• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Thank you.

I checked with Karate Kid and my new BDT 220 contains the cinavia protection.
Will try to install a older firmware.
With a few modifications it should be possible.

Mike

Your welcome glad I could help.

That was just the down load page, as Pelvis Popcorn said it's a free media player that does not detect Cinavia, but it won't play original Blu-ray discs of course, but it doesn't have to. The ISO back ups work great.

XBMC seems to be playing my ISO's better then TMT 5 _ it's not so finicky when it comes to refresh rates.

So far it's the only free media player that seems to work with my frame interpolation feature on my Panasonic projector. All others including Power DVD and Corel have jerky play back, Power DVD being the worst.

Im not watching the film on my laptop though im watching it on a sony blu ray player.

Watching on a standalone sony BD player....no wonder you got the cinavia warning.

No, anydvd is not designed to handle cinavia and never will. The nature of the cinavia protection and how it works, will require recoding of the audio stream to remove it. This is beyond the scope op anydvd. The upcoming bluray backup program (called slyce which should be released before the end of the year) will be able to remove it at a later point but not in release. Cinavia is too complex for anydvd to handle, it cannot be removed on-the-fly like pretty much any other dvd or bluray protection.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I'm not watching the film on my laptop though I'm watching it on a Sony blu ray player.

You have a few choices, you can wait for Slyce to defeat Cinavia (may have a long wait) Be reminded too that you will have to purchase Slyce, it will not be included as an upgrade or update if you have a license for Any DVD HD.
Get yourself an older Blu-ray player that does not support Cinavia or at least one where no one has done a firmware update that includes Cinavia.

eg a Sony BDPS300, it's so old that Sony can't release a Cinavia update for it, but they still do release updates.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-K-One-SON...?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item27cc94acac

Upgrade your laptop to play Blu-rays, this can be very problematic.

Buy the Blu-rays that have Cinavia on it, there are not that many out there, here's a list from DVD Fab.

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

Last edited:
You got the copy, no?

So does this mean Anydvd is not as advertised?

The playback problem is caused by Cinavia and has nothing to do with preventing making the copy.
We get a lot of queries about the playback blocking of DVD / BD copies caused by Cinavia.

There has been a lot of discussion about this for some time now. You can read all about that here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

Since this does not prevent the copy we do not see this as a real protection as such.
We will most likely address this in our new Blu-Ray product Slyce but not before 2013.

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
No retail Blu-ray playback = no AACS license required = no Cinavia.
If you can live without full menus, there are many very good and very cheap media players available.

IMHO recording to Blu-ray media is extremely painful anyway. Expensive, slow, unreliable.

A harddisk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

There has been a lot of discussion about this for some time now. You can read all about that here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
No retail Blu-ray playback = no AACS license required = no Cinavia.
If you can live without full menus, there are many very good and very cheap media players available.

A harddisk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

I forgot about Hard Disk Media Player... :bowdown:

Yeah, a cool idea

The idea actually came from James. Works like a dream

I have a blu ray compatible laptop with Windows 7 on it but it runs Cyberlink Power DVD and it looks like that is on that list in the link.

Do you think the audio on the other DVDs i was having problems with might have been Cinavia? Those didnt show a message they just had messed up audio half way through. I think those were ones i burned Blu Ray to regular DVD.

Last edited:
I have a blu ray compatible laptop with Windows 7 on it but it runs Cyberlink Power DVD and it looks like that is on that list in the link.

Do you think the audio on the other DVDs i was having problems with might have been Cinavia? Those didnt show a message they just had messed up audio half way through. I think those were ones i burned Blu Ray to regular DVD.
Cinavia always shows up as an error message after a certain number of minutes (IIRC 10 min); that's not what's happening with your DVDs. Besides, if you have an older PDVD version (before PDVD 12) it shouldn't have Cinavia.

Get yourself an older Blu-ray player that does not support Cinavia or at least one where no one has done a firmware update that includes Cinavia.

eg a Sony BDPS300, it's so old that Sony can't release a Cinavia update for it, but they still do release updates.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-K-One-SON...?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item27cc94acac

Upgrade your laptop to play Blu-rays, this can be very problematic.

Buy the Blu-rays that have Cinavia on it, there are not that many out there, here's a list from DVD Fab.

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

You do not have to go back to a Sony BDP-S300 in order to have a cinavia free Sony standalone player. At this point, earlier players than the x80 and x90 series of Sony players remain clean even with the latest firmware.
Regarding titles that have cinavia - even better - do not buy them at all - let studios paying verance to modify audio tracks actually experience lower sales of their infected products.

I was talking to the library IT guy who I know pretty well, and he loves to make, hmm, backups too, like all of us, but he uses DvdFab. I asked him about Cinavia, and he told me, it's no problem, all you have to do is disconnect your internet connection, reboot, and Cinavia can't check to see if there's protection or something like that. I told him, I can't believe they would make it that easy to get around, but he seemed pretty sure of himself, and that a couple other steps had to be made to get around Cinavia. Time ran out and he had to move on, but I just thought that was to me, kind of humorous that he has the answer the world has been looking for. :disagree:

well your IT guy needs to brush up on his knowledge. cinavia doesnt require internet access to check. A cinavia detection capable player sees the signal in the audio. It then checks for the inserted disc, if it has AACS protection and if it's an original disc. Ifnot then it displays the warning & mutes video/audio according to the type of message displayed. The only internet part that comes to play is when the USER wants to lookup that message.

disconnect internet & reboot lol. Then how come a ps3 with the latest firmware that isn't connected to the net can still find cinavia. Oh wait, that's because the firmware on the PS3 has that capability. It doesn't need internet

Sounds like the library IT guy is also an employee of Ranger 5, and works in the same department that sells all the BS.:D

Did the library IT guy also tell you the Indianapolis motor speedway is a 1 mile oval track?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding titles that have cinavia - even better - do not buy them at all - let studios paying verance to modify audio tracks actually experience lower sales of their infected products.

Yikes _ that would be hard to do with the up coming release of The Amazing Spider Man _ I haven't seen it yet.

Cinavia always shows up as an error message after a certain number of minutes (IIRC 10 min); that's not what's happening with your DVDs. Besides, if you have an older PDVD version (before PDVD 12) it shouldn't have Cinavia.

I have Cyberlink Power DVD 9.6 pre installed on my laptop and it wouldnt play the same DVD at all.

So my best bet is to download that player in the link earlier and play it from my laptop to my tv?

Cinavia detection?

I know, yet another Cinavia thread. I just had a question/feature request and (since the forum didn't let me search for a phrase "cinavia detection") I wasn't able to determine if the question was already answered. Excuse me if it has been asked.

As I said, I'm looking at just knowing what titles I'm backing up have Cinavia (not at removing the offending signal, just tell me it's there). I might not spend the media backing up an infected disk if I could determine it has Cinavia. While lists are well and good, they tend to be stale as soon as new media is released. Would it be possible for AnyDVD (HD) to tell us which disks have Cinavia? No removal necessary.

TIA

Back