherwise you wouldn't be able to play original discs on your PC, but it's in a non writable area, so even if you copied it off there's no way to write it back to a disc or do anything else with it.
read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_Mark

:shrugs:

Someone "claimed" to have defeated Cinavia like this :disagree: and so people are trying to see if they can get it to work. :bang:

The Cinavia logo should have been a lemming.

All BD drives can read the ROM mark otherwise you wouldn't be able to play original discs on your PC, but it's in a non writable area, so even if you copied it off there's no way to write it back to a disc or do anything else with it.
read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_Mark

Now I see what it is, thanks

So theoretically, you might be able write that mark information to a special file, and then some player might be able to refer to this mark as the actual disc mark? (I understand that any commercial player purpose-built this way would not be in compliance and lose their licensing, so perhaps things like TMT5 or PVD would sprout non-commercial "hacks" that might accomplish this redirect)

Not a programmer, so this may be viewed as nonsensical, though more nefarious hacks have been introduced into our world...

Thanks

If it were possible I'm pretty sure someone would have done it by now. Plus, why bother. Once the copy protection is removed by AnyDVD HD then there's no need to bother with the ROM mark other than for commercial PC players which have Cinavia detection. The easiest way round that is to either use an earlier non Cinavia detecting version or make your films in to 'Movie only' and play them back in a non commercial PC player

Last edited:
If it were possible I'm pretty sure someone would have done it by now. Plus, why bother. Once the copy protection is removed by AnyDVD HD then there's no need to bother with the ROM mark other than for commercial PC players which have Cinavia detection. The easiest way round that is to either use an earlier non Cinavia detecting version or make your films in to 'Movie only' and play them back in a non commercial PC player

Can you provide examples of non commercial PC players. Is VLC media player one of them?

Last edited:
This post will probably get me banned or something. But people seem to be constantly complaining about this Cinavia thing. So, it's good to see some progress, no matter who finds the "cure" first.

I found this...

The developers of the DVD-Ranger software have the first future-proof solution for Cinavia free DVD and Blu-ray

Santa Ponsa (Spain), 09/21/2012 – Many DVD and Blu-ray users know this problem: the DVD or Blu-ray playback stops suddenly with a cryptic error message or remains frozen or silent. This is caused by the relatively new copy protection system Cinavia.

Shortly after the Cinavia solution of DVDFab has been once again made useless by the Cinavia producer, DVD-Ranger Software offers help. The developers of DVD-Ranger have eliminated the Cinavia’s signal during the development of other software by accident. The Cinavia’s signal has been changed so that it has become unreadable. They have not fought against the Cinavia’s system directly; it is more likely triggered by a design error of Cinavia itself.

Pixbyte has chosen the release date for the DVD-Ranger 5 with Cinavia module to be 10/31/2012 (Halloween). At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD.

Pixbyte is known by the DVD neXt COPY Software and DVD-Ranger products line. Pixbyte has been present for about 10 years on the backup and copy software market.

Link to news...

Code:
http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/#comment-3248

Don't search much, huh? :) This has been discussed to death on this forum. What's AWESOME is they were late with their original ETA, didn't even say anything about it until several days after they missed their target, released a new version with the "CinEx interface" but NOT the actual Cinavia removal code. So far, they've got nothing.

Don't search much, huh? :) This has been discussed to death on this forum. What's AWESOME is they were late with their original ETA, didn't even say anything about it until several days after they missed their target, released a new version with the "CinEx interface" but NOT the actual Cinavia removal code. So far, they've got nothing.

Sorry about that. Yeah, I'm guilty of not doing any searches before posting my message. Feel free to delete it. Right now they have Pre-Orders of this "Cinavia Module" thing. Guess it's worth checking from time to time, to see if there ever will be any further progress.

You should find the other discussion on it. I don't have a link handy but it's in one of the other Cinavia threads. We've been talking about it for months. It just keeps getting "better and better" as time goes on. if they actually do release a Cinavia removing product, great. I'm not holding my breath waiting, however. ;)

They're still taking preorders yes, but what you don't know is that they've changed the "release time" 2 times now, originally the preorder option was supposed to expire on 31/10 with release on 11/1, then it was supposed to be released on or arround mid Nov, now its "comming soon". All the while they keep taking money from people, and if they ask for a refund because they cant keep their deadline, they do it but blacklist them lol. That's a big reason why alot of ppl are sceptical about them and their "cinex" module.

Oh and they didn't say a word at first when they changed the deadline, they just changed it quietly. If slysoft were to do that if they were announcing a cinavia cure and didn't keep the deadline it would probably trigger a massive outcry by people. That is a big reason slysoft doesn't do exact dates. The fact that there is a semi-known release date for slyce is a big exception.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm not seeing the big deal with that Cinavia protection, but then I didn't buy AnyDVD HD to make illegal copies of Blu-Ray but to be able to remove the annoying protections which slow down playback or even break it until the Blu-Ray playback software is updated. Unless I misunderstood something, you can still play the duplicated movies with the several players who don't use Cinavia, and you can still make a 1:1 MKV out of the movie too to store on a home theater mass storage device. Granted, you lose the menus, but is that really a big deal? When you want to watch the extras and stuff like that, you can still insert your original disc.

Seems to me that Cinavia will only hurt those who make illegal copies, notably those who make Cam captures and sell them. And that can only be a good thing. It won't even stop those who make 1:1 MKV rips to post on the net, since those can be played with software that doesn't have any Cinavia check in it. If it can get us rid of all the other, very annoying and slow protection systems, I don't see the big deal.

At the end, as a consumer, I see all those protection systems (including Cinavia) only as nuisances for the honest people, and none of them (including Cinavia) stops the guy who really wants to make/distribute illegal copies.

But as I said, maybe I missed something.

Not a problems for normal users. Its very much a problem. What about u buy a brand new disc that has cinavia on it and you want to make a backup of it for the kids to use that one to play with (scratches etc) while keeping the original safe and llocked away. Oh wait, that won't work because cinavia will kick in arround 20min when the kids are watching because it things you've got an illegal disc. Cinavia is very much a problem in that case. Consumers can no longer backup their precious discs. And cinavia does stop the pirates for now in a small way. You can't play such movies in any format (disc or mobile such as avi) without triggering it if the player supports it

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

...if the player supports it
That seems the keyword to me. While "official" big players like PowerDVD, Totalmedia and possibly Microsoft too will detect Cinavia, I doubt players like MPlayer Home Cinema will ever support it. And MPlayer Home Cinema reads MKV just fine.

And about the kids... the solution is to NOT let underage kids use fragile stuff like a blu-ray player anyway. The kid only has to lose balance and he falls on the player's tray while open, or grabs it to try to avoid falling, and of course breaks it, and there you go... you lost way more than just a disc, you just lost your blu-ray player. Kids want to watch a movie? It's YOUR expensive home theater installation, it's YOUR money, so the kids ask YOU for permission and YOU put the disc into the player. Well, that's how it worked when I still had underage kids here at home.

Note that I agree with you that all those protections are utterly annoying and harm the honest consumer more than the illegal copies, as I already said in my previous post. That's pretty much why I have a lifetime of AnyDVD-HD - to not be annoyed by those crappy copy protections when I play back my LEGIT disks. I personally wish they would have only used Cinavia for theater movies or pre-release material to avoid illegal Blu-Ray spreading out based on cam recordings or preview discs. But still, Cinavia seems to be way less annoying that all the BD+ and other crap which only creates playback problems even with legit, official discs.

Last edited:
Back